Best class to make if i wanted to focus on grouping?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sctt033, May 8, 2022.

1. Sctt033 Elder

I was gonna make a shaman or druid but i feel like theyll be very overplayed any other good group classes?
  2. Manafasto Augur

Will you raid? A tank is always welcomed to a group. The tank, enchanter, and bard make the group. You could substitute the bard for a monk because they keep the mobs churning in.
  3. Sctt033 Elder

Mmm i dont think ill be raiding much but i was thinking maybe a SK monk or enchanter
  4. Slaytanik Elder

Enchanter, Cleric, SK, Bard, and Monk are going to get the most groups.

If you're also trying to think ahead about raiding not just in Classic, but in future expansions, then:

- I'd make a Warrior over an SK.
    - I'd make a Monk over a Bard (although I absolutely love Bards)
    - I'd definitely make a Necro (you wont get AS many groups, but your raid capability from a dps and utility standpoint is really unmatched)
  5. Sctt033 Elder

Thank u all ill make a enchanter
    Rebelicious and Slaytanik like this.
  6. Sizzle Journeyman

I've been unable to decide between monk and necro for main starting from classic and goal is to go as far as I possibly can. Raiding and grouping as much as possible. Which way would you go between those two?
    Also, I've played a necro from GoD + and gotten the 2.0 on 2 separate necros, so I do know how to play them, if that matters much. It's not like this is a particularly hard game, but I understand the mechanics of how necro spells work and how to play them well. E.G. undead charm soloing in velks, etc...
    But I've never gotten to play from classic+.
  7. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Tank or Cleric.
  8. code-zero Augur

Bard, if you want to raid then most guilds will want as many bards as they can get up to 1 per group. Maybe more.

Bards work in almost any group environment as well

There are 3 tank classes and people can argue about which works best where, there are actually 4 healers since Pally can heal on par with druids.

The tough thing about bards is just playing them well as it's not going to be easy
  9. Alikat Lorekeeper

Is that actually true? I didn't realize druids were that bad.

I ran an LDoN with a ranger main healer once back on cornaiv, shockingly smooth/no deaths.
  10. Zansobar Augur

I would say play an enchanter or cleric if you want to group. With charm pets I've never needed tanks to do group content.
    Overcast451 and Wurl like this.
  11. code-zero Augur

Paladins healing is pretty powerful. I'd rank healers Cleric >>> Shaman>Druid~Paladin
  12. Wurl New Member

A few people in this thread are saying tanks, but the unfortunate reality is that after level 39 when clerics get cheal, no one wants tanks except as pullers. Enchanter+cleric with cheal is just a much better tank than the tank classes.

If you want to always be needed in groups through the first several expacs then the pick is cleric or enchanter full stop.
  13. Slaytanik Elder

Yea, honestly best group makeup is:
    Cleric
    Enchanter
    Mage
    Mage
    Necro
    Bard
    Pizzanomicon likes this.
  14. Overcast451 Augur

On Mischief Druids were anything but overplayed as of currently. Maybe in the early days on the server you will see a lot... but many people are playing them for a utility/PLing class for alts later on.

They are great for leveling alts, making cash on ports early on, farming, tradeskilling - or just collecting materials for the main you will be tradeskilling with.

In the long run, most guilds I looked into needed Druids and even more so - Cleric and Enchanter mains. The guild I was in had a 'workable' amount of Clerics and Enchanters - but practically no druids.

So if you are really into Shaman or Druid - don't worry about it! Half the healers on the servers are boxed anyway. A main is just always going to be played better, regardless of the relative skill of the player (Bad players will play a single toon a bit better; awesome players will play a single toon exceptionally)

No offense to boxers - I box. But If I'm solely focused on a single class, I'm just simply going to play it better than splitting my attention. I wouldn't hesitate to play any class in EQ as a main, to be frank. The needs of groups and guilds will vary all the time. Sometimes they are needing healers bad, other times DPS is needed.

Main thing is - something you like and will stick with it. I know I'll do the same though - sometimes perceive a class as 'overplayed' and do another. That's actually one of my biggest problems in EQ. I need ta' practice what I preach! ... But they are all so fun :)
  15. Haak Augur

If you want to be laser-focused on the group aspect of the game, then Rogue is the only answer. Not because it's going to bring the most to any group or is more powerful than other options, but because you literally cannot function without a group to any reasonable degree. Handcuff yourself to the group game my friend; let Rogue become the lock that will bind you.
    Xhartor likes this.
  16. Branntick Augur

Avoiding a class because it's 'overplayed' is a really bad idea.

Those classes are plentiful for a good reason. They're fun, and powerful. Good way to end up with class envy over time and begin to resent your choice.
  17. Pizzanomicon Augur

There is no overplayed class in terms of competent players. That's what you should be thinking.
    Dre. likes this.
  18. Iyvy Augur

Best group make up is Cleric Shaman Enchanter Enchanter Enchanter Bard.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Pizzanomicon Augur

Depends on where you are grouping honestly. If Undead are possible charms you would always want one necro.
  20. Meridian Augur

Tank, cleric, chanter, bard, monk, shaman all excellent choices if you just want to be able to find a group.
    TLP Addict likes this.