Berserker's Vehement Rage -- Useless?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Ataraxy, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Ataraxy New Member

SoD just unlocked on Aradune so I've been playing around with new AA's on Test server.

We get one on a 10 min CD called Vehement Rage:

This ability, when activated, increases your base melee damage by 15% and raises the minimum base damage of your melee hits to be 30 but reduces the effectiveness of incoming instant-duration healing spells by 25% for 36 seconds.

At first glance it seemed like a decent addition to a burn but after testing it seems completely useless.

It doesn't stack with Reckless Abandon (+66% Damage on 30 Min CD) or with Battle Leap (Permanent +35% Base Damage). The only other benefit is the +30 damage to our minimum hit. Our melee hits during a burn are already ~15k, so I find it extremely difficult to justify the reduced healing for that +30 minimum.

Am I missing something?
  2. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Useless? Pretty much. It adds a meager amount of DPS so it's not completely useless but dont expect much of a noticeable difference. Your assessment is spot on.

The impact to healing isnt noticeable unless you are trying to tank.

On the plus side, its impact to DPS gets to be a less and less a reason to ever click it the closer you get to current content when your average non-disc melee hits for over 100k.

Use it or dont, no one will notice.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's a "pop if you got nothing else left" disc.
    It has devalued badly over time to the point it was pretty much useless by RoF already.