Beastlord Plus

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by bravoquest42, Nov 27, 2019.

1. bravoquest42 New Member

Hi guys, I am having a lot of fun playing around on a Beastlord and was trying to determine what would be the best class to box along with him. I have basically come down to the following three possibilities:

1) Druid
    2) Bard
    3) Necromancer

Anyone have any suggestions or experiences with these combinations? I figured Druid would help with healing and damage plus the utility ports are handy. Bard can auto melody a lot of benefit and is a solid puller. Necromancers have good pets as well and their dot focus should pair well with the Beastlord playstyle.

Is there anything that really stands out about one over the other? Is there something very obvious I am missing? I am still quite low leveled at this point so there's no giant gap to jump to catch up with anything.
  2. Garmr Augur

Bard, the aDPS for you and your warder, the CC with mezzes, the pulling, the bellow+VS, the run speed, the just about everything. Boxed a bard with my bst for a long time, wasnt much we couldnt handle, especially if you have mercs available to you. Even when I grouped with a full group of real folks my bard would come along to sing mana song out of group. Moved servers and play a zerker now, still box a bard. Love it.
    eepok likes this.
  3. Silver-Crow Augur

Hi Bravo,
    It depends what era you're in.
    If you have mercs then go bard/bst all the way, for the reasons mentioned above.

pre-mercs druid/bst is nice with the extra heals, and getting about, but bst pet heals are pretty strong too, and you'd miss the adps a bard gives you.

Necro/bst has it's moments, and works, but bear in mind that necros have not had the dot revamp that has long been fortold, but never delivered. It does mean, especially in later years, having to cycle through multiple spellbars just to get the best out of your dots. Bst is busy enough without that faff.
  4. bortage spammin lifetaps

Thirding bard, your pet is a beefy tank but tanking multiples with a pet is irritating so having a good puller / cc can remove that problem outright, plus they buff your dps considerably and bard dps is better than people give them credit for (though I still feel like it's too low)

Druids are good too but bard is easier to box than a healer and with the new expansion being full of undead you might want to consider the utility of bard group invis+ivu
  5. Tucoh Augur

Bard.

Other good options are shadowknight, warrior, berserker and another beastlord.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've done beast/druid and beast/SK, prefer the SK. :) Haven't ever considered bard so maybe that should be my next combination when I'm bored. :)