Berserker gearing priority

Discussion in 'Melee' started by kenshon, May 12, 2019.

1. kenshon Journeyman

What's the order of priority in gearing a new berserker at 110?

2h weapon
    HP/AC
    Augs (what kind?)
    Clickies
    Epic
    Rk 2/3 discs

I imagine I maximize dps first and then survivability of I get aggro
  2. roth Augur

AC and HP will come with higher tier gear. That said ...

AC/HP/HDex augs, with the focus on the HDex. And the HDex focused slot 5’s from TBL.

Obviously weapon plays a huge role. Personally, I go for the faster weapon (gets more out of the slot 4, 8 and slot 5 damage augs - yes there is a slot 5 from LDoN) but a slower, lower ratio weapon would serve better if you plan on tanking.

I’m sure others will have a far better selection of clickies. But, as a starter, that AC/DS clicky from Tempest Temple, the Fabled Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring (only need to click this once), a shrink clicky, various potions (invis, ivu, haste, etc.) may be useful ... some progression based familiars/mounts/clickies as well.
    eepok and Behelit like this.
  3. Behelit Augur

roth nailed most of it, I'd just add the Vamp Aura click from DH heroic adventure nameds.
  4. Tuco Augur

I recently leveled/geared up two new berserkers. I found that if you're trying to be a net contributor in TBL, the priority is getting your HP and defensive skills up to survive AEs, then work on damage.

Your path varies wildly based on whether you have an existing character or friends that can gear you up.If you do have that, the below is what I did:

1. Get TBM vendor gear from remnants of tranquility as a base starter set. If you want to drop some $$$, get conflagrant gear instead.

2. Take advantage of the anniversary events to get a few specific items like the horn of unity, extruded / shimmering black pearl, a few other augs, drunken wandering port, shrink ring etc. I think today is the last day this is available so if you missed it, you'll have to wait nearly a year. Pretty soon HH Seb will come out with a few more augs.

3. Scoop easy top-tier gear in GMM. You'll get non-visibles and weapons this way. GMM also gives massive XP so you'll be able to get some AAs.

4. Fill out visible gear in TBL. Doing missions (especially the three plane of fire ones) is the easiest way.

5. Work on augs as you want to. The ones I "Shortlisted" as being good to pick up are:
    Extruded Black Pearl
    Secret Dawn Gem of Security
    Coronach of Sand
    Dour Blue
    Conflagrant Gem of Security
    Darkened Trakanon's Scale
    Conflagrant Gem of Vigor
    Empyrean Cinder of the Agile
    Darkened Trakanon's Heart
    Emblem of the Combine
    Conflagrant Gem of Adroitness
    Darkened Trakanon's Eye
    Blue Sky
    Stone of the Landing
    Stone of Dragon Tolls

It's not advisable to farm these as uhh, your primary task. I find it quite useful to do stuff around the house and clear the PH every 10-20 minutes or so, but that's easy for me to do.

6. Do the EoK missions for the type 5 aug, RoS missions for the familiar and TBL missions for the illusion.

7. Work on your epic.

8. For clickies, the top ones are: Rage of Rolfron,Selrach's Warmonger Coat (or similar for the DPS chest clicky), Blooddrinker's Coating

9. While farming for the blooddrinker's coating you'll get marks of valor you can exchange for some nice start augs.

If you don't have any support behind you, your path is much more varied. I recommend finding friends to play regularly with and/or leveling an SK box to help you on your quest. You'll make more friends by offering to help them with their gear goals instead of looking for help with yours!
  5. Tuco Augur

Oh and when I get a new box to level 110 I drink some beer and rate all the AAs I need to get from 1 to 10 where 1 is "must have, get this first", 10 is "this does nothing for me" and everything else falls between that. I then sort all the AAs by that value and use that list when assigning AAs. There are so many AAs that it can take a long time deciding what to purchase everytime you need to buy an AA. I don't feel all that strongly about this list and tried to decide a ranking as quickly as possible to move on, but it's probably a suitable list.

My general order is:
    Getting the first rank of abilities > getting things important to survival > passive DPS abilities > active DPS improvements > less important survival tiers > everything else

Blood Absorption 1
    Juggernaut's Resolve 1 (5 after getting the first rank).
    General Sturdiness 1
    Natural Durability 1
    Combat Fury 1
    Battle Leap 2
    Veteran's Wrath 2
    Burst of Power 2
    Blood Sustenance 2
    Intimidation 2
    Everburn 2
    Uncontained Frenzy 2
    Rageheart's Wrath 2
    Juggernaut's Weapon Mastery 2