Beserker/druid box acceptable?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zinger, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Zinger New Member

Is this a viable combo as I progress? Or is this a poor choice i like melee dps and heals/buffs on the off account (i have laptop beside pc) im on FV
  2. Hairyharlo New Member

I ran this combo a long time ago. I believe it was just before/around when mercs came out. It worked ok until then (level 80ish). Splitting with a druid using the normal tools where available and the Berserker "tanking" or charmed animal taking hits. I would guess with an All-Access tank and a DPS merc on the other account you could go pretty far. You could add a third free box for a bard just to melody follow and split hard camps and have another merc to bring out as needed.
  3. Imvi New Member

Zerker / Shaman 100% better imo
    minimind likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Tank, heal, DPS, support. You would have almost 0 support. Your pulling would be handicapped and 0 ability to slow or CC. You have almost no synergy or etc.

Yes, it could work, any duo would, but you would be very handicapped compared to a more compatible duo.

FV is not a premium server however. Add a FTP box, like a bard or a SHM or ENC that can slow and pull/CC and you'd be solid. Since you want to melee, sub the ZER and use a tank merc on the ZER. Then alternate the second Sub between the Dru/support to level AA. Use your DBC on those accounts to buy a second merc slot so you can easily toggle on the 2nd/3rd account b/t clr and rog depending on which you need (J5 DPS for XP and J5 cleric for named).
    code-zero and Zinger like this.
  5. Zinger New Member

Why is shaman so much better then druid?
  6. EternalNewb Journeyman

I am not 100% sure, but shamans get a LOT of amazing melee buffs and slows. Druids get some hp/ds buffs but when things hit in the thousands and your ds does ~200 damage a hit then the ds is useless.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Buffs both long-term & short term for melee-centred stats, atk boost, slow, Epic 2.0, Lion's Roar etc make shaman more beneficial to melee classes.

Druids work better with Casters since casters will typically avoid fighting in melee and either kite or root/rot or be using pets for which they have heals of their own.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

dru/ber is a poor duo. I can't think of a worse healer / melee combination.

In addition to the melee ADPS that shamans can provide a berserker, druid's healing has stagnated in the last few years while the shaman's has grown considerably. A shaman's superior healing would be essential when using a berserker for tanking.

There's quite a few amazing melee/caster combinations, especially if you're willing to drop the berserker in favor of another class that can tank better, like a shadowknight.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Synergy and Utility/Support. Considering ZER with DRU or SHM...

Dru has no slow, SHM has the best slow.
    Dru can heal better but SHM can heal plenty adequate.
    Dru burn AA boosts casters, nothing a ZER can use.
    SHM has proc buffs, burns and other abilities that boost melee, which is the only thing ZER does.
    SHM can buff haste and other melee related buffs, Dru buff is HP+mana regen, less useful for Zer.
    Dru can port which is important since your ZER is completely outside buff dependent.
    SHM vs DRU dps is not significantly different if using a cleric merc.
    SHM can't snare, DRU can, but I think ZER has a snare ability, so that would be covered. Both can root.
    Dru can paci, but only in outdoor zones, so a chunk of time you have no puller either way, as least SHM can slow.

But remember, a FTP SHM buffs and slows just as well as a paid one. That's why I suggested, if you want to box a druid, consider a FTP SHM. However if not doing the FTP, the ZER/SHM will significantly out perform ZER/DRU. Ports are nice though.
  10. Zinger New Member

Thank you! this is the information i was after, ill be re-rolling that character tonight
  11. Godsanvil Journeyman

I do Druid until 60 then switch to shaman. Slow and haste are important later and that damage shield becomes not as great later. You will miss the AE snare on the druid a lot and up until about 60 the Damage shields are great for pulling a bunch of mobs. Oh and ports. Thi is the only reason i have a third account just for a druid.