belt procs

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by strongbus, Aug 29, 2021.

1. strongbus Augur

for a hybrid class (bst in this case). is there much difference in dps between the belt that can add 5k to spell damage(after crits) or the one that has 2 procs one that adds 500 to wep procs and some aa and one adds extra damage to combat abilities?
  2. Warpeace Augur

I would use the belt with Overdrive Punch as a Beastlord because I feel there would be more proc chances from that belt vs you casting and Threaded Boon of Potential procs.
  3. Axel Furry Hats OP

Overdrive Punch is basically a non-factor, the max hit that I had for it (on last raids) was like ~1800 and procced 397 times. Looking at the other beastlords on the raid, seems like they're getting similar damage numbers & procs.

A lot of beastlord spell damage is dot damage and spamming their dots, and the 5k damage is added to the total amount of the dot (if it does 10 ticks, then 500 damage added per tick). If you cast more than 1DD per 10 procs, then the caster belt would be better, but I'm unsure about if you get 5k added per nuke that you do (since bst nukes are combo nukes). I'd assume that it doesn't, but I could be wrong. Seems like the common trend is to go with the proc belt.
  4. Alnitak Augur

In a group steady-grind situation a choice of the belt depends on you personal playstyle. Some beastlords like using DoT's and DD's, some use 2HB, some use DW 1H weapons, some use mana aggresively, some preserve mana and cast less, some spend mana via non-damage spells like Composite Rage, Feralgia etc. Too many factors to have a definitive answer to a belt choice.
    The situation is a bit different during burn. During Bloodlust weapons proc 100% of the time. +500 to proc from Bood of the Seeress (belt of Adroitnes) stacks up with +500 to proc from Boon of the Restless ( Velium Empowered Gem of Striking) and that is before critical. 2 innate weapon proces + 2 proccing weapon augments means that in 30 sec burn you can see 200-400 various proces with 80+% criticals (group gear, close to 100% with raid gear). that's somewhere between 500K to 1mil damage added by the belt.
    Threaded Boon of Potential adds 5K v2 damage after critical to your damaging spells. In those 30 seconds you'll have time to cast maybe 1 other DoT and maybe 6-7 times cast Ikatiar's Blood, so perhaps 35-50K extra damage coming from the belt.

In a steady group grind those +500 to proc spells also apply to proces coming from Spider Bite buff, Mana Infusion buff, from 3 Assaulting type 18 augs (+3 more type 19 raid versions), a variety of auras and songs. All the above proces are unaffected by Bloodlust (unfortunately), but they do proc with extra umph, which adds up to compete with +5K v2 damage from other belt.

That's my observations from looking into my fight logs.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Get in the next beta and you can get one of each and parse it.