Beastlord Pet Question

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sinestra, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Sinestra Augur

I was under the impression that Beastlord warders got bigger as you leveled up to a specific point. Is this true? I could have sworn they started out smaller and got larger up to a certain level or size.

I ask because the new Wood Elf Beastlord pets seem to stay the same size from level 9, when you get your first warder spell, to level 85. They barely reach your waist and that counts their head limbs. I thought it might look better as a pet if it got to be as big or bigger than the Wood Elf, but they look like bushes the entire time.
  2. Izcurly Augur

It's not a simple answer for all beastlords, it's a separate answer for each race that beastlords can be. You're finding out the answer for Wood elf. Whether that's what developers intended is an entirely different question.
  3. Romance Augur

I do remember beastlord pets getting larger as you leveled when they were originally released, but I also have a barbarian bst and his pet is no different from 9-100. The size effect may have been removed, with all the things people complain about now that seems like something that would have been on the complaint list.
  4. Gatash Lorekeeper

Just another thing to consider, which may or may not still be active depending on whether pet size scaling was completely removed, is that pet focus also has an impact on pet size. IIRC, summoning the 93 tiger pet with no worn focus caused it to be the size of a house. With the advent of pet focus items on loyalty vendor for lower levels, it's possible that they negated the size increases you expected. I'm not able to test this atm.
  5. Sinestra Augur

It's sad. As stupid of an idea as a bush pet was, it might have at least looked interesting enough if it had grown some and took on a more imposing size.
  6. Stubar Augur

Ogre bear still takes up half the zone when you summon one. Doesn't seem like it's gotten much larger since lvl 90 though.
  7. Gatash Lorekeeper

I did a very quick check last night. Focus/un-focus 97 Vah Shir pet is the same size but the top of tiger's back is level with my forehead, so it is bigger than it used to be. They must have stopped using focus to limit pet size once people started popping giant ones in the GL.

The fact of using a plant as a pet was the strange idea. But in reality, even if yours does happen to get bigger in the final levels, the novelty will wear off and double pet shrink will be the first thing you cast after summoning one. That's why I couldn't answer the question even after casting hundreds of pets, without specifically checking. Even if you can somehow tolerate being inside the graphics of your pet, your group certainly won't! :) Petamorph wand from marketplace?
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Sinestra Augur

I know on my pet classes I often shrink the pet since I don't ever raid anymore, the most I have to deal with is groups and I usually group with real life friends when I am not moloing.

I agree that a plant was a pretty strange idea, but the small look of it makes it look pretty comical. At least a small tiger, alligator, bear, and wolf still look formidable, there is nothing formidable about a little bush.
    Gatash likes this.
  9. Stubar Augur

Very true. TBH my pet is rarely in bear form. I like to to use the werewolf form mainly because if I don't, I'll forget if I've given him toys or not. If he's not got any weapons on, I know I slacked and fell asleep at the wheel and didn't give him anything.
    Sinestra and Gatash like this.
  10. Khauruk Augur

Warders maxed out at lvl58, iirc, or possibly the first PoP pet.

I don't believe the basilisk grows, and the gator was never very large. I don't recall the Iksar warder growing much, ever, as well. The wolf, cat, and bear all get reasonably larger than the parent race, though.
  11. Izcurly Augur

In the case of the tiger pet, Tiny Companion gets it smaller than any other form of shrink will. In fact, I block other forms of shrink on the pet so it doesn't "grow" because someone else cast shrink.
  12. Khauruk Augur

I think that's true for all of the pets. Certainly it is for the bear.
  13. Questoften32 Augur

I would never shrink a pet I wont even buy that spell, when I played that missbegoten game wow they tryed to put some shrink pet glyph in my pane and I destroyed the glyph, or removed it which was the best I could do.

If someone gave me the shrink pet spell, kind of snuk it in with some items in trade, I would drop it in a pool of lava if I could, then wash my characters hands. Size dose matter.

I would put up with a boatload of inconvenence just to have a larger pet even if I could not click through it.

There is an intresting bug I made a thread about where if you buy the white wearwolf pet illsion which I apply every hour on the hour no matter what I'm doing.

Anyway when it wears off for some reason your trent is 30 feet tall, which is awesome. I love the bug, but reported it just the same as I know it is a bug, and should not be that way though I ardently wish this was intentional.
  14. blood & gufts Augur

Since I am so friendly, then I can see you tired, so I would give you a small vacation, if that happened during time I would be grouping with you, and in a raid the same. ;-)
    Part of group/raiding is about making best conditions for people, and not wanna shrink pet and making optimal, well thats not good. And bad for the team.
  15. Questoften32 Augur

If a pet is not at least big enough so it looks like it could double as a mount then its too small. If I played a cat woman instead of a woodelf I would not want to be fighting with a house cat, but rather a full grown tiiger that looks like it could tear the enmeies head off, it looks ridiculious otherwise, cant take the dang thing seriously. Nor as a woodelf do I want a potted plant, escaped from its pot.

It spoils my character fantasy, and imersion. would be like going into battle irl with my small cat fluffy to attack large monsters, or my little dog pepper. They would just tear such pets apart.

Aperence is 30% of the game for me, lore 40%, and progressing, mechanics and such about 30%. I would not play a toon if there gear did not match or they were showing a defiant helm to cover there hair.
  16. JacklSK Augur

group or raid -- if YOU feel your pet needs to be huge, get ready to be alone with it, alot.
    Shrink is for everyone, pets first and foremost..
    If I (as a tank) cannot see my target due to someone else's pet, they get asked nicely to shrink it, then they get asked not nicely to shrink it, then get TOLD to shrink it ( but by this time I have probably spent 1.5 seconds doing it myself ) if the pet gets sized up after that, ..group lf 1 more
  17. Stubar Augur

Wow....giant pets are just terrible and all around inconsiderate in any group/raid situation. In the guild hall/lobby they are funny to look at though.
    Utdaan likes this.
  18. Questoften32 Augur

I mean for moloing fun.
  19. Squirrel10 New Member

Having returned after over 10 years away I am really disappointed in how my warder does not scale. Frankly, its just silly to be attacking a forest giant with a bunny slipper instead of a bear. I don't need a giant pet. But I do want to be able to see it in the tall grass or flowers. If they want to get rid of scalability due to group/raid visibility issues fine. But at least make the warder the size of a halfling or gnome.
  20. Gatash Lorekeeper

If you have just returned, I don't know your level. But pets towards the higher levels will be somewhat comparable to your height before shrink (I cannot speak about WE pets because I haven't seen many). But you're now in a game where regular-sized snakes would kick the backside of several dragons, and indeed you, so you will have to get used to it I'm afraid.