Beguiler's Synergy

Discussion in 'Casters' started by GoneFission, Jan 11, 2018.

1. GoneFission Augur

Most of EoK I was catching up on my enchanter class and archetype AAs. Plus, I mistakenly dismissed the synergy AAs as a overflow for max AA people. It wasn't until the 50% bonus in the RoS run up that I started accumulating enough AAs to dump some into the Synergy lines. The first time I made use of a synergy proc with a mage, chanter, and two wizard mercs was a real eye opener on how fast EoK trash can be killed. Spell rotation suggestions suddenly made a great deal more sense, also.

The question I have about synergy is on my enchanter. When my mage procs a synergy, I have no problem using it with everyone, including the mage. When the chanter synergy procs, I cannot get any of the chanter spells to consume it. Not the 100 or 105 nukes, nor the dots. The icon just ticks down to zero and vanishes.

Nothing in the effect description explains this. Virtually any damage spell the chanter casts should get the beguiler's synergy. Is it actually working and the icon just hangs around, or is it broken for the chanter that procs the synergy?
  2. fransisco Augur

The enchanter synergy was specifically designed so that enchanters cannot benefit from/use it.

Ive heard (I wasn't in EoK beta) that the enchanter synergy is much more powerful than others due to how it stacks. Therefore to make up for this, it only helps an enchanter's group mates.
    GoneFission likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

Technically Enchanters can use Beguiler's Synergy, they just have to use spells that meet the criteria:

[51006/49726] Beguiler's Synergy II
    Classes: ENC/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: No
    AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Stacking: Beguiler's Synergy 2
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: No
    Max Hits: 1 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage v2 by 45% (Before Crit)
    2: Limit Resist: Magic
    3: Limit Resist: Fire
    4: Limit Resist: Cold
    5: Limit Max Level: 249 (lose 100% per level)
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP less than -100
    7: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating less than -100
    Text: Your magic resonates with Beguiler's Synergy.

The reason most enchanter nukes do not use Synergy is that it does not work on Chromatic spells. There are a few Magic spells that Enchanters have that will use a synergy counter (Gravity Twist comes to mind). I'm not saying that makes them worth using (I have no idea), just clarifying why you aren't able to use counters.
    IblisTheMage and GoneFission like this.
  4. GoneFission Augur

Thank you both. I presumed that the enchanter nukes came out of the direct damage/magic spell selection that they were magic spells. I didn't stop to consider that I needed the resist check, not the spell type.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Text of Beguiler’s Synergy says direct damage, Gravity Twist is target AE?
    GoneFission likes this.
  6. Sancus Augur

It's still a direct damage spell. There's not target limit on Beguiler's Synergy. It's only limited to SPA 0 (and SPA 79) with a value less than -100, to the three resists mentioned, and to spells below level 249.

Gravity Twist is a level 104 magic spell that uses SPA 0 with a value of -17482, and as such it fits all of the limits.
    GoneFission and IblisTheMage like this.
  7. GoneFission Augur

I've been spending most of my time leveling around the FM Sarnak forts. I didn't want to indiscriminately AE myself or anyone else around. There's a relatively low powered DoT that can eat the proc. Even at 140%, not sure the dot tick is worth the time it takes to cast. Mostly, I just let it expire until I find a better option. I make sure the wizard mercs are turned on, and the mage always gets a spear off with the synergy.

Edit - yes DoT ticks do consume the synergy. Did it with my necro playing with my wizard synergy, and the chanter DoTs working with the mage synergy. Really the chanter is the only odd one out - more like an alliance synergy than any other caster.
  8. kizant Augur

Unless you can gravity flux like 3 targets it's not really worth trying to use it.