Besides Necro, top choice to solo with silver mercs??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Berkwin, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Berkwin Elder

I only want 1 character 1 account and something other than a necro to solo with. druid? shaman? I have all expansions aside the latest one coming in Dec. I played mages to death too. I am currently toying with a druid or shaman, does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
  2. Riou EQResource

Beastlord wasn't too bad unless you hate Pet users

Their pets can help tank, they have heals and slows at least while leveling and that
    moogs likes this.
  3. Berkwin Elder

sounds interesting thanks for the info! not sure how well the play since 2005 LOL I maned one in a raiding guild but left, have been back on and off since 05 but not sure what to really play right now lol
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

By silver mercs, you mean apprentices? So, assuming F2P? If that's so, then I'll make recommendations. If you meant something else, please ignore.

I've mained a druid since 2000. They're great fun, but I wouldn't recommend to someone looking to molo F2P. Once you get to higher levels, there's just too much content that's not accessible, or at least not efficiently or with a sense of enjoyment. There's a lot you can't tank (you're not supposed to be a tank), and keeping a tank merc up with even level mobs is a lot of work (or not possible). Obviously, for mobs which don't summon and can be snared, druids are among the best classes to play, but then, you're limiting where you can hunt.

Have you considered an SK? You can tank, and self-heal, you have a pet, and you can swap the mercs between DPS and healer, depending on what you're doing. If I was starting over, that's likely the class I'd pick.
    moogs likes this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

would prob think bst, mage or sk.

Andarriel
  6. Zamiam Augur

mage , Nec, bst or SK
    Mage = good pet tank , pet heals can molo most of group content .. certain missions/tasks would require a real group or boxing more than 1 toon

Nec = decent pet ( tank or rogue variety) good puller , snare, dots , decent dps over a period of time

Bst = good pet tank , pet heals , decent dps can molo most group content .. certain missions/tasks would require a real group or box team ..

SK = great tank , good puller, snare, extra pet for like a continuous dot.. self heals Dps not the best kills will be slow ..

dont take what ive said seriously .. i do not know what im talking about ..
  7. Berkwin Elder

Thanks for all the great suggestions, SK sounds like a good choice. hmm lots too think about I appreciate all the suggestions Thanks!!
  8. Numiko Augur

I would say Mage then Necro then Beastlord, because there is no difference with the pets. Silver or Gold get the same ones. Mage is no.1 because its pets can tank the best, I would put BL third because he would need better gear for the BL then the mage or necro to be effective.

With the casters you can purchase the item that allows you to use Rank II spells on the marketplace, a set of Defiant and you are good to go.

Another tip to use if you want to stay silver, level it up to 100 with the 1000 aa's you get and then buy a krono or sub for one month. Hit autogrant and you will get thousands of AA's .. exp like mad for the month to collect more and then let account lapse back to silver. You get to keep all those AA's and will have a much more effective character to use over one that stays strictly silver.
    Nostradamus likes this.
  9. Numiko Augur

Only problem with the SK is you cannot use any prestige gear which will restrict your choices greatly and SK's need good gear to be effective.
    Nostradamus and moogs like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Didn't pay attention at lower levels, but at current levels (106+) the RoS Conflagrant gear is all non-Prestige. It's pretty good gear.

When I came back recently F2P (first time in a long time), I saw that most (12/21) of my type 7 augs are Prestige. I'm just ignoring that for now. However, I'm not a tank, so AC isn't a big deal, and I know tanks get a lot of AC from their augs. My type 5s were mostly good (5 were Prestige, the EoK ones which drop, the others are all TBM bought with RoTs).
    Nostradamus likes this.
  11. Nostradamus New Member