Beastlords

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sundance, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Sundance New Member

Looking for some info on the Beastlord class. I'm really struggling with this class and I don't really have any type of mentors in game, so figured I would come here and see what comes of it.

I'm 105 and mostly in TBM group armor since it's so easy to get, but do have a couple pieces of EoK group stuff. My pet ear is older at EM16, so I need to upgrade that to the EM18 from EoK.

As far as pet buffs. All I really see are Sekmoset's Aggression, Warder's Unity and Spirit of Visoracius. The Warder DPS seems pretty low. Averaging about 9k dps just by itself. Perhaps that is normal though.

My spam multi-bind key consists of:
    Slot 1: Hotkey
    /alt activate 15073 - Banestrike
    /alt activate 11080 - Chameleon Strike
    /alt activate 986 - Bite of the Asp
    /alt activate 247 - Feral Swipe
    /disc Maul Rk. II
    Slot 2: Beastial Evulsing
    Slot 3: Dicho
    Slot 4: Viscoracius Maelstrom
    Slot 5: Frozen Miasma
    Slot 6: Krieg's Bite
    Slot 7: Kromlus Lance - Roar if AE
    Slot 8: Kromif Lance
    Slot 9: Clamor of Claws - If AE

Everything seems to fire by spamming that multi-bind key. The DPS with just that is kind of blah, but not sure there is anything else to add to it. I really don't have much in the way of EoK AA's yet, so I'm sure the focus stuff would help.

As far as Burns, been doing it.
    Spirit Frenzy + Bloodlust + 1st Spire + Bestial Alignment + Feral Swipes + Bestial Bloodrage

Then hitting Roar of Thunder and Reflexive Sundering during this while adding in Attack of the Warders.

When Spirit Frenzy is gone, will hit Ruaabri's Fury.
    When Bestial Alignment fades, will hit Savage Rancor.
    When Savage Rancor fades, will hit Ferociousness.
    When Ferociousness fades, will hit Group Bestial Alignment.

Would that all be accurate or am I way off? Should I be grouping abilities differently?
  2. Duhbeast Augur

There is a lot of good info here. You are getting there for sure. One big thing you seem to be missing, is the revamped dots that came with late TBM I believe. Our poison dot seems to be the best, with ice second, and then disease. Our dots are expensive but powerful. The poison/ice are basically a nuke with a nice dot attached to them. We got a pretty sweet disc in EoK called Al'ele's Vindication. It adds 30% chance for another swing that round and adds a nuke component to every time that we dot while the disc is active. So I would recommend using Al'ele's any time you hit your main burn set there, and spam dots while mana lasts. See how it goes for that burn.
  3. Gashar New Member

Completely agree with Duhbeast, our new DOTs add a lot when combined with Al'eles's Vindication, spam our 4 primary DD's plus our poison DOT, then add and spam the abilities in a single key command. try using eagle strike which spams Asp and Round kick which spams feral swipe both on auto activate is also a great choice.
  4. Poote Lorekeeper

I concur with whats posted above. I don't recall stacking issues except between the alignments but even then Single trumps the group by values.

You can lose the /alt activates for asp and swipe, switch those out for /doability # (# is the 1-6 where ever eagle strike, round kick and tiger's whatever are). If it comes down to it you can roll all the burns in 2 buttons. The only ones i keep separate are the alignments and fury. I'm not a fan of the Ice AE DD Roar, i feel i get better single target with the previous lance line or the Ice DD/dot.

My Spell bar (pre ROS): Miasma, Kromtus lance, bite, Kromrifs Lance, Maelstrom, Glistenwing, Dicho, all tied to 1 key. Then Pet heal, single target heal, Focus (switch out for Pet swarm+Growl), SE, Fero.

Your Spam Hotkey looks similar to mine with some differences, i don't spam Banestrike, i don't see the damage from it.
    Line 1: Beastial Evulsing (switch to Savagery)
    Lines 2-4 had spam abilities Asp, swipe, Chameleon Strike (because of the deagro) (switched Asp and swipe to their respective abilities.)
    Line 5: Maul (will switch to Mangle once i get the Synergy AA)

And i have the first 7 of my spell bar and this spam key linked so one key fires them off and unfortunately i have to smack this key many times to account for latency.
  5. smash Augur

Do not like the linking of dots in your spam key as prevent other casting spells.
  6. Brohg Augur

In the order he listed, that's only blocking Dicho? hopefully he's active with keeping that greyed out separately