best bard melody for my group

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by strongbus, Nov 24, 2021.

1. strongbus Augur

ok just finished leveling up a bard to 115

been kinda free guessing what songs to use for adps and dps. and still doing more overs all group dps then when i had a druid in place of the bard.

thought i ask now what would be the best melody bang for the buck as to say.

few things.

1st the bard is just for standing back and doing melody so only damage hes doing is with dd/dot songs.

2nd. group is as follows bst/sham/cleric/2mages/bard.

any suggestions for song list and melody order will be ok.

thanks

and to add yes i have both sham and bard 2.0 and have keys setup to do both at once.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

assuming you have full synergy aa:
    aria, warmarch, yelinak, chant1, chant2, yelinak, chant 3, chant 4, yelinak, pulse
    or
    aria, warmarch, yelinak, sathir, chant1, yelinak, sathir, chant 2, yelinak, sathir
    but the 2nd melody may run you out of mana with the extra insults.

If you dont have synergy full or close then skip the insults
    aria, warmarch, chant 1, chant2, chant3, chant4, pulse, reckless renewal
    Swiss, code-zero and Elyssanda like this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

if your synergy isn't maxed.. get it there, you are losing 540,000DPS every 6 seconds without it.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I don't think that is true...

First off I think you want to say 540k damage every six seconds, which looks like under 100k for the group.

At 135k damage per, you have- three pets, beastlord, two mages, and I think bard benefits from the synergy with their songs?

If shaman is dotting, that is 8 people doing 135k damage per every six seconds. 1.1 million damage every six seconds, so just under 200k DPS.

This assumes shaman dots and bard songs work with the synergy. If not, now it drops to six people...
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Cice, he said the bard does nothing but stand back and do /melody. so bst, sham, mage mage benefit.. I don't know if it helps pets or not, so 4 not 8.
    and its a 1 shot every 6 seconds (rotating insult) for 135k damage for each of those 4, so not sustained extra 135kdamage. Use it, lose it, get it again with next insult.
    and 135,000x4=540,000..now if it does affect pets, then yes, double that.
  6. Waitwhat Elder

Maybe you re talking past one another. 540,000 DMG every 6 second is 540/6= 90,000 DPS
    Elyssanda and Szilent like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

One thing I've done recently is add GINA timers for my boxed bard's three important songs (aria, war march, reckless renewal) and gina timerd for my bard's dots. This lets me see if I'm keeping the important songs up or if I'm sacrificing them for dots / insults. I'm also able to see whether my dots are refreshing too soon or dotting a mob too late.

This might be useless info for a real bard, but it's been helpful for me to break down my melody efficacy.

You can see it in pink in the center left under my buffs.

code-zero, Svann2 and Waitwhat like this.
  8. strongbus Augur

thanks for the info all i will play around with it and see what i can get.
  9. Cuuthbert Augur

I would also consider Sathir's in place of Yelinaks. Yelinaks is a mana pig. Synergy would still be the same
    Szilent likes this.
  10. Iribabh Augur

Sathir's was removed from synergy last patch for ranks 13 and 14.
  11. Razorfall Augur

I'm Currently using the following:

1 - Aria
    2 - War March/Chorus
    3 - Pulse/Chorus
    4 - Dot 1
    5 - Dot 2
    6 - Dot 3
    7 - Dot 4
    8 - Push Insult
    9 - Non-Push Insult
    10 - Crescendo
    11 - Composite
    12 - Flex
    13 - Flex

I'm currently using both the push and non-push because the new push has a lot more damage than just yelniak/sathirs, and to have a second trigger for synergy at the highest AA rank.

Is there a way to /melody this to maximize the uptime for everything?

I was thinking about doing a melody with just 1-11, or even just 8-11 at the beginning of the fight so everything's cooldown has started, then switch to one that's 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11.

Any thoughts?
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Razorfall Augur

It looks like the second insult is kind of a waste unless you're trying to trigger sticks and stones.

What I'm liking so far is

1,2,11,4,5,11,6,7,11,8,1,11,2,4,11,5,6,11,7,3,11,1,2,11,4,5,11,6,7,11,3,1,11,2,4,11,5,6,11,7,3,11

It gets constant uptime on aria, war march, and the dots, with decent mana return and still spots to do a little adps with insults. Plus it looks nice on a spreadsheet.

The other melody I like is 11,1,11,10,2,10,11,3,10,11,4,10,11,5,10,11,6,10,11,7,11,10,8,10

While you do have gaps, it's never more than six seconds, and you really get to maximize your group's mana/endurance return while still putting out decent damage. Unfortunately, I don't really have a way to test how it affects adps since your adps spells won't have constant uptime.
  13. Conq Augur

How long does a mob have to live for this melody to be effective, just an estimate?
    Conq
  14. code-zero Augur

If you are pulling you can have a couple of insults and your chants landed before it gets into camp
  15. Razorfall Augur

After running a few more melodies, the best total outcome I see at the moment is:

Simple, 100% uptime on songs 1-7, still really good mana returns. For quick fights where mana management isn't gonna be a thing, you might just wanna do

But you might find you eat through your mana much too fast. Not much of a problem in a group setting though :)

This will still get you around the same DPS but has more mana gains for your group (and therefore more dps)

I've been playing with my spreadsheet too long XD
  16. Nightops Augur

Soo... I realize bard benefits are extremely sensitive to group composition, buffs, and game setting (group xp vs raid).

But for the group mentioned in OP, why not lead with aria and then 4 dots? I don't see a whole lot of benefit for the warmarch. And if you were not soo pet/spell damage heavy, I would even recommend just using aura and not leading with aria.

Also I feel putting the Dots on before insults is also better dps over the length of the fight. Sure, insults will have a large dps lead in short fights, but over the length of fight or over constant pulls without stops for mana/end regen, the dots may likely be better dps.
  17. Razorfall Augur

It's honestly kind of a wash, and doesn't really matter unless you are starting the fight with your melody off. I do War March before dots is because I prioritize my groups aDPS before the bard's DPS.
  18. Alnitak Augur

I usually go
    Dot1, Dot2, warmarch, Insult, Dot3, Dot4, Aria, Insult
    And my bard runs out of mana soon enough, so I replace insults with mana-regen song until mana is back.
    My group is melee-heavy, so pure casters are out of bard's love. And I do not stop bard's songs so specific order on the melody is not critical for warmarch/aria and chants sequence.
    Between beastlord's cold, poison and desease spells and mage's fire spells all four chant debuffs are useful to my group.
  19. Razorfall Augur

Those mages and beastlords are hungry hungry mana hippos, even with mod rods and paragon. Do you have to take a lot of med breaks?

What you could also do is Dot1, Dot2, warmarch, Crescendo, Dot3, Dot4, Aria, Insult, Dot1, Dot2, warmarch, Insult, Dot3, Dot4, Aria, Insult and that will get you back some mana for those two while sacrificing little DPS.
  20. Alnitak Augur

Huh? What med breaks? My beastlord is never out of mana.
    Mana regen from buffs + sporadic mana replenishment from Paragon, Focused Paragon, Unified Phoenix Feather (x 3 for 3 toons), Consumption of Spirit and mod rods is quite enough (that's about 246 + 794 + 150 +1166 +700 = 3056 mana/tick in comparison to 946 of Paragon+ModRod only as you've mentioned ) to boost mana regen from worn gear (645 Combat mana regen) and worn buffs (192 with my own Spiritual Erudition only).

That's 3893 combat mana regen per tick. And I typically spend 16340 to 20184 mana per mob: Akhevan Blood + Maelstrom + Feralgia , rarely a mob survives for a recast. That's max 2523 mana per tick, while mobs are pulled every 48 seconds.
    When a beastlord clicks hot-bar buttons in timely fashion the mana budget is positive. When a named comes then Blood is continuously recast and it gets depleted fast, but it's a rare fight, with plenty of time in between respawns to recuperate.
    With a magician the math is somewhat different, but my mage is on a mount most of the time, only indoors it has mana-deficit on quick pulls, in which case my bard may forgo Insults and switch to mana-regen.