Beastlord: which weapon?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Adeus, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Adeus Journeyman

2. Skalde Elder

Grittooth + claw of the di`zok unless you can find a shark's tooth club(EoK Rare) to go with grittooth. Shredder is too high of a delay and lower ratio than typical monk/bst h2h/1hb weps and the reason Grittooth/Shark's Tooth Club is best is because of the 8k proc + bloodlust can add a nice amount of dps.
    Yimin likes this.
  3. Stubar Augur

I personally would have used Grittooth in my MH and parse out the other two to see which one produces more dps consistently. For years upon years I generally used a slower harder hitting (usually a 1HB) in my off hand...keeping in mind that I always had blunt force up (not a game changer, but every little bit helps). I loved the slow hard hitting 1HB weapons whenever an expansion was released. It usually meant a new weapon for me that normally would have gone to rot. I would get tells saying that I shouldn't use that PoS weapon...blah blah blah, buuuuut week after week I would show up on the parse.

Beasts don't get any weapon specialization (unless they changed that) so there is no real advantage using a H2H over a 1HB that are the same ratio. Which combo that works for you is what you need to find out. Everyone has a different play style and will produce different numbers.

Coming here and asking for advice is the correct thing to do, and you should take that advice and experiment with it and find out what works best for your play style. Skalde's advise is sound to be sure and could possibly work very well for you; however, don't limit yourself to one voice. My advice may work, or it may not well.
  4. Brohg Augur

in EoK, you wouldn't have had the opportunity to follow that pattern. The slow 1hb the OP mentions is a significant tier of raids deeper than the fast h2h
  5. Lifeshriek Augur

Mainhand Grittooth
    Offhand Shark's Tooth Club preferably, and if Shark's Tooth Club isn't an option, Claw of the Di'Zok and maybe swap in for your offhand via bandolier Hornscale Blade during Bloodlust.
  6. Yimin Augur

In the EOK expac the best combo is Grittooth, Lizard Slayer - shark's tooth club ...For the Bst.... but keep that a secret I want to stay in top of parse hehe

YiMin