Beastlord questions...

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Gio-Cefalu, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Just wondering which set of skills/spells most folks are using:
    1. Wearying Bite vs Dire Bite.
    Wearying Bite seems to add more damage and endurance regen (although it's only 45 endurance total per proc). Maybe tanks and other melee classes like monk and rogue would benefit from the endurance? It does seem to do more damage since it has the magical damage proc.

Dire Bite on the other hand, has a nice debuff which reduces agility, strength, and AC for 24 seconds. I am thinking that while this one doesn't do direct damage proc, it may end up doing more damage to the mob from all sources because of the debuffs, and it also makes the mob hit your pet (or group tank) with weaker hits.

Maybe Wearying Bite is meant for offensive and Dire Bite is meant for defensive?

2. Focused Clamor of Claws (lvl 98) vs Eruption of Claws (lvl 117). I have generally used only the Focused line of attacks since they are single target, and I do not want to break any mez or root in the camp. Eruption of Claws seems great if your tank is swarming lots of little mobs, but I haven't seen a "focused" upgrade in quite a while. Is there some mechanic I'm missing here, or do folks only use Eruption of Claws when they know there is no mezzer in the group?

Thanks for your time.
  2. Iribabh Augur

Don't use Wearying.

Do use Eruption. Unless you are actively mezzing in camp in a group, or some weird wall / Z axis crap where you end up punching thru walls, Eruption is almost always the way to go. It does more damage single target.
  3. Gio-Cefalu Augur

What is so bad about Wearying Bite? Is it because the endurance isn't worth it? or because the proc is a DoT instead of a DD?

Regarding Eruption, if there aren't multiple mobs, will it make all of those attacks on the single mob instead?
  4. Iribabh Augur

Wearying bite only lasts 20 procs and the endurance doesn't matter. That's why you shouldn't use it.

Your choices which are actually any decent are Dire Bite and Spirit of Siver. Spirit of Siver is what your Unity buff will cast. It has a 2k dd / -12,500 hate proc on it. If you try and use this while pet tanking, you will have a bad time.

That leaves Dire Bite. Dire Bite, while not directly causing damage, does apply Cripple debuff to the target which is a fairly significant debuff as far as efficacy goes.

The only time I don't use Dire Bite is when I'm recovering from a death and quick summoning a pet, then I use Unity for the sake of brevity in getting back in the fight.
  5. Gio-Cefalu Augur

That all makes sense, and that's more or less what I had in my head anyway, but it's great to have the reinforcement that I was making the right move on the pet buffs.
    Iribabh likes this.
  6. Iribabh Augur

Oh to answer other question - yes Eruption will all hit 1 target if no other targets are available.
  7. Szilent Augur

it makes all those attacks against every monster it can hit, they are not split
  8. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Thank you.