Best Bard Heroic stats..

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zolav, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Zolav Augur

So the Bards in my guild all go herioc Dex, which is what I have done, but bard dps is such a joke wtf does it really matter, I was considering mixing hero dex, str and agi in my Augs to find a way to get the most heroic stamina. Since really the only thing a bard is good for on raids is ADPS so survivability should be a top concern. A dead bard isn't helping much of anything lol.
  2. fransisco Augur

heroic dex is the premier heroic stat in the game (casters get no equivalent).

It increases one's chance to parry and riposte, accuracy and something else (proc rate?)

It has been shown that hagi is better for melee defense only if you are a warrior tanking raid boss mobs. All other melee gain more defense from hdex than hagi.
    If your class doesn't have both parry/riposte, then hagi is of course better than hdex.

Now if you want to debate hsta vs hdex - there is no "answer".
  3. Brudal Augur

Melee critical hit rate from normal dex increase.
    fransisco likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

A bard I know switched all of his/her heroic augs from hSta to 20 in all heroics. The thought process was that-

1. Bard DPS is poor, so maximizing in hDex will not increase bard DPS by any minor or significant change

2. Bards utilize strength, stamina, agility, dexterity and intelligence all in some small capacity

I do not know if this is the right answer or not. My box bard gets currently whatever I loot, and so far I have alternated hSta and 20 heroic type 5 augments from running EOK missions. I am not necessarily looking to min/max the bard but it would be semi nice to know what is considered "best"...
  5. svann Augur

How do you know it improves parry/riposte? Im not seeing that in any mouseover info.
  6. Nniki Augur

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50674
  7. Skalde Elder

Orrrrrrrr...... you can learn to bard dps better and still beat terrible players :p, as far as survivability bards have almost the best survivability since we get hit by hardly any AE's, our only enemy is wild rampage pretty much since we have no defensive abilities except for shield of notes on a absurdly long reuse timer.