Beastlord in a group

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kendo, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Kendo New Member

So, i am by no means new to everquest however i recently created and leveled a beastlord to 105 because i have always wanted to try one and am now in the process of learning the class. I have read a few threads and most seem to talk of beastlord being somewhat involved when played correctly. I can surely decipher viable play methods, however any tips for grouping and solo play would be great in kicking off my Beastlord adventure. Thanks in advance
  2. Regazozo Journeyman

Just got back into the game myself, I am currently 1 kill from 101 (had to buy the expansion). I somewhat remember how to setup my macros for Melee, spells, and burns but I am sure much has changed since I last played. If anyone can direct me to a guide I will <3 you!
  3. Brohg Augur

The key is to cast bajillions of spells then scramble to keep up with yourself, mana-wise, by Focused Paragoning yourself constantly and group Paragon aggressively.

Make a multibind setup in Options(Alt+o)>Keys>select category:Hotbar 10, just set the first 7 or 8 Hot buttons to all be the same keypress.

Line up on that hotbar:
    Dichotomic Fury
    Visoracius' Maelstrom
    Frozen Miasma
    Kromtus' Roar (you'll sometimes mem Kromtus' Lance on your spell bar in this same slot instead, since Roar is AE. Roar is much better, though, you should use it by preference)
    Kreig's Bite
    Kromrif Lance

Make a social button with 5 lines to put in the same lineup with the spells:
    /doab 7 (for Kick)
    /disc Maul Rk. II
    /alt activate (Bite of the Asp)
    /alt activate (Feral Swipe)
    /alt activate (Roaring Strike)

To be a good beastlord, you hammer that multibind button with all the spells + attacks. All the time. You don't "pick your spot" or whatever, you jam it.

Make an audio trigger for Gift of Mana. When you get a Gift, pop one of the new-format dots on your target. Glisten>Kirchen>Hemo. Those are also fabulous if you're engaging a monster you expect to last for a full minute (that's not many), or if you know there'll be a med break after.

Tempest of Claws is left over to put on another button besides your multibind. Only reason is because my experience is that you can only have one button other than spells in a multibind, so the AE one may as well be the odd man out. If there's a functional arrangement to get it on the same spam button, you should find that out & use it :) Sometimes you'll use Focused Clamour of Claws instead, like with Roar/Lance above, since Tempest is AE, but Tempest is better.

You need a button for Companion's Relocation since pet gains ~30% dps when it gets to attack from behind. Doesn't apply if pet is tanking, but it should stay handy.

Once you're owning almost everyone almost all the time, just from being a prolific caster of spells, then you add discs. Aggressive use of discs will double your overall output. You'll have to ask a real bst about real discing, I'm just a solid amateur.
    Tanlie likes this.
  4. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

some of com abs have long refresh, i use 3 and 8 ish aa dps hotkeys together (15m refresh to stac all), then hit raven claw and chameleon to drop hate and protective/monkey for avoidance.

fast refresh com abs; maul and bestial are single targ, tempest of claws is close quarter aoe atk that will break mez.

i will cast dot then raven claw aa for the hate redux to build agro for /pet taunt.
  5. Rakknar Elder

You can also link the 8 slot combat window to the mash key and use up to eight discs there. This frees up room on the one hotbar social for more AAs. IIRC it Use Ability 1-8 in options.

Eq will use things in this order on a multibind mash key. Spell gem 1, hotbar social, combat window 1, spell gem 2, hotbar social, combat ability 2...etc. Spell cooldowns will allow more discs to fire off in the combat window if you are mashing fast enough.

This method is not just for beasts. All melee dps should be doing this (I'm not sure about casters). There is no way you can do good dps by single clicking every available ability. My dps class for example, will try to use 12 discs every fight plus a few AAs. Add to that epic, burning every 10 minutes, and long cool down dps enhancing AAs. It makes life easier to not have to micro manage the fast reuse discs.

Be sure that when you set up your multi bind that you put things in the right order.
  6. Rakknar Elder

For pure melee the order is combat window one then hotbar social.