Berserker and Monk box combos

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bfourd, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Bfourd New Member

Hi Guys,
    Recently returned back to the game and been playing on test. After messing around with a bunch of classes I decided i wan to main either berserker or monk. I plan on three boxing, and having 2nd box as shaman seems to be the obvious choice. Here is what I've been playing around for a third. I've been enjoying each but I'm not sure which would be most viable/easiest towards end gane. Appreciate any suggestions or thoughts.

Monk shaman - necro/Wiz
    Berserker shaman - bard/mag
  2. Rhaage Augur

depends.

If tank mercs are now up to snuff, a tank merc or the mage satisifies the need for a group tank with the following restrictions:
    There are some places that mercenaries can't go.
    Pets don't do well at managing AE aggro (i.e. they don't actively try to aggro adds very well)

If you want an independent 3 box and want to avoid potential issues with mercenary limitations or pet strength. Adding a PAL/SK/WAR would be the ideal 3rd.
    Pal will give you some additional / backup heal and some hp buffs,
    SK has good AE aggro tools but among biggest pool of AA to get.
    Warrior is best at taking minimal damage from mob and generally simplest for group work.
    Any of the 3 can be made to work, it's just a question of how and what do you gain / lose. Most people would say that the SK is the preferred group tank.
  3. Fohpo Augur

Right now I'm running bard, SK, zerk and it seems to be pretty decent. If you really enjoy the monk playstyle, I'd say replace the zerk with that and keep the shaman instead of bard. Ultimately, tank-support-dps with mercs is gonna be successful no matter which class combo you take. You'll be able to box just about any group content regardless.
  4. Bfourd New Member

What is agro management like with SK tank? I was hoping i could get away with a merc tank so that I could spend more time on the berserker.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Nuke on pull and forget until 105