Beasts of today

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by smash, Apr 27, 2020.

1. smash Augur

Seems that beasts now run out of mana a lot faster than during TBL.

During TBL a normal key when not burning would be: Bestial savagery, mangler, DF, Focused, maelstrom, frozen, and cold dots.

If you do that today, but replace cold dots with Poison dots, due to resist, you run out of mana rather faster

And during burns it is even worse
    BS, DF. Focus, barter, poison dots.

What do people use today, as not to run out of mana in 1,5 min during burn ?
    And in normal play, it is run out in 3 min max.

Ofc using rods, cannibalize, focused pos on myself.

There were/are a guide of beasts, cannot remember the link, but it feels like it is starting to be a bit outdated.

Some of this comes from the fact that mental clarity has not been upgraded since RoS.
  2. Kalipto Augur

Bsts always struggled with mana. Sorry to see it's back to being this bad though. Mental Clarity AA is nice, but probably not the solution. It's never added much regen and is shared with all mana classes. I could see an argument for increasing paragon's mana or something else.

Perhaps this is just the way of keeping bst dps where it should be. You have the option of doing less dps and saving mana or bursting through it all. That was always my challenge on bst. Finding just the right balance so you're never full mana and never OOM.

That said - I'd prefer to be able to burn longer than 90 seconds before running out and totally support better beastlord mana regen.
  3. Eyezing Lorekeeper

It's one of the enjoyable aspects of a beastlords in my opinion. You can't just spam nukes or dots. There's a measure of forethought that can go a long way. How long will it probably take your raid force to beat the event? Would the first 10 minutes or last 10 minutes of the event be more conducive to completely going ham on DoT's? (For arcane secrets glyph purposes)

The longer the event, the more your mana pool will force you to nuke vs. DoT. The more beastlords you have, the more paragons you get.

The trouble I always have in teaching anyone how to be the best bst they can be, is everyone ALWAYS wants it easy. Easy doesn't equal the best, and I love that about our class.
    Romance, Duder and Boze like this.