Berserker funner then Monk?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Jun 27, 2019.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

I have raised my monk to 60, and hes really boring on raids. Couple buttons, or none if autoskilling, it really gets old. My question is, are berserkers more involved, making them more entertaining to me? I am looking at skills, and it seems like they are basically the same class, but I am getting claims that they have an actual rotation that when played right can do alot more dps? Must be AAs or discs, because im not seeing where any type of rotation comes in.

If they are more involved, or have an actual type of rotation more so then monks, at what level is this true? I dont want to start one, and basically be playing a monk for 85 levels.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Play a necro. They have constant dots and debuffs buttons to push, all the way to live.
  3. taliefer Augur

from what ive seen and heard, berserkers have basically the opposite problem once they start getting AAs. a plethora of abilities, but that have all kinds of weird stacking combinations. they require alot of work and micro managing to achive the same level of monk dps on TLPs.

at some point they do surpass monks, but i think its well into the eq expansions. like level 75+ maybe
  4. Aziuno Augur

If you are bored on a monk, you should look into pulling on raids if you are not already. That should add some variety.

As far as Zerker goes, I have only seen second hand.... They are bad DPS until OOW and their 2.0. at that point they fly next to the sun, doing decent DPS but have no realistic way to drop threat. As far as abilities, most are auto fire and you have a few disc/AA.

The root cause of your issue is you are lvl 60. Classic > PoP is AFK auto attack. Once you get into DoDH and further, classes start to get alot more complex, which is what it sounds like you want.

To combat the boring nature of the early Era's people 2-3 box on raids.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

As of HoT (Phinigel), Monks are still the strongest melee overall. During a short all out burn, a Berserker in a well established aDPS group can put up a strong parse but I would not say it's a lot more DPS than a Monk. Regardless, the downside is that cooldowns on Berserker discs are usually longer which means they aren't always available for every encounter, bringing down the combined nightly parse.

As far as being involved is concerned, Berserkers don't get many button mash skills until later in their life. Volley is your one spam key with Frenzy being on /autoskill. Many of the early skills they do get are only best utilized in certain circumstances because they either share a timer with something better or they generate a large amount of aggro.
  6. Aegir Augur

Monks are probably the most self-sufficient pure melee Class for DPS on raids there is. There is a big difference between a good and bad monk later on - but the gap is much smaller compared to the other archetypes.Under the perfect raid-adps and discs circumstances later on, Monks should never top a parse, but they have the benefits of being able to clear agro, cure themselves, heal and stay alive by their own - thus being probably the most reliable dps class in game.

Zerkers are all about learning your builds for a burn and having ADPS from your group and raid sync in with it. As mentioned by Aziuno, this usually results in monster Agro threat and will mostly result in you dying at that point you are 15% ahead of any other DPS class. So if you like playing with fire and reap the highest rewards on parses, but other times smash your desk in disbelief of yourself and others in raid, when dying 20 seconds into the fight, then the Berserker class it is. You have no practical means, other than common sense, to track your agro as a berserker until Rain of Fear expansion.

You've seem to post a lot of posts about DPS classes and how they develop into the future. If you like to push it and think that pure DPS archetypes being either melee - or caster is too boring. I would recommend playing another class-type, fulfill it's role - while trying to do DPS on the raid. Those I know who does that, sometimes make remarkable results.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Don't Berserkers get a Jolt ability? I thought they got a new one every expac, does it not lower aggro?

And is the reason for being "bad" DPS in GoD related to the class at that time, or the fact they have to level and catch up on AA's and gear before they can start competing, or maybe a combination of both?
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

It's brilliantly on the same timer as Volley. I suppose one could use it over Volley and reduce the already mediocre sustained DPS even more. That's a valid player's choice but when you're already behind the curve, the usual choice is to try for more, not less.
  9. uk6999 Augur

Most if not all pure melee classes are one/two button pushes until AAs. Hybrids get to do a bit more since they have access to spells. If you like melee dps and push buttons probably ranger is the most active now but outside of buffs how deep is their dps spell rotation, 1? 2? Once AAs are here you will get a few more buttons to push each expac. If you like staying busy with skills try eqii haha get like 4 hotbars full of skills you have to cycle through.
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

All melee get more involved with burn order of discs and AAs going forward from where you are, berserkers probably get more complicated more quickly vs. monks. I agree with Aegir that if you're bored playing a melee on raid you're better off not playing a melee dps in your current era and you'd probably have more fun playing some kind of support or hybrid.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah but if you're a monk you get to come back to a corpse AND your name in the top 5 of the parse!
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you're bored on a monk you need to get into meta games like pulling, being the main assist, or min max parsing.

Otherwise yes the actual gameplay of simply turning on attack won't keep you interested very long.