Beasts weapon choice 1hb vs H2H

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by KalbicWidmer, Jun 12, 2022.

1. KalbicWidmer New Member

For more of my BL career I've always stuck with the 1HB in my primary and a H2H in my secondary. Somewhere in my past I remember hearing beasts get a advantage using a 1HB weapon. Now I can't remember if this is even a thing or not. The question is this, should I just use whatever weapon has the best stats or is there a advantage to using 1HB over H2H or vice versa?
    Thank you
  2. Szilent Augur

at high levels, 1hb consistently have the high damage proc. h2h have the smaller Life Sap proc
  3. chronicler Augur

But during burn you should use 2h, and none burn 1h/h2h correct i think
  4. Alnitak Augur

In ToL and previous few expansion BST/MNK 1HB and H2H have the same damage and delay and the difference is the proc, which is higher on 1HB and is a lifetap on H2H. You can mix and match various combinations of those of different tiers, of course, and the dps numbers on the parse will reflect the quality (tiers) of the weapons you wield.
    On the other hand, it depends on your playstyle. During raids, BST/MNK 2HB outdamages other combos by a small margin (arguably), and many raiding beaslords use it. Meanwhile, in a group game the situation is not as determined. Two h2h weapons, especially with 2 healing weapon augs provide a substantial heal influx for the beaslord. So, in a group with a low-aggro tank or if the beastlord IS the main tank, then h2h combo is shining. True, the dps is a bit lower comparing to other combos, but you'd lose 100% of your dps if you die.
    Secondary reason to use h2h combo (Tier 3+2 group weapons, or Tier 2+1 raid weapons), is the burn during tanking. Bloodlust AA allows the beastlord to proc 100% of the time for 42 seconds. Routinely, in DN Zlandicar mission my beastlord main tanks him for 40 seconds or less, while healing himself for over 1.5 mil, outhealing the merc and burning bard (who burns Bloodlust as well and wields 2 Remote Healing hammers). Also, Lifetap proc recourse is a heal and subjected to BST healing boost AA's.

Bottom line - use whatever weapons you like for whatever play style you use, the difference is not that significant.