best 6 different classes in classic to pop withous using charm.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Apr 28, 2022.

1. mark Augur

Since i have health issues i cant charm sometimes i have to afk quickly,so what do you guys suggest.
  2. Xhartor Augur

Cleric - Shaman - Mage - Mage - Mage - Mage
  3. Mattling Elder

SK + Monk + Mage + Bard + Shaman + Cleric

Cleric isn't necessary if you're raid geared, Druid would offer sufficient healing and ports but you'd lose rez.
  4. mark Augur

if i play a warrior has a main for raiding should i do warrior,cleric,druidand 3 mages or ?for grouping.
  5. I Love Lamp Elder

Warrior cleric/shaman bard 3 mages
  6. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

If it's entirely 6 different classes, I would go with;
    SK, Shaman, monk, Necro, mage and bard.

All of these classes are fairly easy to manage, and they each deal incredible dps while being left alone. You will also have 4 pets to help you in group settings.
  7. Xhartor Augur

You don't need the cleric and the druid if you are playing a warrior as you main. I would swap one out for a bard.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

no bard? Ameteur!

Mage, Ranger (bow does double damage vs unrooted, stationary mobs!), SK, Bard, Shaman, druid and beastlord.

I have umm "hand issues" from years of hockey and other abuse. I box like this, use keyboards / alt tab, no automation.

As a 6 player group, this setup has a host of buffs, a cleric merc in a slot can buff clericals, SK lich > clarity, but beast crack stacks, so does bard mana song. Likewise for haste. 4x DPS, almost every meaningful buff in game, ports, <exodus> good crowd control AoE capabilities and mage can summon pet toys for bst and shd. Call of the hero is HUGE when boxing and also when gearing up alts / friends / romans / countrymen.

The Ranger autofire, bard melody are both pretty set it and forget it. Having petsx3 is a win with Qattack and /assist petname socials. qattack, you can set pet to attack 15 mobs, but one at a time. If anything goes wrong, bards are masters of crowd control. Work on the tank to keep it better than a mage pet, but have the mage pet to get there. If you reach endgame territory, roll up an actual cleric, at top end you'll want promised heals / heals over time etc before pulls and a pocket 96 percent rez when you need it (I actually, once I'm established, will roll up a group of clerics and PL them until they have divine rez, then make them my traders.*

They finally removed the death tax of summoning stones in the guild lobby, The expense of rezzing 6x level 85+ characters used to be pretty steep for an undergeared player, so I did thee divine rez groups. not so necessary anymore for the 96/100 difference. It was about the cost per year total I did that.
  9. Sebaten New Member

I'd sub the druid out for a wizard.

You can still have snare, also if running mobs are a problem, then just switch to earth pets.

The benefit of the wizard is getting your group up to Hate. You're entire group will be able to go up there for gear farming. The druid gear drops in fear, and they can't port to hate/sky.

Potentially, subbing the druid out for a sham would be ideal also, so you get slow and haste.

Also, even if you don't want to charm with the enchanter, they can still mez, and provide clarity/haste. You can also charm if you're feeling up to it.

Maybe War, Clr, Mag, mag, ench, wiz.

Another option would be to drop the 2nd mage for a bard. Selos for running that group around would be nice, as well as the mana/regen song.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would you need a cleric to heal that group? The shaman should be able to do that with no issues.
  11. Nicorus Elder

bard in a group that is basically all caster dps isn't terribly useful. Bard spends a good amount of the classic-pop era with serious shortfalls in the mez department too. Enc without charm is better imo, you get mez, tash and a much more reliable slow and haste especially if you run without a shm.

You could also look to keep the mage heavy makeup until luclin and then switch out for more melee, that tends to be what a lot of 6 boxers do since mage dps stagnates while melee explodes.
  12. sadre Augur

I play a chanter from inside an iron lung. It's doable.
  13. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Three mages = a never ending epic chase.
  14. Xeris Augur

you can't charm but you can 6box?
  15. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Are you Martha? Or Paul?
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Also claims to not cheat, not sure I'm buying into that claim any more.

If you can 6 box yet not charm you're using 3rd party & only really playing one character imho.
  17. mark Augur

i use isoboxer if i can box on one pc if i cant i use 6 pc with hot keys i use gina and discord. i have never used macaroni quest and i dont farm kronos or eanyother programs against the eula.
    when i need to afk i burn the mob down or evac.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

None of which preclude charm use, if anything you should be finding charm easy to do because you have all the necessary resources at your fingertips.

I've boxed & I found charm use is very effective in certain eras & terrible in others, personally I find mutiple PC's works far better for charm than alt-tabbing.
  19. mark Augur

skuz and mark 2 different people who will never agree.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or they just don't like the risks that come with charm and it breaking.