Best 65 group-named solo class?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by koook, Mar 26, 2017.

1. koook Elder

From what I understand Shamans were or are (on p99) the best at named soloing high end group named.. during Velious
    Though I heard their dots were nerfed recently.
    What class would I should I make if that's my goal (solo, non box)
    .. for 65 (planning for POP/LOY/LDON)''
    Ty
  2. vanvittig New Member

First of skillz are needed :)
    But a guide would be that all pet classes can solo rather good!
  3. Strawberry Augur

SK for soloing named.
  4. koook Elder

I believe you about necro or mage, how are beastlords? Though Necro pets are kind of weak without the focus items like the live servers.. for tanking. And mages do not have much cc form what i understand.
  5. koook Elder

Do they get something extra 61-65? I never saw sk mentioned while reading up on velious soloing.
  6. vanvittig New Member

never played a BST but i only hear good things... )
    a new TLP will have necro focus item from INNY?
    magi pet is still powerful even tho nerfs, and no, they have no snare nor root
    shammy are still strong to
  7. Razzle Augur

Earth pet roots. Luclin, PoP, LDoN names mobs summon, hard to solo summoning mobs.
  8. Strawberry Augur

They're really 2 separate questions with a different answer.

-Which class is best at soloing.
    -Which class is best at soloing named.

Mages, beastlords and necros are good at soloing, but they're not particularly good at soloing summoning named.

Decently geared SK are good at soloing named, but they're not particularly fast or fun to solo trash with.

This has to do with the fact that named put out more DPS and summon, you want a higher amount of mitigation for named. While for simply soloing trash mobs, you want a class that offers enough cheap DPS to sustain killing solo mobs.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Enchanter is the only class that can easily and efficiently solo named content in PoP from BoT through the Elemental Planes.

Command of Druzzil is the most powerful spell in the PoP group game. Being able to charm mobs up to 64 is extremely OP and allows Enchanters to destroy basically any camp outside of PoEarth/Air where everything except DC pets is flagged Charm immune.
    Suriinya likes this.
  10. Illusory Augur

As a Chanter, I think your statement is a bit overreaching.

With Command of Druzzil, you are essentially juggling cups of acid. If you mess up in any way, you are going to have a very tough situation on your hands. This is due to the unpredictability that is charm and with that you have a very high risk factor. Moreover, that risk is greatly increased/decreased based on skill, gear, and alternate advancement investment. I personally would drop 'Enchanter solo farming' very low on my list.

Command of Druzzil is very powerful, but its far from overpowered. It has punishing drawbacks which keep it in line. A geared Shadow Knight, Necromancer, or Monk would probably be your best bet.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Of course it's high risk. It's also high reward.

No other class can solo C2 Named mobs in Fire in era. I don't think any other class can solo BoT wing named, Tactics named like Diaku Overseer, Water named, etc.

SK/Necro/Monk in Time gear might be able to knock out BoT named and such but that isn't what the OP is asking. Enchanter is the best for this. With Word of Morell/LDoN PBAE stun, Arcane Rune + Uproar + Eldritch Rune, Enchanters with decent reflexes can save themselves from a bad Charm break or two. They can Pacify their way through most all content, can mez all group content basically with Bliss, 70% Slow, etc.

Really no argument can be made to suggest another class can get more done in the group game in this era solo.
    Suriinya likes this.
  12. Ultrazen Augur

The notion that enchanters are running around soloing everything, with no healer, is laughable. Yah it can be done, but you will die sooner rather than later, as you will inevitably get a break at the wrong time. It's incredibly high risk vs reward, and not a playstyle that is sustainable over a long period of time if you care about things like not constantly dying.

Shaman (still), and SK are the most consistent and safest bets. Shaman will take you a while, but you probably won't die if it's something you can land a slow on. Feign death has an entire basket of tricks you can utilize.

This is another one of those things that's much over-hyped. Someone did it a few times, made a video of it, and now everyone believes you can just run around without a care and solo this stuff.
  13. Illusory Augur

I think your lack of experience with what you're trying to argue is clouding your ability to see the true danger that is Command of Druzzil versus named in a solo situation. Yes, it can be done, but the risk vs reward just isn't there for a majority of us. I can solo all that you mentioned, but I rather not.... Death comes much easier than you think, even fully buffed and if I die i'm literally setback half an hour to 45 minutes.

A few things you need to know,
    - Planar NPCs can summon you.
    - Our PBAE Stuns can be interrupted through runes. (This is HUGE.)
    - With a full line up of runes, they can be fully absorbed by damage in a single round of attacks. (See above.)
    - Named in tier 3+ are very resistant to the horribly slow casting deed line
    - AR and ER do not stack. (ER is on a 10min reuse timer and its also a class-tier AA)
    - Mezz spells are often resisted upon cast, even with HoT applied.

Its clear that you're trying to express jealousy towards Command of Druzzil, but believe us... Its not nearly as great as you make it out to be in the solo game. There are a ton of prereqs needed to even slightly increase your chances of survival.

Now if you're paired with a heal, the above becomes trivial. However, that would be a duo and outside of scope of the thread.
  14. liveitup1216 Augur

Nerfed dots here are still stronger than dots/spells on p99. By a lot. Plus focus items.
  15. Semah Augur

It's hard to get straight answers to questions like this on the official forums. Everyone is afraid of the nerf bat. Just look at what happened to the SKs recently.
  16. Kahna Augur

BST's are very strong for soloing. Yeah, I can't solo PoP named beyond the entry level zones, but I think this thread has pretty much covered that no one really solos those on a regular basis. I can solo PoF trash, and anything below that in the planes. I can solo Luclin named, and did so at 60. Doesn't really matter if a mob summons, I tank better than my pet does. 65% slow, time gear and Chloroblast gets you pretty far, though these days I do most of my healing with just Celestial Healing X pots.
  17. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

everyone loves a ranger....they are useful! Why solo? Rangers are needed, someones gotta die to spawn the name. Youll find a group easy!
  18. Communist Puppy Augur

In full VT gear i was able to solo fire named within a week of pop launch as a shadowknight with discs. The idea that anybody can solo named as well as SK is laughable.

With time gear I only lose about 30% mana soloing group named and dont need to disc at all.
  19. Illusory Augur

and if you get into trouble you just cast FD and try again.
  20. bazrok Journeyman

Not to derail, but I've got to ask: how do SKs solo? I know they could FD split, but I recall tanks getting eaten up by unslowed named... do they have to be super geared and just lifetap a bunch?

Honest question. I always liked SKs, but one of my class requirement s is that they can solo when I have an hour to kill and not enough time for a full group.