Belt for mages

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Shard, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Shard New Member

I was wondering what belt is good for mages who don't raid. Would it still be the Buring Sash of Ro? If not, what belt would it be?
  2. Brohg Augur

3. Shard New Member

Boon of the Seeress

1: Additional Damage to Spells (500)
    2: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    3: Limit: Effect (HP when cast allowed)
    4: Limit: Mana_Max (0)
    5: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    6: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    7: Limit: Min Level (254)
    8: Limit: Instant spells only
    9: Limit: ClassPlayer (131070)
    10: Limit: Max Casting Time (0.00 sec)

It seems this proc only work for instant spells which mages do not have ☹️️.
  4. kizant Augur

Instant just means the duration of the spell. Any DD/bolt type spell would normally count. However, I believe Seeress only works with weapon procs and activated abilities. And I know it doesn't work at all with wizard AA nukes. I think it's because they use mana. See how it lists 0 mana and min level of 254? I guess force of elements might work with it. They ever make that use mana? I forget. Basically you're not going to get much out of it.

Burning Sash of Ro I would think is technically a little better but the damage it adds is very low. Doubt you'll even notice it.
  5. Brohg Augur

Procs, man. All the procs. They're 0 mana, they have no duration because you're not equipping stupid dot ones. Either two on your staff (staff+aug) or two on 1h+book (1h procs are mana not dd, but still take an aug, then the one on your Tome). If you can swing an old raid range, or a raid primary, then each one adds an aug slot for another proc. Druid aura is a proc. Enc aura is a proc. Bard Arcane song is a proc. Hedgewizard or Tonic of Resonant is a proc. If you melee (you should melee, no reason not to since pets can tank the last year), that's at least one more proc, more if you're grouped with shm/brd or put on spider aura.

There are way more procs than fire spells for Bond of the Flame to boost.
  6. kizant Augur

Good point. it would definitely be better than Burning Sash of Ro if you got at least a couple procs going.

Although, I don't think it works with hedgewizards for some reason. That's one I tried out not too long ago. That and my wiz AA nukes which made a little more disappointing than I was expecting. Still don't expect too much. It doesn't crit or anything so even if you can manage like 3 procs a second outside a raid you'll get a straight 1.5k dps from it.
  7. Vindicate Elder

Free dps for holding your pants up or your bath robe shut! Both belts add 500 damage but yea you can proc way more per round than you can cast fire spells, I think burning sash of ro also worked with rains too, which was pretty neat, but still not enough. And now my mage has a reason to swing the 2hb, yaaaay! Autoattack is now on my pet attack key. Actually its been there since lion procs...