Beastlords

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Beastlord, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Kobrah Augur

I stopped raiding after EoK, but if you did things right beastlord dps was fine as with any other class. I never had trouble keeping up with other dps so its more of learning how to manage your cooldowns and rotations and working on taking advantage of gift of mana procs to cast your big mana cost spells etc.
  2. Beastlord New Member

I understand what your saying and no I was not using every ability on my ranger I was making a point that just by using 2 spells I was out DPSing my BST who was spamming the hell out of everything he had even keybinds , sure I could square it up and run my ranger full on with abilities disc's what not and smoke my bsts on DPS .
  3. Derka Power Ranger

If your beast is going OOM before your ranger, you're not up to par on both classes. Both of them require quite a bit of input to be effective but the beast requires more. That is the reason you don't see a lot of beastlords because it is a complicated class to learn. Rangers do more burst dps, beastlord is a hell of a sustained dps class. Shorter fights a ranger will shine but that ranger will be oom going full bore way before a beastlord. If you want a nice burst shot on your beast though, cast your full burns and get a ranger twincast cast on you. Hit claws and reflexive.
  4. haaaalp Augur

wut? why are u running gribble's at 110 with tbl gear? bst are fine. learn to not stink. close this thread.
  5. Mazame Augur

Ok I been playing a bst from the start and over the year I learned many tricks. If you want a bst to preform as a boxed class then your going to lose a 1/3 of your DPS because Bst take a lot of focus to play and keep them going.

With that said a Bst can do many things a pure dps can't. We heal / Tank / and Solo very well. We are a jack of all trades but master of none. And if you want to push your self to be better at one aspect then another you can do so (example from underfoot to CotF I played a tank bst and focused on Hagi and AC ) during that time I could was tanking as well as most knights.

Currently I am more focused on DPS because that is what is needed with my current guild.

To get DPS from a bst you need to be using a lot of tricks ( a mash key help to link your nukes and aa / combat skills.) Make sure you are using /autoskill ..... having both a kick and a punch is 2 less key to mass and will help your dps.

Next use your dot's and dico yes they will drain your mana but if you want dps use them.

With that being said gearing up is key to helping your Mana issues
    Splinter of Potency / Bixie Summoner's Stone
    Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke
    Miniature Horn of Unity
    Gear up with the best gear and AUGs!!!!! you can get
    Max out your AA Paragon / Focus Paragon / Cons. of Spirit
    you will see a big change between 15k aa and 25k aa

if you want a "play right out of the box " bst then yes your going to be lacking a Heroic bst is lacking and need to be worked on. but if you get 25k+ aa and the right gear even a group bst can preform well. Why do I say 25k aa? because you have to many rolls
    Tanking = 1 set of aa
    DPS = another set of aa
    Healing = another set of aa
    Pet = another set of aa
    Mana aa = another set of aa.
    Trade skill / misc. AA = another set

Bst are in the top 3 for most aa. and we have over 41k to max. so yes the 15kish you get as a heroic is not worth crap. you need to pick a path and work on it if you balance out your aa you will take even more before your effective. if you focus on a AA line you can see improvement in that area but it takes time.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Without specialize do you really benefit from the augs?
  7. smash Augur

You are having 2 augs that will do absolutely NOTHING for beastlords. Those 2 specialize augs as beastlords have NO specialize skills.
  8. Lifeshriek Augur

it would be great if we could get specialization skills however. spec conjuration ftw. pretty sure that would go a long way to helping our mana issues if you use dots.
  9. Waldagar Augur

I have both a raid gear BST (mostly EoK) and a group geared BST (mix of ROS T2 and Conflagrant). I PL'ed the group geared BST to 110 and ran into the mana issue. With his low AA count, mana was an issue. I then focused his AAs on mana regen with FPOS and Canni as top priorities. Once I had those AAs maxed out, mana was not an issue. On a side note I changed my 5 nuke hot key to 4 nukes and Canni to make sure I always had it on cooldown. I also have to keep FPOS on cooldown. I always have Dicho on cooldown and use the poison and cold DoTs regularly.

Our single target haste stopped at level 60 IIRC, but the pet haste has a group haste recourse that lasts for 2+ hours.
  10. Kindred Journeyman

do beastlord's use two handed or one handed weapons.? I bought a stave of the eternal for 200 platinum pieces that I saved up and now I'm fighting in emerald jungle. bristlebane server if that matters.
  11. Adeus Journeyman

IMO: 2 handed for normal/sustain, dual handed for burns (this is assuming the 2 handed and dual wield weapons are of an equivalent quality/tier) make use of your bandolier for simple switching.
  12. Gundolin Augur

You want to look for 2HB that is only usable by BST or Monk.

That's what I'm told anyway. :)
  13. Goodkitty Augur

I was parsing spires. I found First spire to do a lot more damage in SOD era on phini. Is there a reason why Second spire would be preferable? Stacking?
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

2nd hits pretty hard at live-levels (37.5k) and yeah 3rd can have stacking issues. We won't see that big of a proc until TBM, so 3rd is probably best for Phinny now. I'll be parsing it out "in-era-ish" soon.
  15. Boze TLP complaint factory

Curious how you got that now. I just played with all the spires on Test @ 85 and consistently got ~250 DPS from 2nd, but 3rd made almost no difference. FWIW, 1st is hard to parse properly, it wouldn't stay up, even in Arena on Test where buffs don't fade, so I can't just leave it up and get a long parse. Short one is hard to draw conclusions from, but since it just adds to damage bonus it's not adding much. 2nd looks like a clear winner, even in our era. 3rd might do better overall ADPS in raids if you're in a melee group with other burns going.
  16. Goodkitty Augur

I think i parsed it with the old parse program lol.
    Boze likes this.