best 4 box dps group to live ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by reddragon, Aug 5, 2021.

1. reddragon New Member

warrior,shaman and 2 monks ?
  2. FranktheBank Augur

It's not a great question. The classes vary wildly in eras. Cleric is a preferred healer pre Omens, after Omens you can do shaman healer.

You will want a bard, especially Luclin+

So you would want to be somewhat flexible.
  3. Numiko Augur

I would go SK or Paladin for tank, Shaman or Druid for heals and casters for 3rd and 4th spot, if you just want more DPS go Wizard or Necro, superior CC put an Enchanter in there and Mage is an all around good DPS character with a backup pet for off tanking.

you have to consider some comforts provided by each class when deciding, you want ports? Call of the Hero? Evacs for those Whoops! pulls? Reresection for when the evacs fail? All things to consider when setting up a box group.

Bards are also very nice, but if your just going to let it sit and /melody all day it is not as effective as another DPS caster. The more active you play them the better they get in your group.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

My 4 box in the past was War/Shm/Brd/Ber with the Ber as my main.

Only 3 boxing at the moment as my War is stuck on a TLP for now.

If I ever get crazy enough to try a 5 box I would probably add a Mnk as they are superior pullers and their synergy adds a lot to a Ber and I do not plan on going the 3x Ber route which would necessitate a 6 box setup and managing 4 is close to my skill limit, though a 5th might be doable for me a 6th is a nope.

As for TLP I would say the most easy to manage would be War/Clr/Enc/Mage or War/Shm/Brd/Mnk

If you plan on sticking around long past PoP you should think about Shd/Shm/Brd/Mnk
  5. theonepercent Augur

Warrior in a box group seems really bad to me over an SK or even Paladin, especially if it isn't going to be raid geared.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Warrior without raid gear beats shd or pal without raid geared imho and it is simpler to box with for a lesser skilled boxer.

When you add in raid gear Warrior simply becomes overkill for a group and a Knight is a far better option for the flexibility they have.

Just my 2cp having boxed both warriors & knights withour raid gears.
  7. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Warrior you really want raid gear for, and it won't shine until 70+ for dps. The epic 2.0 click is also super crappy compared to SK epic. sk+shm+brd+mnk/berserker would be my lineup.
  8. Tritonia Journeyman

I would base your core around SK/SHM/BRD. I don't think there is a 3 box that comes close in power. Even just swapping the tank for WAR/SHM/BRD is a freefall of a step down on anything except single boss fights. As far as your 4th obviously you want dps. Monk or Rogue would be the easiest to box and provides nice sustained dps. If you wanted to maximize utility, Mage is an option though more of a pain to box and will be lower dps output especially before like 75ish. Ranger is an option if you want WS utility. You'd gain attack buffs on the SK and BRD to offset some of the personal dps loss a ranger has compared to MNK or ROG. I don't think it would be the best option but it is an option. SK/SHM/BRD/MNK is my final answer but wiggle room on that 4th slot as mentioned.

Edit: Warrior dps does get to where it eclipses SK solo dps but the SK attack tap in the absence of beastlord fero is WAY WAY WAY more significant than you might think. The accuracy from SK 2.0 click is also very underrated as far as dps goes. I believe your overall dps would go down using a warrior even in the eras where they eclipse SK personal dps.
  9. Machen New Member

If this is your group, and you don't fill the other two slots, it's going to be not great dps. Bards are wonderful but they really need 3-4 melee in group to make up for the dps, especially earlier on before bellow gets absurd. I never ever run a group without a bard, but if I only had four toons, I would.
  10. Machen New Member

I'd swap one of the monks for a zerker for better synergy.
  11. wildone Elder

so at the moment i have 4pc and 5 active accounts so i only play 4 of them at the time and when the other half isent on her pc i play the 5th,so i run sk,cleric,enchanter and mage and on the 5th the druid when i can if i need ports il block the port for the druid if i dont have the 5th pc they are all vl 60 now,come pop should i drop the druid and other classes and change some of my classes ?
  12. Machen New Member

I'll add that I'd absolutely swap to bard as one of my 4 come sod and mercs, when you can round out your group and they get the bard songs.
    Accipiter likes this.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Warrior is fine over knight, group gear or raid gear.

Pre Omens - War / Brd / Clr
    Post Omens - Tank / Brd / Shm

Monk is a great dps slot, it will beat zerker until like... TBM lol
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Pets, too.