Berzerker love

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

2. Lheo Augur

Expect a BOOST later when this nerf hit the server and makes all Zerker sad Pandas...

Live: Disconcerting:

Increase your chance to critically hit with two-handed melee skills and frenzy by 221% and adds 53% damage bonus to all of your melee attacks for 0:03:00. (reuse 0:03:00.)

Test: Disconcerting:

Increase your chance to critically hit with two-handed melee skills and frenzy by 55% and adds 12% damage bonus to all of your melee attacks for 0:01:36. (reuse 0:03:00.)

75% nerf of the disc ...
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

The REAL question is when will Iksars be allowed to choose Zerker as a profession? They are a logical race for this!
  4. fransisco Augur

So this nerf was totally needed a long time ago.
    If wizards and rogues can't compete with and sometimes beat zerkers, the class is OP

This would be awesome
  5. Lyrical Augur

Went from awesome disc to no reason to push the button in one quick swoop.
  6. Gumlakx Augur

But at least there is a use for Frenzied Resolve now.
  7. SonOfABiscuit Augur

lol @ all you zerker clowns.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I always thought Iksars were too "coldblooded" to be zerkers. ;)
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Regnon Journeyman

zerkers do INSANE damage, im sorry your dps cow got hit??
  10. Nightmares Augur

Iksar Zerker.... You know the online results had them win it by a very large margin. but the internal hidden polls ( which they said they wouldn't do) was different. Also, didn't it seem a little weird that they posted results and had the winner ready to go immediately vs needing time to do all the changes in the system? Hrm
    Yeah I'm a little sore still they didn't win. but hey.... you don't see Woody Bst everywhere either, so it's a moot point right? lol

But in all seriousness. I would love to see this happen.
  11. Tvarian Augur

You should be sorry our dps cow is now being grilled on the bbq... since we are a group class, your group will suffer. Not like we're out there soloing everything.

Iksies as zerkers? I just can't see it; doesn't seem natural to me. Halfling zerkers would be funny though... give them a 20% damage racial nerf for having a temper tantrum (says the dorf zerker btw).
  12. Fistopower New Member

Frenzied Resolve needs to be moved back to an Ability and not a Discipline, like it was before disconcerting, since disconcerting is useless now. 50% would have been more in line. The logical answer would have been to scale it down in game, instead of a complete nerf in test. 6 years of stagnation for the class and its overpowered for a couple of months. Does Daybreak even consider why there are so few people that play the class? No utility, just pure dps and yet they bring the class down again.
    Splittin likes this.
  13. Nightmares Augur

at character creation they even state Iksar are the Savage race that inhabit Kunark.... Berserkers in history tend to be from tribal societies.... it'd fit. lol Also Iksar are a Larger race, and all other large races have zerkers. Though I can see it from your side, I mean iksar do get Necro and monk. which are specially trained classes of a little more civilized, though on the other other hand... Iksar does have Shaman.... lol. it could go back and forth
  14. Cleaver Augur

All this nerf does is take away easy mode. Good zerkers will still be at the top. bad ones just wont be able to hide behind disconcerting anymore.
    Sagarmatha and Warpeace like this.
  15. Tvarian Augur

I've always seen Iksars as more calculated than a plain savage race. Barbarians & dwarves are classic crazy zerkers races. Trolls more of the "too stupid to keep control" type of a zerker. Iksars seem too smart to be a zerker, like a hidden intelligence. just my own thoughts.
    Jumbur likes this.
  16. Bamboompow Augur

Have to wonder how many Zerker alts just got a bunch less cool. Any guesses on what the next flavor of the month will be? Thinking maybe.....MONKS. Make your monk alt now! They have been given the shaft for so long that now they have to be made OP..... just because. Or maybe Bards? Pallies? What class has not had their time in the sun at this point?
  17. Cleaver Augur

zerker alts are still cool unless they take the nerf bat to dicho.
  18. Xulore Lorekeeper

Wrong. Wizards don't use a hit box to do dps, they get ports, ect ect
    Rogs - Zerkers cant AE mez, succor, sos2, illusion, pick locks, set traps, evade every 2 mins. Full Burn every 10 mins
    Zerkers have to blind, and make them selfs receptive to damage, and damage themselfs, to do dps.
    If class balancing is to be considered fair, the zerker has to remain in the lead,
    There is less utility , should be something to compensate (if all is fair), in the zerkers case its dps.

This is why the zerker should allways be the class one would seek if he were trying to produce max dps with little concern for anything else.

If you want to port and dps, not have to chase a hit box, be a wizard.

If u want a mele with utility, play a rog.

If you want a mele with mitigation and Fd/mend, play a monk.

If you want a mele strictly for dps, play a zerker
  19. Maedhros High King

This was a pretty heavy nerf.
    Makes one wonder how the hell the disc got produced in the first place if they decided to nerf it by 75% now.
    There is no logical argument to support a disc as clearly OP as Disconcerting was, however it is now been snuffed down to be a laugher.
    The original pitched idea for Disconcerting was to add to the berserkers sustained dps. Why then was the duration of the disc cut in half ALONG with the power?
    I dont have the numbers in front of me, but I remember standing around with no discs burning and just hitting my spam keys on my berz for a long time before discs refreshed previously before Disconcerting was introduced.
    So with the unusual change to Frenzied Resolve and the neutering of Disconcerting, the "no discs available" time is reduced by what, 2 minutes? Not exactly a big addition to a berserkers sustained dps.
  20. kizant Augur

To be fair, wizards have to blind, damage, stun, and root themselves for good dps. Plus the advantage of being able to dps from range is offset by long cast times that prevent moving to avoid game mechanics while also making any stuns or interruptions more costly. Then you have our AEs, which are pretty important to dps, that require us to be in melee range and have their own weird hit box issues. They're actually pretty annoying and terrible to use.

Really, it's kinda hard to imagine a more complex, difficult, and yet, less rewarding class to play than wizard. But all the hard work is worth it cause wizards are just so. :cool: