Berserker Rotation

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Nothingelsesk, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Nothingelsesk New Member

Hello EQ!

I'm a returning Berserker. I've been gone since House of Thule expansion. I recently was leveled to 106 however I'm completely lost. Could someone please list the correct rotation, or verify what I'm doing?

Shared Cruelty --> Mangling Frenzy --> Demolishing Volley --> Axe of Numicia ---> Repeat

Are there any other skills I should be using in a group setting? Is there another resource I can be using to look at rotations and burn macros / on-CD abilities?

Appreciate the help.
  2. Daedly Augur

Remove axe of numicia and replace with aeons
    Add in dicho, sapping strikes, vigorous axe throw, banestrike, smoldering rage. I added in disconcerting disc as well, some may not.
    I have all these abilities plus a few that you mentioned all bound to my numberpad 0 key and just spam it through most every fight.
  3. Nothingelsesk New Member

Ahh okay, thanks! So for clarification, you made one macro that contains all these abilities?
  4. Daedly Augur

No, I put them all on hotbar 1, then I went to options, keys, pulled up hotbar 1, then assigned hotbar 1 slots 1-12 to be triggered by numberpad 0.

It takes am a little while to figure how to order then to get them to fire, but it works.

Also, since I box, I actually added my epic to it as well. I found that I had a tendency to not use it.

Soon, I am gonna try adding a second hotbar that will also be bound to numpad0 to try and fit in some more disciplines.
  5. Daedly Augur

If you do make one, I suggest trying it out on a combat dummy, they don't always work the way you would expect them to for some reason.
  6. polarmike New Member

Ok I am not sure got to set a macro to do multiple combat abilities, is there a guied i can read to figure it out?
  7. Daedly Augur

I dont fully understand your question. I am gonna try to answer what i think youre asking though.

Lets say i wanted to create a macro to do shared ruthlessness, mangling frenzy, axe of aeons, mangling volley, mangling axe throw, in that order. A macro gives you 5 lines. You may or may not need pauses, that is something you will have to test and adjust. You should never need pauses on the last line though.

/pause 1, /disc shared ruthlessness rk. II
    /pause 1, /disc mangling frenzy rk. II
    /pause 1, /disc axe of aeons rk. II
    /pause 1, /disc mangling volley rk. II
    /disc mangling axe throw rk. II

If you post what abilities you are trying to use, can try and make a macro for you to use.
  8. Moldar Augur

It is very simple.

1) You're going to open your Options menu in game (ALT+O).

2) At the top there are tabs, one is going to say "keys" go ahead and click on this tab

3) Once that tab is the primary page you should see a small drop-down menu/list. One of the Options is going to be hotbars 1-11, you can use any one of them it doesn't really matter, however any changes you make for any 1 character are going to be the same for all characters on that specific PC.

Hence any guides you may find/read are going to recommend that you use something like hotbar 9/10/11 since those are not primarily the hotbars that come up with any brand new character.

4) Once you have identified which hotbar you want to assign all of your skills, it is going to bring you to show you a page with 3 columns. The first column (apologies not in the game to give the correct names) lists the names, which should be something like, "Hot button 1-12", and "Hotbar swap 1-11." you want to only assign the lines where it says "Hot button #," the other lines are going to give you a world of headaches.

5) In the middle or far right column (it doesn't matter which), there are lines that look like "-----" simply right click with the mouse on either middle/right column and assign it to a key, Npad 0 for example.

Note: if you do it the first time and the keys you pressed shows up RED that means that keys is in use by something else, if it shows up white you're in the clear.

Now simply keep assigning Hot Button 1 - 12 to Npad 0 (it will show red again, but that is okay), and anything you place on that hotbar will try to fire all of the skills, multiple presses of the same key will make sure everything fires off eventually.
  9. Tanols Augur

Socials/Macro's are just simply a bad idea for any critical functions when playing a tank or melee. Especially if they require pauses. Anything that has a "cast time" and "cool down" require longer pauses and have a greater chance of not firing. Any movement of character in game, small amount of push from mob, server lag, etc and lines of social wont fire. Also if a social is running it can be an issue ending it to perform another task.
    They can however make boxing more efficient and easy ... tab > hit social > rinse repeat and all boxed characters are performing multiple things with minimum key presses.
    If you so choose you can place socials into a key bound hot bar location that is the same on multiple characters to further simplify the process.
    Key binding as described above is a far more reliable method of making sure fires off and you can verify it by seeing button in hot bar "greyed" out. With some experimentation you can make sure everything fires in order you want it to fire.