Beginning Warrior Questions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Graymane84, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Graymane84 Journeyman

Hi everyone. The first time around (99-03), I played only casters (cleric and enchanter mains). This time around, I am committed to playing a warrior. So not only am I new to warrior but also tanking in general. Are the old warrior guides or even the P99 guides worth reading for some tips on how to play the class? I see a lot of the questions and discussion are really on the high end game.

I have a cleric with a J1 tank on my gold account and I've created 3 other F2P accounts with a bard, wiz, and warrior on them. I want to see how well I like the other classes before I commit to more money on them. I'm still under 20 and doing quests and newbie stuff, but am trying to prepare for higher levels.

I'm on a live server with some grouping options and I can also box a bit if needed, although I'm not very good at it -)
  2. Dre. Altoholic

J1 tank merc will generally wipe the floor with a player tank up to 75 or so.

Some tips:
    • Be properly equipped: Your gear, augs and AA's need to be kept current.
    • Awareness: Be focused when you play. Distractions = dead groupmates.
    • Be a leader: Don't expect to be carried or invited. Take action; invite others to join you.
    • Do your homework: Know where to go, what you need and how to get it. Be 5 steps ahead.
    Zentara likes this.