Beastlord Pet Taunt

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Imukai, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Imukai Augur

Lev 60 beastlord pet Spirit of Khati Sha

By itself, the pet is level 47 and taunts just fine.

Focus with Gloves of Dark Summoning, pet is level 48 and will not taunt at all.

I have tried toggling Taunt on and off - pet responds with appropriate messages about what it will do but doesn't actually taunt anything when it says it will.

I have tried toggling hold and ghold on and off. I have dismissed the pet and resummoned it a few times. I have gone to different zones.

Something is bugged on this focused pet.

Also the effect on Gloves of Dark Summoning (reclaim energy) does not work on a BL pet either. I hear the sound effect of the spell but the pet remains.

Edit: Mangler if it matters.
    Kudu, AntelopeRogue, Jerrek and 2 others like this.
  2. Imukai Augur

While this is nice during raids if I forget to turn Taunt off.. soloing it has proven to be a bit less than optimal.
  3. siodan New Member

Can confirm. I got the same gloves on Mangler last night. Same pet and same thing. The new focused pet not taunting anything. Kinda sucks - I rely on him taunting when I solo.
  4. Imukai Augur

As an update, Mangler got PoP this week. The lev 62 pet (Spirit of Arag) when focused by the same Gloves of Dark Summoning, bumps the pet's level by 1 (60 to 61) so the focus itself is working.

That pet will also not taunt.

I guess these gloves just make pets that won't taunt for Beastlords. I wonder if Warrior taunt broke how quickly they would fix it, or at least acknowledge that it is a problem?
    Duder likes this.
  5. Jondalar Augur

Multiple threads with multiple classes having issues with taunt for their pets.
  6. Imukai Augur

The unfocused pet taunts just fine.

Another update. The level 64 pet (Spirit of Sorsha) unfocused lv 60. Taunts. Focused lv 62 does not taunt.
  7. Kudu New Member

Came to post about this.
  8. Imukai Augur

New xpacs on Mangler as this thread dies a slow unacknowledged death.

LDoN has the raid-level Cherished Companion Shard which amps up the BL pet rather nicely over the VT/PoP ones.. but that pet is still unable to taunt.

Again, only the unfocused pets taunt. We'll see what Gates brings other than more disappointment.