Beastlord weapons

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by smash, Feb 28, 2019.

1. smash Augur

Through my beast life 1h weapons always been the best compared to 2h weapons. But now there rumours that 2h have become better in sustained and burns as well.

So what is true 2h or good old 1h/h2h?

I still lean toward 1h but i will not put my head on the chopping block.
  2. Blarp New Member

Well I'm just here to follow as I was away for 3 xpacks so I'm here to learn. What I used to know I can toss in the trash as all my AA attacks are gone sad kitty
  3. Waldagar Augur

The new "enhancement" to our AAs that benefited 2H weapons closed the gap, but I would say 1h weapons are still the way to go. If you want to go with a 2H and still maximize DPS, make sure you go with the faster ones with the 23 or 24 delay. There are still times when you go up against a large DS and it makes sense to use slower 2H with the big damage number.
  4. Waldagar Augur

5. Lifeshriek Augur

It's going to depend on a couple of different things. As Waldagar alluded to earlier in the thread, Burst of Power (and also our Vindication discs) are boosting 2h while Gelid Rending (which doesn't currently work on 2hb) got an upgrade as well with the new expansion.
    My hypothesis at this point, as an endgame raider, is that during burns with like Ruaabri's Fury and/or Frenzy of Spirit running if you have Ascending Sun Battle Staff with Immortal Curio of Ondine Force you should run that setup. If you have Ascending Sun Battle Rod with Immortal Gem of Stone and Weeping Oblivion (which I believe is unlocked from the Mearatas raid) or Ancient Gaffi of Trorsmang (I don't personally like the current lifetap weapons, less proc damage with small heals is not so good in my book) with Venomous Tear you should probably be running those during sustained situations. Which set up you should use during sustained situations with Dichotomic Fury or Dissident Fury running is more a gray area for me at least right now.
    In conclusion though, Ascending Sun Battle Staff during burns. I haven't run very long parses of any of this yet, but I would like to see other people's results. If Gelid Rending worked on 2hb weapons I do have a feeling that 2hb would be the clear winner though for us at least with Ascending Sun Battle Staff. Hope that helps.
  6. Waldagar Augur

If your burn includes Bloodlust, then for 45 seconds procs become really important as well as the speed of your weapons. Two 18 delay weapons with quad procs running is hard to beat. If you are not swapping weapons specifically for Bloodlust then you are most likely leaving DPS on the table. As everyone knows, depending on procs for DPS is a wild card, but when they are landing it can be glorious ;-)
  7. Waldagar Augur

Quick comparison of the weapons I have against the guild hall dummy set to lvl 115

Auto attack only with BA/FS/BL/VV running

2 1H DPS set (RoS T1.5 Raid/Anniversary Raid) = 1.0
    LT Set (Ros T1.5/EOK Raid 1.0) = .823
    Stun Lock set (TBL Group 2.0/TBL Group 1.0) = .693
    Jewwled Hoarded Workers Sledgemallet 546/36 = .674
    TBL T1 Group 2HB Starbreaker 303/23 = .768

I can see how a raid 2HB with 23 delay could give two 1h weapons a run for its money.
    -Z-
  8. Brohg Augur

and to a real AC value? level has a small effect on spell/proc resists only. I can't prescribe an accurate number with authority, but around 5500 reflects the mitigation of debuffed raid bosses, empirically
  9. Waldagar Augur

5500 AC on a test dummy? Should it be that high? The 115 lvl dummy only had 450 ish AC. Was testing mainly to see how high a level the stuns worked and 115 was the max I observed.
  10. Brohg Augur

5500 was roughly last year's number, yes. I can't speak with authority as to whether TBL bosses need a higher setting to simulate.

low AC will tend to severely devalue procs since your regular hits (claw, strike, bash, kick) will be for max value nearly every hit
  11. Waldagar Augur

Dummy level 120, 5500 AC

LT Set (Ros T1.5/EOK Raid 1.0) = .900
    Jewwled Hoarded Workers Sledgemallet 546/36 = .644
    TBL T1 Group 2HB Starbreaker 303/23 = .837
  12. Waldagar Augur

Dummy level 120, 5500 AC

LT Set (Ros T1.5/EOK Raid 1.0) = .900
    Jewwled Hoarded Workers Sledgemallet 546/36 = .644
    TBL T1 Group 2HB Starbreaker 303/23 = .837
    RoS Phlogiston Battle Staff 361/23 = 1.04
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

Coool that's good to know 2hb gets competitive at some point with the changes. I'm very curious to see which era it switches over at. Right now on Phinny (85 in SoD) comparing a 2hb to 1h weps of similar tiers has the 2hb at about ~0.75. All the SoF - UF weps are in the 35-37 delay range too, won't have a faster one to test for a long while.
  14. Waldagar Augur

I suspect it this is only the case at 110 and only during a specific burn. Without the specific burn it falls back to 70%-80% of the two 1h weapons. You would have to setup audio triggers, but you would swap it in at the beginning of the burn then swap back in two 1h when Bloodlust runs out. I would have to do more parsing with different burn combos to find the exact cross over point. The quick parse I did for normal DPS with BS and Growl running showed it at only 70% of 2 1hs weapons.

My suspicion is that it is the 9K proc combined with Bloodlust is what puts it ahead. If that proves true, then it would be swapped in for the 45 seconds that Bloodlust is running during the burn then swapped back out.
    Boze likes this.
  15. Brohg Augur

This suggests that the Smoldering Skies dropped weapon may be about as good for this purpose as the Ascending Sun Battle Staff, saving a valuable muhbis. Does your Phlog staff have its "Immortal" Curio of Ondine Force yet?
  16. Adeus Journeyman

I wouldn't think so (unless I have misunderstood): in isolation the proc may look like for like, however the Ascending Sun Battle Staff will always win out and is definitely worth the muhbis, this is because we have to factor in the full variables;
    1. Smouldering Skies proc is fire, Ascending Sun Battle Staff proc is magic - TBL enemies are fire resistant, therefore often negating a fire attack
    2. Bloodlust is often paired Spirit Frenzy, therefore making the damage a weapon can inflict important as well during that burn (Smoldering Skies: DMG: 394 / Delay: 23 versus Ascending Sun Battle Staff: DMG: 414 / Delay: 23)
    3. Ascending Sun Battle Staff has superior stats (AC, HP, SD, HDex etc)
    The above is purely a numbers perspective and doesn't take in to account ease of access, for example muhbis' are high demand items and Smoldering Skies is approaching alt/rot status (at least for us), and therefore easier to obtain compared to muhbis'.
  17. Waldagar Augur

Nope, that is a 21 DMG aug in the 2HB.
  18. Lifeshriek Augur

If possible it's probably relevant to run some parses chain casting dots with Venon's Vindication running instead of just auto attacking. From Venon's Vindication Effect III:
    10: Increase Chance to Repeat Primary Hand Round by 30% with 46% Damage
    And, maybe as a result of this, we should ask for Gelid Rending to include 2hb in the future (or maybe a poison proc that is coded like Gelid Rending but for 2hb and maybe 1hp if that is something we'd want)
    Brohg likes this.