Best 110 Necro 13-slot Spell Lineup, as of 11/2019

Discussion in 'Casters' started by axxa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. axxa New Member

The title says it all. I usually box, but a recent group pretty much told me I wasn't using the right spells for level 110.

Just for the heck of it, I wonder if another Necro could please tell me what they are using?
  2. Eatbug New Member

Starting with RSOD, then cast order is 1,2,3,4,1. Pull is usually dead by second cast of Refute for Blood. 2 box most times.
    [IMG]
  3. Szilent Augur

in group play? that Refute doesn't boost Swifts, Sphere, or Army. It shouldn't have such priority. Hoshkar's Swift is plain worse than Mourgis' Swift combo. Ilsaria's Swift combo beats Flashblaze, in part thanks to Scent of Thule AA debuff, but also thanks to double procs from Flesh & Relife & augs & potions. Pyre of Jorobb plain worse than Pyre of the Shadewarden. Pyre of the Fereth is low damage, a substantially worse pick than either Pyre of Jorobb (presuming it's been cut for Shadewarden) or Ignite Memories for dps and total damage. Consume Essence, Shackle, Imbue Ally, and Ashen Skin all pretty shady, low use spells. Try out:

Remote Sphere
    Mourgis' Swift Decay
    Ilsaria's Swift Decay
    Call Skele Army
    Adalora's Swift Lifedraw
    Refute for Blood

Flesh to Poison (cast between battles after clicking Mortifier's Unity AA for Flesh to Venom)
    Bestow Relife (again, cast before battle begins, not in battle. if there's no "between battles", congrats your Spheres & Armies are working overtime!)

Dissident Paroxysm
    Pyre of the Shadewarden
    Pyre of Jorobb
    Ignite Memories
    Polybiad Venom
    ---Xislaben--- and menown like this.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

If your 2boxing and mobs are dying by the second time you cast refute for blood, (Szilent's post is spot on) I'm curious as to where you are 2boxing. It's obviously somewhere where the mob hp is very low, or your other character is doing a lot more damage than your necro is.

Where you choose to 2box is a completely different topic, but I would bet good money that you would be better served moving on to another location.
  5. Siddar Augur

Depends on what are doing. If its grouping then you want to focus on highest dps spells. If its raiding you want to focus on high dps along with damage per cast, almost completely different spell sets. If you want to solo using snare are root then it different again. With focus being most damage per cast. If you want to solo/molo summing mobs again you will change most of your spell set. If you are mass killing greens and lite blues you guessed it an entirely new spell set.
  6. Elvenphox Lorekeeper

What about caster heavy groups? The Refute blessing applies to dots and DD's of all group members.
  7. Szilent Augur

It's not a bad spell to cast, and the Synergy does function. I certainly choose to nuke with it ahead of Burn Bones, for instance, as a rule. It's just not better than the other spells to be high priority. Necromancer Synergy is not on the same level as Enc, Mag synergies that should be aggressively chased.
    menown likes this.
  8. dubblestack Elder

Has below changed since dot changed a little with last patch? I usually just follow your advise szilent on all the advice you give in posts, and i haven't been led astray yet.

Remote Sphere
    Mourgis' Swift Decay
    Ilsaria's Swift Decay
    Call Skele Army
    Adalora's Swift Lifedraw
    Refute for Blood
    Dissident Paroxysm
    Pyre of the Shadewarden
    Pyre of Jorobb
    Ignite Memories
    Polybiad Venom
    Flesh to poison

I have a necro i just pled to 110 just cause I've never really tried the class, looked pretty cool, still doesn't have many AA, just messing around with him.
  9. menown Augur

Short answer, yes. And it will change again when the focus tab AAs in ToV are released.

Pyre is now a better option than swifts. Swarm should be #1 if you have a mage with theft of essence going. Aura is a bit lower than Pyre, unless you have multiples. The new ToV BP will now focus your top ToV AND RoS Pyres and disease swifts. I am still playing around with rotations, but group makeup and how many are in camp will also determine best rotation.
    Zildjiin and Szilent like this.
  10. Time zone Journeyman

Bbn guy
    I am a returning player and I'm having a hot key block with swarmed pets

What I got is

Line 1 /alt act ## /pause 6, /alt act ## (wake the dead) then (army of the dead)

Line2 /alt act ##, /pause 8, /cast ## (red skellies) then cast swarm pet <the spell>

My question. Is there any more swarm pets to add to this or AA
  11. Szilent Augur

1) bad formatting. can't put multiple abilities on one line
    2) won't work. if you attempt to activate multiple pet summonings before each is done summoning, all but one will fail
    3) is dumb. you're attempting to bundle abilities that have many minutes of cool down timer and are able to be clicked between spell casts to a spell that should be cast every 18 seconds if you're in a scenario where it's good

There's nothing intrinsically super about making swarm pets. The spell is good because the spell does good damage. If where & how you're playing makes that spell a good idea, then cast the spell. That's all.
  12. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Little late for this post but I solo 99% of the time and try to kill mobs that give me 5 AA per kill (at LVL 100 anyway). These tend to be mobs in EOK xpac that have a crapload of hps. So for me my dot lineup is root/rot and I use the longest duration dots in my book between 95-100...1 or 2 dots may be from the sub 95 range I guess.

Spell focus & metric tons of AAs help alot...snare/root & debuff AAs are just so gold it's not funny.