Best 2hander for raiding warrior

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by p2aa, Apr 2, 2020.

1. p2aa Augur

I have read that for zerkers, 2hand piercing is better than 2hand blunt, if you don't benefit of ADPS support in raids and / or don't benefit of ADPS support in your usual group to tackle group content.
    As a warrior, I don't have access to ADPS support in raid, nor in group usually.
    But it happens that I can tank some of group content with a 2hander.
    2hand blunt having the highest base dmg and dmg bonus therefore I assume the riposte DPS coming from tanking would be higher with the 2hand blunt ? Am I assuming wrong ?

So the question is what would be the weapon type you would recommend in this case ? 2hand piercing or 2hand blunt ?
  2. Derka Power Ranger

I am not a raider but to maximize riposte and rampage, I bet the higher damage 2hb would be the best option.
  3. Repthor Augur

If your raid mobs have a good uptime of pinpoint whatever version its called now from rogs 2hp will gain most dps but you will take a slight loss when not enough rogs are around or when grouping. For raid mobs dont worrie about ripos unless your useing furious as raid mob in current era have to high defense stats for ripos to trigger enoigh to matter. In group cobtent ripos are still valuble however.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Anecdotal no proper parses just self spot checks with the parser (and I don't have all of the ToV 2h yet so going by TBL).

I found that for me the 2hb did the most dps tanking in a group.
    2hp did the most dps when dpsing in a raid mostly attacking from the rear.
    You could optimize this some by bandoliering in the 2hb for rampage and other special attacks.