[Beastlords] AA mountain to climb - looking for advice

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Yinla, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have recently hit 110!

I'm now looking at the mountain of AA and don't really have any idea where to start. I just hit 20K AA so I have done some outside of the autogrant, but looking at the achievements I have more than double that still to gain.

Any hints and tips of which to get maxed out first would be more than welcome, also any which are not worth bothering with would also be a help.

I've been working on pet AAs. Is it worth doing the spell focus or leaving them until I get some of the others done?

With so many AAs and AA lines available it is a little overwhelming and hard to decide where to start.

Thanks for your help in advance, it is much appreciated.

Mudie
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think anything that increases mana regen\recovery. Anything that improves resist checks on your DOTs. And then...the pet. I found the BST class very mana dependent when I played one. DPS drops off a ton when you get LOM.
  3. Waldagar Augur

What is your play style? If you molo (solo with a merc) then you want to get your pet all the defensive AAs while you work on your DPS AAs. I would include mana regen AAs (Paragon, Focused Paragon, Consumption of Spirit) with DPS. You also want to be getting your healer merc all the healing AAs. Provide some more details about your play style and I can provide a more detailed answer.
    -Z-
  4. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

That mountain is one of the reasons why I stopped playing.

I'd recommend doing the Paragon and Focused Paragon lines and Consumption of Spirit early.
    The "Focus" lines are a waste of AA's - if you want to use the newest spells, you need to dump several 100 AAs into EACH before they do anything AT ALL.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you, I box a druid, but mainly as I'm lazy with running anywhere. Groups these days are very few and far between, so I spend more time boxing or soloing, I've been working on pet AAs up to now.
  6. Moldar Augur

1. Focused Paragon of Spirit, Paragon of Spirit, and Consumption of Spirit. Max all of the the available lines of these AA including any recast time reduction type AA for them.

2. PET and resist checks, get your pet AA maxed out. Overall these are going to help more in my opinion as making your pet stronger, hit harder, and be able to use their damage / tanking / "oh crap" aa quicker, sooner, more often is going to be the best option overall. You're pet (especially if soloing) is basically a free DoT that also tanks for you, so making him better is never a bad thing. The next step is to improve the resist rates of your spells, you cast a ton of Nukes and DoTs, each of them has a mana vs DPS cost, if you spend the mana, you want to make sure you are getting the most out of that mana spent, NOT a "your spell has been resisted" message.

3. Personal Burn and Defensive AA. Start maxing these out afterwards, your looking to now improve your melee DPS, by this point in time you should have started acquiring better weapons or maybe working on getting some better stuff, now is the time to work on boosting the damage of those even further.
    -- Combat Fury,
    -- Veteran's Wrath,
    -- Burst of Power,
    -- Beastial Alignment,
    -- Bloodlust,
    -- Group Beastial Alignment,
    -- Ferociousness,
    -- Feral Swipe,
    -- Frenzied Swipes,
    -- Frenzy of Spirit,
    -- Second or Third Spire (I personally use 2nd Spire on mine since it doesn't conflict with anything),
    -- Gelid Rending,
    -- Etc -- The idea making either yourself or your pet hit harder, faster, stronger.

However, doing a lot of extra swings, lots of procs from your weapons, the spells your already casting, etc means you're going to be generate more threat overall, and your pet / other tanks may or may not always be able to hold the monsters off of you. Meaning you need to also consider investing in some defensive AA
    -- Combat Agility,
    -- Combat Stability,
    -- Physical Enhancement,
    -- Natural Durability,
    -- Armor of Wisdom,
    -- Playing Possum
    -- Protection of the Warder -- The idea making yourself either sturdier, harder to hit, or reducing the threat that you generate.

4. Spell focus -- I would now start recommending to use any excess AA on the spell focus lines, these lines initially will not do anything for you, but eventually they will all benefit from the damage in some way or another, DoT's for example are much much more powerful than they used to be, so dropping a DoT down a level or two can still be beneficial (will you top a DPS meter -- NO, but will you still be either able to kill the monster or help your group mates killing it -- YES). Direct Damage "nukes" however, are prior levels do not scale as well, and thus those lines really will be fillers until you dump enough AA points into them to allow it to benefit your higher level skills.

5. Fill out everything else that is not generic tradeskill items.

Fill out anything in the Class and Archtype Trees first, these will generally overall improve your DPS, survivability, or mana, but in VERY minor ways.

6 Fill out the rest at this point

Now this is just what I would do, but if your raiding, then you may want to do it different, or may need to place more of an importance on other AA, but this assume your going to Solo / Molo and group when possible.

If any other Beastlords want to comment or provide additional tips feel free too
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you for your help, that gives me a great starting point! Also gives me a bit of encouragement that even with my limited knowledge what I was doing was on the right lines :)
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

BTW, I failed to mention earlier that I left like with my BST I turned the corner around 16 to 18k AA. So you should be doing pretty decent at 20k AA.
  9. Brohg Augur

I did not plan to, nor end up actually~, using my pet as the primary tank for most of my beastlording career on the way to high AA. So mana things first, and then I went right for +dps things, focusing on sustained boosts. Extra swings, more crits, and focus AAs : Miasma, Maelstrom, Chill, Blood, Claws, Mangle, Synergy. Only with all the relevant boosts to my own dps in my pocket did I circle back around for the pet AA. Now closing in on 30k AA and closing down the non-AutoGrant ranks of burn things
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Update on where I am at.

I've no finished all the paragon AAs (Spirit & Focused) and also Consumption of Spirit, I'm noticing a big difference in my mana levels.

I am now additcted to Playing Possum, I love this AA.

Currently doing a mix of Pet AAs (pet does do some off tanking when I mess up and get 2) and some DPS AA's.

Also picked up Skywing Threaded Sash that was rotting on the raid last night, it may not be the best one for my class, but I will get a bit of extra damage when I nuke.

Huge thanks to everyone who has pointed me in the right direction.
  11. Waldagar Augur

When it comes to the focus tab, skip down to the Synergy AA. It will take 1100 AA to complete it, but it will add more DPS to the group and it doesn't eat any resources and is activated every time you use Mangle. It also hits pets: 7200 additional dmg per hit x 20 hits x 5 toons/pets = 720,000 dmg every time to activate Mangle on top of what Mangle does. Sadly, it does not affect range attacks archery/throwing