Beastlords

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Beastlord, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Beastlord New Member

You guys REALLY need to do something about the Beast lord class , the DPS is awful for a mix between a monk and shaman . the dps is AT best just under a rogue with unless we have Support class in a group then were useless , before I get Trolled , yes I know that the bst is decent DPS but im sure a lot A LOT of bst would agree we could use some improvements I mean the pets are ok , but our spells take a but load of mana we have to click our buts off with paragon just to keep mana I really even some small improvements would be better than none , I mean the SK mix between tank and necro and he can tank, pally mix of cleric and tank and.... he can tank, the zerker is awesome DPS, the bard is awesome puller and with songs can mez,haste DPS,Ranger can do his class trait and HS and tank if need to has his own genuine class buffs for melee , and then you have the Bst , way way below par with his mimic shaman spells , the haste spells are useless , the slows are useless , no class trait skills or Spells and the dps is way off par with any other class , so please get a focus group together or something and fix it for all us BST who love the class dearly and would like to continue to play them .

thank you , Beastlord
  2. Brohg Augur

Welcome, New Member!

I find your perspective to be -- remarkably out of sync with my experience playing a beastlord! But welcome!
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Anytime I see people complain about beast lords and the capability they have to dps, I like to link this: https://undivided-faith.com/resources-undivided-faith/beastlords/

Knowing how to properly use your skills in the proper rotation is the key for all dps classes but for beasts its particularly so. A great beast is an asset to any group or raid.
  4. Beastlord New Member

Yeah sure if your a raid geared toon , some ppl dont have time to raid , and i may be a little off but not by much . A lot of the spells in that post doesnt even stack if there us a shammy or ranger in group so yeah as i said those spells are useless . But anyway just my opinon . Thats would be why the game is just flooded with the class because the are so well rounded and usefull .
  5. Beastlord New Member

And all that just to get decent dps and you dont think it needs an over haul ??
  6. Spellfire Augur

I have met some well played beast lords and it does not seem that the class is lacking atm.
  7. haaaalp Augur

Agreed. Sounds like you are no good at playing a beastlord. Everyone knows raid gear doesn't make the character either...
  8. Brohg Augur

I bet my second-last piece of pumpkin pie 'haaaalp' is an alt-login of Beastlord
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. haaaalp Augur

Fail
    Pirlo likes this.
  10. Beastlord New Member

Ahh ok so i just need to learn how to play a bst , thats gonna make the spells stronger , the slows useful and hp/mana buffs better gotcha ok . Ok the simple fact that i would have to make hotkeys and keybinds and click like a crazy person just to get some dps from a bst says it all . And yes gear does make a difference , does it change the skill of a player no ofcourse not , but with mods on gear it makes things better. But anyway
  11. Tucoh Augur

How are you going to roll in here and complain about beastlord buffs of all things?

Here's an ingame picture of my melee team when my beastlord rolls onto the scene and casts his dissident:
    [IMG]

And as far as DPS, a properly played beastlord is a sexual tyrannosaurus even without raid gear.
    Spellfire and menown like this.
  12. Defjam Journeyman

Sorry mate, that's just the state of the game at this point. Every class should constantly be hitting buttons, even more so if you're a hybrid.
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

Sounds like they came from a monk or rogue and are only use to turning on auto attack and hitting the odd button here and there. (esp. with the addition of /autoskill). Sorry man, being busier then a one legged man in a butt kicking contest is half the fun. You learn how to use your army of abilities in the right order and at the right times and you'll be a dps monster. The only change I'd like to see is getting the canni AA a bit earlier on; otherwise thing feel pretty solid to me.

I don't wanna be one of those L2P guys but....
  14. Pirlo Augur

Lmao
  15. Beastlord New Member

ok for curiosity I looked up the write you posted followed it to the T and I am OOM in 3 mobs . still something im not doing ?? not very efficient sure I can have decent dps if I spam DD spells and non stop casting ??? so if that's what it takes for decent DPS on a bst then at LEAST lower the mana cost for the spells , I mean you pretty much are using every singal spell within lvl just to have DPS .
  16. Rashod Lorekeeper

You soloing these mobs? If your doing 80% of the DPS in your group I can buy it. But yes in order to do dps you have to constantly cast. This is how EQ works these days, you don't turn on auto attack and do good dps (noone does) especially as a hybrid. Ask rangers about their mana consumption. At least we have multiple ways to attempt to help ourselves out in this realm.
  17. Brohg Augur

That is indeed what it takes for decent dps on every class that has a spell bar
    Eggolas likes this.
  18. Beastlord New Member

to funny my Ranger same 110 in conflag gear I cast 2 spells swarm and my fire spell and I out dps my BST by nearly half , no clicking non stop till im oom or no having to set up 24 lines in hotbars , with merc I can so a low lvl Gribble HA on ranger and using those two spells plow through stuff , NOT ON bst I cast click (yes in the same order as posted and other recommended DPS Rots from other sites (hmm seems to be an issue ) my bst is in T2 TBL gear non vis and vis , but I know gear doesn't matter , but I don't see ppl going to raids naked now days . I can run the whole thing and never go OOM, with the BST ?? Guess what OOM half way through . now at the beginning if this I was just making a statement that I thought Bst class needed some improvements simple opinon and request . can say what you want but no not ever class has to click until the dam mouse button falls apart to have decent DPS , and look for your self the BST is one of the lowest number used Classes in the game . for a REASON . now you guys can continue to talk chit like grown adults do about my play style , poke fun blah blah but the original idea was that the BST spells for one were useless because they get over ridden by rangers , the heals suck even for a patch heal. the haste well is a lvl 40 something shaman haste ?? WTF is up with that DBG , Mana regen stacks OMG I found something useful . stats are way below any other DPS class hybrid or not . and our spells take WAY more than anyone to cast is why paragon is refreshed so fast would be better to make spells less costly ofcourse not lets just click till our hearts are content hehe , but whatever typical forum always gotta have a bad cop and good cop , smart guy , the idiot guy , the cool guy and so on .
  19. Beastlord New Member

check the forums there are many others complaining about the BST DPS and useage
  20. Brohg Augur

M'kay, what you have said here is that you don't play either character hard. Like, not remotely to their potential. You leave *most* of the power of both classes just sitting on the table instead of including that power in your game play. So what you've done with your ranger is not a valid meter for what a good ranger is. Good rangers have a line up of four nukes and several combat abilities that they spam, just as you've recently read about for beastlords. They have an array of combat disciplines & AA boosts to keep on rotation, just as you've recently read about for beastlords.

The astute will notice, though, that one "advantage" your ranger has which you haven't explicitly called out is some power apportioned to a passive boost against trivial content - Headshot. That while killing trivial mobs in a level capped HA, you-playing-a-character-with-Headshot beats you-playing-a-character-without-Headshot is neither surprising nor cause for concern as regards class balance.

If that is the level of power and kind of power that you enjoy, well your course is clear : play Ranger! :) TEAR UP those Gribbles (kinda slowly) with Headshot (and not much else).