Beastlord Help

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Taease, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Taease New Member

Ok started a Heroic BST yes I know I am a horrible person but I do have a 105 Druid and a 100 Ranger so I think I have all the basics covered just need little more advice. My Biggest problem is I will pull and let my Warder Tank it (taunt on) and as soon as I step into melee I get agro. What am I doing wrong?
  2. Brohg Augur

Nothing wrong. Pets (NPCs in general) can't tank for players. Their agro can be sky high, the rules say a monster will choose a player to target instead if one is in range.
  3. Reval Augur

I can verify what Brohg is saying. A pet can tank when to player is in melee range of the npc, but as soon as a player gets in range, the player will automatically become the focus of attention over the pet.

The only caveat is if the npc is rooted, and the pet is closer than the player, but the player is still in melee range. I believe in this case, the npc will still attack the pet because it is closer, but this would only work with root if it works at all.
  4. Taease New Member

Thanks guys now I know I am not doing something wrong.
  5. Lakeland Lorekeeper

Interesting, does this count for Mercs too? Or can a merc tank..tank.. And keep argo if I move to melee range?
  6. Stubar Augur

The merc "tank"...and I use the term loosely...in theory will keep agro when you are within melee range , however IIRC at that level without extra deagro help from AA's, bst's ganked agro pretty frequently. You should be able to back out and let the "tank" re-establish agro (lol...agro...sooo gud). At the end of the day, you would be better off with a healer merc.
    Lakeland likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Mercenaries are allowed to hold agro. Whether they're capable or not basically depends on you slacking, since active (i.e. good) beastlords are lil' agromonsters. Don't back down, make em work for it or fire his for a healer.
  8. Stubar Augur

True, however a great beastlord will build an FD/stand up key into his dps line up and not ever have to worry about ganking ago.
  9. Duhbeast Augur

Keep in mind that if you are not strong enough to tank yourself, you can stand out of melee range and hit (most) of your melee abilities from up to mid range, clamor claws, feral swipe, maul, abilities like that. As well as nuking and keeping heals on your pet when needed. Also keep in mind, our last 2 pet heals don't share a cooldown.