Berserker AA Ideas

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gragas, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Gragas Augur

Thread has been up for a while on GoBerserker.com. http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?p=83324&posted=1#post83324

Feel free to post some ideas there, here or PM me on these forums with some suggestions.

Some things that have already been forwarded.

New lines:
    Rampant Frenzy - passive, gives Frenzy the ability to "flurry". currently Frenzy can hit for 1-3 strikes, this AA would give it a chance to trigger 1-2 additional Frenzy hits (if possible this could be done in the same manner that flurry works upon a successful triple attack, altho thats probably unlikely as I'm guessing theres nothing to check how many hits each click of Frenzy yields).

Juggernaut's Wrath - passive frenzy critical damage boost. frenzy crits are NOT effected by Veteran's Wrath, Savage Spirit boosts frenzy crit dmg already so it would only be a small boost to sustained dps so long as the passive is made to not stack with SS. even if they did stack though, our frenzy damage is currently severely lacking.

Warmonger's Rending -passive, gives a chance to perform a single large frenzy hit when using Frenzy.

Extended Juggernaut Surge - passive, increases the duration of Juggernaut Surge by 1 tick per rank (2-3 ranks preferred), and flags it as extendable via extended ingenuity aa.

Shield of Blood - activated, grants a large rune (250k) or defensive boost (90% avoidance) for 60sec but drains a large amount of endurance (3k) per tick in return.

Reaping Harvest - passive killshot proc, grants a lifetap proc for a short duration. Battle Stomp has a higher Hit Dmg Mod than Killing Spree so Berserkers would like a new killshot proc, and rather than continue with the Hit Dmg Mod from Killing Spree we'd like something a little different.

Reaping Harvest
    Classes: BER/254
    Beneficial: Not Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Extendable: Yes
    1: Add Proc: Reaping Harvest Strike with 350% Rate Mod

Reaping Harvest Strike
    Target: Lifetap
    Resist: Physical -150
    1: Decrease Current HP by 2000

Juggernauts Weapon Mastery- This passive ability increases the damage done with all weapons and has a small chance to proc Weapon Rage. Each rank increases the damage added (maybe 5 ranks?).

Weapon Rage proc- Hundred hands Effect.

Would be great for raiders and groupers as it increases sustained DPS without effecting burns.

Continuations:
    Vehement Rage - increase the hit dmg mod on VR to 50-60%. given that battle stomp is a 35% dmg mod with no detrimental effects and can be kept running, and VR has a 15% decrease healing taken with a 10min recast, it needs to be boosted to be better than battle stomp or it will never be used.

Binding Axe - additional ranks to increase the skill attack damage and attack debuff value. ideally would also like it changed to cast the skill attack and root+debuff separately but at the same time so that it can still be used on unrootable mobs.

Blur of Axes - additional ranks, hopefully at a larger increase than normal. Frenzy damage is very lacking at the moment

Communion of Blood - additional ranks to increase Endurance returned

Frenzied Axe of Rallos - additional ranks to increase the proc rate, its still very low at around 10-15%

Frenzied Volley - additional ranks increasing the damage of the throwing proc skill attack, frenzied volley is less than half the skill attack value of our current volley spell would like to close the gap on them a bit if possible.

Hastened War Cry - additional ranks to reduce the recast on the Warcry line, another 3-4 ranks to get the recast near the 10min range considering its the weakest HHE available.

Stomping Leap - additional ranks to increase the stun level to 100 (3 ranks raising stun cap at 5 levels per rank to get it caught up)

Hastened Uncanny Resilience - additional ranks to drop the recast to 5min or less
    Uncanny Resilience - additional ranks to increase the Max Dmg Per Hit to 10000 and the Total Dmg absorbed to 100000
    1: Absorb Melee Damage: 40%, Max Per Hit: 1700, Total: 46000
  2. baramos123 Journeyman

Those all sound fantastic the three suggestions I have are ones we've asked for before but you know we gotta keep asking and hope they stick someday.

Staff/Sword/Lance Block - It doesnt need to give us block directly since I know Elidroth had problems getting that to work and dropped the idea years ago because of that. But surely it could just be extra ranks of general ranks of combat agility to bring up our avoidance some or increased dodge/parry rate.

Overwhelming Resolve - This one can cost 30 AAs be one rank and just remove the root from frenzied resolve and change it to a snare or just be a carbon copy of frenzied resolve rk 3 that nukes you for 20k when cast instead of needing to be sub 90% health and swaps the root for a snare, can have some text going on about how with overwhelming resolve you break your shackles but are still weighed down heavily or something actually well written.

Rending Fury - Basically a replacement for blinding fury will swap the blind part of the proc with a 10k per tic dot something that isn't so high it'll be useless in the group game. Another Idea I had was tying the blind on the normal Blinding Fury skill to a 2 tic duration debuff when you first click the AA skill and remove it from the proc all together. Can have some text like through years of needless blinding yourself and losing dps when the mobs move you figured out how to use eye drops after like 12 seconds.
    Bearforce and Norathorr like this.
  3. Derresh Augur

Instant Agony - Agony of absolution purify and dmg is now instant instead of a dot

Advanced Bloodfury - 2nd rank of Bloodfury now has a 30second Hundred Hands Effect buff attached to it

Right Eye Blind - Blinding fury blinds only the right side of the screen(probably impossible to implement im guessing)

Raging Assailants - each rank adds a pet to Phantom Assailant ability or boosts the dps output of the 1 pet

and of course something that removes root from frenzied resolve. :p
  4. Behelit Augur

Blessing of Rallos - activated, places a buff-marker on the Berserker for 5min. if the Berserker drops below 60% HP it triggers a critical damage boost (less than half of Savage Spirit). 10min recast

Blessing of Rallos
    Target: Self
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: Cast Once: Rallosian Rage if HP Less Than 60 Percent

Rallosian Rage
    Target: Self
    Duration: 1m (10 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Critical 2H Blunt Damage by 205% of Base Damage
    2: Increase Critical 2H Slash Damage by 205% of Base Damage
    3: Increase Critical 2H Pierce Damage by 205% of Base Damage
    4: Increase Critical Frenzy Damage by 205% of Base Damage

Gouging Frenzy - activated, single target attack that deals 3 Frenzy strikes and returns a small % of the damage as HP. 20-30sec recast

Gouging Frenzy
    Skill: Frenzy
    Target: Single
    Range: 50'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Hate: 1
    1: Frenzy Attack for 200 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    2: Frenzy Attack for 175 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    3: Frenzy Attack for 150 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    4: Return 5% of Damage as HP
  5. Bolin New Member

I do not claim credit for all of these ideas, a couple were some that were spitballed in the serverwide channel.

Further ranks of Hastened Self Preservation to bring it more in line with other classes fade abilities. I'd really like it to be 3 minutes like most others, but would settle for 4.

Another rank or two of Communion of Blood that'd increase the bite to around 40khp for 21k Endurance. Before folks start hooting and hollering that's too much, its the same amount of exchange that shaman get off the top Cannibalization AA. Currently it's at 23khp for 10k end. That makes it roughly the same as the rk.8 cannibalization aa for shaman.

More ranks of Hastened Communion of Blood to knock the reuse down to somewhere around 3-5 minutes to make it more useful on those lovely endurance drain fights.

Few more ranks of Hastened Recklessness to bring it more in line with other classes that get similar abilities. If not faster, then maybe a knock off of Weapon shield for us?

Some sort of aa that would increase the range that Axe of Rallos line abilities and frenzy could hit from? Kinda disappointing that we have to give the mob a colonoscopy to use these abilities on mobs that Wild Rampage hardcore.

AA Warcry on par with Ancient: Cry of Chaos?

Perhaps a buff icon for Furious Rampage so we know when it is rolling and fades?
  6. Denhbers Elder

More ranks of Uncanny Resilience... that defensive disc could use a boost. Extended Uncanny Resilience would be nice. A couple more ranks of Hastened Resilience would be nice.

If the riposte situation is "fixed", I think it would be fair to extend ours from 12 seconds to 16. It could cost 30 AA's etc.

Remove 90% health requirement on Augmented Frenzy.

An AA similar to what beastlords get; it's not right to exclude us from HHE type stuff. Please make this melee class not so exclusively reliant on beastlords.

Remove root disc from the game for god's sake. It's now 3 expansions old and a huge irritant. Stop handcuffing us with different detrimental effects. Health reduction and blind is enough. I'm gonna beat this horse once in a while until my EQ career is over. I don't care what anyone thinks. I remember years of fondness without this stupid root disc.

Frenzy doing 2k a hit is laughable, so I agree with other zerkers who have proposed more AA's for this ability.

Anyways, I'm done with my rants and inputs... P.S. Beating that horse one last time... please get rid of the root disc so it's never accounted for again.
  7. juddor Elder

i cant think of much to add,

I would like a self HHE such as monks and rogues have... I would also like a higher crit rate and veterans wrath
    Jimbo of Oggok likes this.
  8. Norathorr Augur

Some stuff that would make me happy.

Frenzied Resolve - Remove root and make it a snare or something like that or perhaps a self Dot. ROOT DOES NOT WORK FOR A MELEE CLASS /rant off

Blinding Fury - AA line to gives us a chance increasing per rank of not going blind but still getting the fury.

Would love to see some massive boost to frenzy in a way that would not make our sustained damage so laughable. Keep in mind we are supposedly a top tier dps class and events are not just based around a couple of minutes of burns.

I love Bolins idea about end Canni - Big thumbs up from me.

Love Gragas's idea for more ranks of Uncanny + Hastened Uncanny.

The only thing I am not so sure I want to see berserkers getting is a rune. I dont think it is too fitting with the class and I would rather see some passive mitigation gains that put us more in line with how we used to be. We are a chain wearing warrior who is based offensively, sacrificing defense as we go more berserker. In a non disced state we should not be innately almost as fragile if not more fragile than a caster. The nature of the class means that we should be able to take some hits (not like a tank before someone says so you want to tank too???!?!?!?!?!).
  9. Adron New Member

Here's my idea for sustained dps:

Name : Murderous Lust

Passive AA
    For each kill shot the berserker gets you get a short duration buff that lasts for 15ish minutes that increases damage/atk, chance to critical, chance to triple attack/double attack. No increase to attack speed cause then that'd be crazy

Each successive kill shot adds another buff slot (makes the zerker choose which raid buffs to keep) up to however many ranks of AA are invested. Each additional buffslot gives less and less bonuses.

Basically the point of this AA would be to create more group strategy dynamics in the group game which can also translate into the raid scene. Each kill shot gives the zerker more arrogance (reminds me of the competitive nature between gimli and legolas in the lotr movies where they compare kill shots). Anyways the reward for killing carefully is increased contribution to future kills and increased desireability in groups!

I'd love to see more zerker toys like leap/sprint...perhaps an activated AA that let's zerkers dual wield 2 handlers (how many times do we need to ask for this?) but give a really small chance to actually hit with both? It gives us something to do with our banked weapons they can make the increase in dps super marginal but it's really mostly for the looks. Heck, the stat increase would be nice enough anyways!

Perhaps an AA for throwing? Not just volley, but something fun to do with our axes?
  10. Jimbo of Oggok Journeyman

Activated:

-Reduce reuse time on frenzy by 6s for 90 secs (15 ticks)

Passive:
    -More ranks of hastened self preservation

-Berserker version of massive strike, any of these options, tied to frenzy:

Frenzy casts a volley
    Frenzy casts a buff that gives another weapon attack next round
    Frenzy casts a buff that reduces timer on frenzy to 1 sec for one tick (8% chance)
  11. Daedly Augur

Calluses(a thickened and hardened part of the skin or soft tissue, esp. in an area that has been subjected to friction.)

Lowers damage taken from melee hits with increasing effectiveness after the initial hit.(The idea of building calluses).

My thought is that it would be a clickable(/duck) AA with a duration of say 45sec's and recast of 10seconds? Also, the way it would work would be it gives you a single buff with one hit proc limit. Once you take a melee hit, it uses the proc which causes the buff to fade which would then trigger a second buff. The second buff also has a 1 hit proc limit only it has some form of mitigation tied to it, either avoidance chance or reduced melee damage similar combat stability(or both) and a reduction in incoming spell damage. The second buff would also trigger another buff upon fade with another 1hit proc limit and mitigation effects that are better than the one before. Stopping at a buff which would grant the 3rd level of mitigation where when it just fades and is gone.

I know some buffs are made where you cant cast them while IN combat. So I would think it would be possible for the reverse to be true and make it possible that original and triggered buffs wouldn't be able to be used/casted unless you are in combat. The idea behind that is so that someone doesn't just hit themselves to get the last level of the buff, heal up, then head into battle. They would need to take each hit while in combat and build their "Callus" up. Which should allow the third rank of mitigation effects to be somewhat significant but not overpowering.

I also would have liked to have the hit proc work off of spell damage, but i am not sure how that could be worked easily or if at all with the way we have to self damage ourselfs.

I know this idea doesn't have the nice format some of you presented, but I am not that savvy in spell information. So hoping if one of you folks whom are that might like that idea can run with it and make it look better or change it in ways that may work better.
  12. Gragas Augur

With current state of AE Rampage think you would to have it front end loaded ie the big hits at the beginning gradually decreasing down, and heck make it for your group, and increases melee damage as the calluses wear off? Something like this maybe?

Callused Rage - It's just skin it will grow back, your bleeding calluses wrapped around your AXE intimidates your enemies and inspires your group mates.

1: Add effect: Callused Inspiration

Mana: 0 Casting Time: Instant
    Recast Time: 0 Fizzle Time: 0
    AE Range: 100 Max Hits: 4
    Interruptable: No Target Type: Group v2

Callused Inspiration.

1: Spell Threshold Guard (75) 8 hit limit
    2: Melee Threshold Guard (80) 8 hit limit
    11: Increase Damage Bonus by all skills 40.
    12: Trigger Effect: Callused Anger on Fade

Callused Anger.
    1: Spell Threshold Guard (65) 8 hit limit
    2: Melee Threshold Guard (70) 8 hit limit
    11: Increase Damage Bonus by all skills 50.
    12: Trigger Effect: Callused Guard on Fade

Callused Guard
    1: Spell Threshold Guard (65) 8 hit limit
    2: Melee Threshold Guard (70) 8 hit limit
    11: Increase Damage Bonus by all skills 60.
    12: Trigger Effect: Callused Rage on Fade.

Callused Rage
    1: Spell Threshold Guard (50) 12 hit limit
    2: Melee Threshold Guard (55) 12 hit limit
    11: Increase Damage Bonus by all skills 75.
    12: Trigger Effect: Ripped Skin

Ripped Skin - 15k DD

Something like that?
  13. Tanols Augur

Battle Focus Discipline

Description
    1: Increase Chance to Avoid Melee by 10000%
    Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
    Mana: 0
    Skill:
    Defense
    Casting Time: Instant
    Recast Time:
    Fizzle Time: 0
    Range:
    Time of Day:
    Any
    Hate Generated: 1
    Dispellable:
    No
    Deletable: Yes
    Interruptable:
    No
    Short Buff Box: No
    Timer ID:
    Target Type: Self
    Spell Type:
    Beneficial
    Category: NPC
    Source:
    Live 01/24
    Melee Flags
    Initial Endurance Cost: 0 Endurance Cost: 65/second
    Opening Types:
    • Triggered on demand
    Cast on you: You are filled with an acute battle focus.
    Cast on other: Soandso is filled with a battle focus.
    Effect Fades: The battle focus fades.
    Game Description
    Focuses your awareness of the situation around you to such an extent that it is impossible for melee attacks to strike you.
  14. Tanols Augur

[IMG]Desperation

Description
    1: Haste v3 unknown calc: 137 range: 30 -> 0
    Casting Time:
    Instant
    Recast Time: 0
    Fizzle Time:
    Range: 0
    Time of Day: Any
    Interruptable:
    Yes
    Target Type:
    Self
    Spell Type: Beneficial
    Category:
    NPC
    Source: Live 01/24

Cast on you: Panic lends speed to your attacks.
    Cast on other: Soandso gets a desperate look in the eyes.
    Effect Fades: The panic passes.
  15. Tanols Augur

[IMG]Battle Focus Discipline

Description
    1: Increase Chance to Avoid Melee by 10000%
    Skill:
    Defense
    Casting Time: Instant
    Recast Time:
    Fizzle Time: 0
    Range:
    Time of Day:
    Any
    Hate Generated: 1
    Dispellable:
    No
    Deletable: Yes
    Interruptable:
    No
    Timer ID:
    Target Type: Self
    Spell Type:
    Beneficial
    Category: NPC
    Source:
    Live 01/24
    Melee Flags
    Initial Endurance Cost: 0 Endurance Cost: 65/second
    Opening Types:
    • Triggered on demand
    Cast on you: You are filled with an acute battle focus.
    Cast on other: Soandso is filled with a battle focus.
    Effect Fades: The battle focus fades.
  16. Tanols Augur

Bleh i fail at posting :/ ... any way upgrade both of the above.

Desperation ... have it scale so the lower we go or the longer we are below its scales up the % of HH effect. Reasoning ... I can't tell you how often i find myself with mob at low hps with group healer either lying dead or just resurrected and OOM. WTB shaman's that remember they have Spiritual Channeling AA for free mana for several minutes.

Battle Focus ... have this give a chance to avoid AE rampage or any melee attack. Maybe even a new AA line that increases % chance to avoid and % of damage avoided, total damage?, duration per rank.

AA version of Armor of Experience vet AA again ranks to increase %, total damage, duration.

AA line to modify Frenzied Resolve to a snare rather than a root, % of reduction based on ranks purchased.

Same with Blinding ... several ranks to make it so its as if we can only see as if we looking through a really dark red veil. IE the post effects appearance when shrouding in Chapterhouse group/raid or have Living Nightmares dot from Cobalt in Shard's Landing. Multiple ranks to "lighten" the effect.

Brutal Disc extended duration ... As it is Blinding lasts longer than both Brutal and Cleaving used back to back.

Timer reductions on SS RA Cascading to bring them more to same refresh.

either or more ranks of Juggernaut or ext duration = duration of SS RA and or Brutal.

Upgrade to ACoC make it an AA ... 4th Spire self or group only ?

5th Spire ... huge mod to ranged / thrown attacks. ie Rogue Deadly Aim Disc.

I see a lot of dps suggestions I like and couldn't really add anything new that hasn't either been suggested here or in previous threads like this other than what i posted above.