Beastlord + Round Kick

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Imukai, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Imukai Augur

Playing a BL on the TLPs and hit 65 to be graced with Round Kick. Never played a monk before so wasn't sure what to expect. I presumed, however, that it would be better than Kick.

I think I presumed wrong. Even maxed on skill, Kick does WAY more damage than Round Kick. I'm struggling to find a reason to use it.

I asked some monks - their response was basically "*shrug* been using flying kick forever"

So now I ask here. Is there something special about Round Kick to warrant its existence? Doesn't even have a unique animation (at least on Vah Shir).
  2. Szilent Augur

Feral Swipe (20) 115 ToV 30 / 207 - 1: Add Round Kick Proc (100% Chance)
    Cast: Feral Swipe XX
    This passive ability causes your Round Kick skill to trigger *@%N, an additional Round Kick skill attack with a base damage of *@#1.
    Feral Swipe XX - - 0s Target: Single
    Resist: Unresistable
    1: Round Kick Attack for 3000 with 150% Accuracy Mod
  3. Imukai Augur

Ok.. that's level 115? I'm asking at 65 when it is just a shared timer alternative to Kick.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

You should get the first AA rank of Feral Swipe at 65
  5. Waldagar Augur

If you auto skill roundhouse it will automatically trigger feral swipe. If you don't have any AA in feral swipe then you should stick with kick until you do.

Kick > Roundhouse
    Roundhouse+Feral Swipe > Kick

-Z-
    Khazad likes this.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Round kick + feral swipe doesn't beat regular kick for a while on TLP. I assume it's an oversight on the damage scaling for feral swipe when they gave us round kick. I bug reported it at the time on the old system but it never got noticed.

I forget exactly when, but I think it started parsing better around TBS or SoF. It picks up significantly later. At 100 now feral swipe does more DPS than my DoTs with burns running.

If you want to get it changed, run some controlled parses and post it on the bug forum. This might result in a nerf to Kick for TLP however.
    Szilent and Khazad like this.
  7. Imukai Augur

Looks like that is with Gates. Mangler isn't there yet. July I believe.