Beastlord Pulling.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Xarbokk, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Xarbokk Elder

Hey guys. I was wanting to lvl my BST but was curious how well they can single pull. Can they use Pet Snare with dismiss pet and FD to break camps?
  2. Wakeup Journeyman

BST doesn't pull singles well. But if you're looking to pull everything you can for a group then they're fine. We do get FD AA but it fails often enough to be unreliable.
  3. Waldagar Augur

USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK...

At low levels before you get FD and other tools, if you have lots of room to work, and you are familiar with the zone pathing, you can use your old friend Flash of Light. Hit one of the mobs with FOL and then beat down the other one. Watch for the FOL wear off messages so you know when the other mob will be back. Sometimes the mob that runs off aggros other mobs and when you see them pop over the horizon making a beeline to you, hit them with FOL. This use to work great near the GE entrance in DSP back in the day. If things go south, zone into GE.

At higher levels with a decent pet focus, the temp pet is plenty beefy to off tank while you beat down the second mob. You usually have to cast a slow on the second mob to pull it off the temp pet and into camp. If the fight is taking a while cast another temp pet on the original mob.

Another trick is to make sure you have snare, sow, and a pet rune on your pet and then use it to snare one of the mobs. Call your pet back and the snare will separate the mobs due to the differences in runspeed. When the mobs have enough separation, FD and summon companion (may have to spam to clear pet aggro) Then send in pet on the mob close to camp, merc should be able to keep pet alive until you clear aggro on the second mob.
  4. Duhbeast Augur

I would recommend pulling and splitting with Playing Possom (FD). Pull the mobs to where you can see them, and wait till they separate naturally. It may take a few times. When there is one left, run your pet in to attack the remaining one and bring him back to you. Get back up when the others fade. Your pet will normally be able to stay alive with just 1 and your merc healing him.
    Derd likes this.
  5. The Raging Animist New Member

Beastlord can single pull and split almost anything in the game. Without wierd pet tricks (or any aggro on your pet) or a football field worth of space. I'm At work on my phone at the moment. I will post my guide when I get home.

Beastlord is a wonderful class ^_^
  6. Zunar Augur

You're pulling my leg :eek: :D
  7. Waldagar Augur

I bet he is going to tell us about "green" pet pulling... ;-)
  8. Duhbeast Augur

Rain of Fear snowball? You don't need a lot of space. It can be done in the Devourer of All room, if you know how much space is in there.
  9. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Does the snowball not have a level limit? Player pacify spells and abilities cap out at max level.
  10. Brudal Augur

[37848] Snowball
    Target: Line of Sight
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Social Radius to 10 up to level 105
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  11. The Raging Animist New Member

That's a dumb bet! I'm pretty sure I said "without any wierd pet tricks or aggro on your pet"

Anyway, that snowball looks great, i want one. I didn't know about that.

Beastlord splits require some work on your part. If taking some time to obtain the ability to split pull is something you cant be arsed to do, then it wont happen. Our FD AA has gotten actually pretty reliable if you are high enough level to max it out.

Code:
    Swollen Fungusbeast Gland

MAGIC ITEM
    Slot: AMMO
    Charges: 10
    Effect: Snare (Any Slot, Casting Time: Instant)
    WT: 1.0 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    These do not stack but have 10 charges of INSTANT CAST snare. They are also potion belt usable. With todays big bags you can fill a bag with these. A bag of 20 is 200 charges of snare and not hard to farm at all.

My beast hasn't been doing much past 100 as I was focused on TLP etc, but you can farm these (sorta-rare drop) glands from a quest in Fungus Grove, VERY easily.

Daybreak in their infinite wisdom gave beastlords a point blank AOE spell line after many years of not having one. At level 100, the best one available will 1-shot 98% of the mobs you'll farm at rank 1, rank 2 will probably 1 shot everything.

12. Draig Journeyman

I was wondering what silly snare or root clicky you were going to come up with. Totally not worth the effort imo.

Playing possum usually takes the full minute for mobs to forget you and you still need a fair amount of room for snare splitting. You must have been very, very patient to do it without pet agro. 9 times out of 10 it's faster to just Fortify Companion and forget about trying to single because two is no sweat anyways.
  13. Stubar Augur

Not sure if this trick will still work since I've been away for so long.

If you're trying to pull a named here's a trick that may work.

First off get a good pet and pocket it. Then summon a new one (no not a green one---they fixed that in DoDH iirc), pump it up with any damage absorbing spell you have that will stack, make sure that hobble is on him and and get a pet DA ready. Park your pet in your SS and go pull. Once you get back to you SS with the multi pull, cast pet DA, get him on the MoB you want, FD and of all goes well, you'll have the nasty parked where you want it to be. Once they forget you (this is not a perfect system by any means), get up, summon your good pet and voila. One named pulled.

It's useful to split up a camp if you are feeling lazy and don't want to fight multiples at the same time and want to cruise relax mode.
  14. Enkel Augur

You're only 1 Krono away from coming back and testing it yourself!
    Stubar likes this.
  15. Stubar Augur

Haha! I know right! I don't even know if I could play anymore!
  16. Brohg Augur

EQ so hard omg
  17. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Figured I would post here. I wanted to farm some snare clickies for my BL in Fungus Grove using the method listed above, but it has been patched so that you cannot use more than one blargrot at a time now. I found out the hard way after trying to stack multiple times (80 of them, 4 of them, etc). It doesn't matter how many you hand the caller. You'll only get one caller to walk down into the tunnels. This post shows the fix from October 2016 where it was patched:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fungusgrove-nerf.235605/#post-3471332

I figured I would share so that no one else wasted time on this like I did.

On a side note, a friend showed me a great way to split pull with the BL (I am still working on perfecting it). You'll need a little bit of space to make this work. If you cast your "Cry at the Moon" spell line on one of the mobs, the summoned pets/minions will attack that mob, forcing the other mob(s) to attack you. The summoned minions do not generate aggro for you, so when they die, that mob that is stuck back near it's spawn point will wander back while you take on the mob(s) that came to you from camp.

I hope that makes sense.
  18. Skewert Lorekeeper

I realize this post is like 1 1/2 years old at this point, but I wanted to clarify for anyone else who happens to come upon it (like I did) that this does not work any longer (if it ever did).

"The summoned minions do not generate aggro for you" - this may be true, but when you cast the spell/summon the temporary pet, it does one point of damage to the mob you cast it on, and that will aggro that mob and have it coming for you once your temporary pet vanishes.
  19. Waldagar Augur

It doesn't work the way it is described, but if you use FD you can get the split. You need to make sure nobody (merc) is healing the temp, so put the merc on passive as needed. If there are 2 mobs, you cast your temp pet on one and both start beating on the temp pet. Hit the other mob with a DD or dot to get him to run over to you. Have your warder attack the 2nd mob and then FD. Once the temp pet is dead, set the merc back to reactive.

The goal is to get the separation so you end up with the single mob.
    Skewert likes this.
  20. Exxodia Journeyman

I've had the pleasure of splitting and pulling the trash for PoF raid from TBL expansion. Moving quickly, 75% of the time you can single pull simply by using your swarm pet at further mobs allowing the closer mob to chase you. You need to angle yourself just right so the closest mb does NOT atk the swarm pets. FD when near raid for them to pull the one.