Beastlord DPS Rotation?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Dandin, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Dandin Augur

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone knew a respectable Beastlord who would be willing to share their spell line/AAs used to achieve maximum DPS?

I will return the favor by providing data pertaining to the class I play as a main

Thanks
    Dandin
  2. Recnarp Augur

I posted this on my guild's forum, and this was prior to CotF so it may be out of date. (but I doubt much has really changed.)

Most things are situational and depend on how well your raid synergy is. Add or subtract stuff if you feel you get better dps.
    Yimin and Reprisal like this.
  3. dwish Augur

Beastlords aren't worth it, too much work for too little results. You can click everything right and still just barely parse about chanters/bards on raids. My advice would be to pick another alt class, unless you just love having a stupid animal pet or are one of those people that love Vah Shir (I hate cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Play a REAL pet class and go with mage/necromancer.
  4. Recnarp Augur

Don't listen to dwish. Sounds like a troll.
    Stubar and Tarvas like this.
  5. Charrisx Journeyman

Played right a Beastlords sustained DPS is comparable to a Monks, it is no doubt a very complex class and in my opinion the most difficult class to play well because there are so many things you can be doing wrong to lose out on good dps, Beastlords are a great class to play and anyone who thinks otherwise obviously has seen people playing them that are terrible or they are terrible at playing a bst themselves and therefore have no clue to the potential of the class. I play a Rogue, but i have great respect for the people who can play this class properly. And let me tell you there are very few.
    Marton and Stubar like this.
  6. Litefoots New Member

with this burn I am getting 115K dps now thx man
  7. Moralius New Member

Hey Recnarp, I know this is an old post. I just wanted to say thank you as well. Helped me a lot!
  8. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I just found this post...

I'm a terrible bst only advice I can give is use your forehead to smash the keyboard...it's the only way.
  9. Stomped Journeyman

You speak as if you've had a beastlord beat on you sustained, wonder who :rolleyes: they ever fix that rogue aoe disc?
  10. Klak Augur

Why was this thread opened up from so long ago? However, a lot of people out there would benefit from the knowledge of the OP. Just ask players in top guilds who play a class if trying it out. A lot of people suck at their class even though they have played it for years.
  11. Stomped Journeyman

We were talking about it in serverwide, kinda my fault. I started necro'ing a lot of Stubar's post, dude was solid. I'm doing more DPS at 88 than a 97 rogue in my group.
  12. Gumby Augur

Could be my craptastic gear, but I don't understand how you all keep your mana.

Two mobs and the mana is gone with chaining 4 spells. A 60k mana pool at level 100 could be the problem though.
  13. Stomped Journeyman

Bards running Renewal Aura + Pulse + Chorus + I have a chanter in group for second spire and MR / para + self para. I still don't really "keep my mana" I just don't run out before we're done with the HA and get a short break between.
    Brohg likes this.
  14. Draig Journeyman

Consumption and Focused/Para on CD. Go get your Miniature Horn of Unity while it's still active from anniversary. Focus on your mana oriented AAs first if you are still having problems (def max both paras, consumption and gift of mana first, the others help but not nearly as much.) Even with lesser gear you should be able to make it through an entire HA just about the same time you oom, then para up on mount while zoning to next. Don't use DoTs on mobs that won't live long enough to get some value out of them - and with a 60k mana pool I would say not at all unless you are 100% certain you will get full duration out of them or you have a GoM proc up. There's not a lot to it, but you do have to pay attention and stay on top of it or you will fall behind and not be able to easily recover aside from medding for a bit. Bard and chanter are nice, but aren't required at all unless you are going full bore with 3x DoTs and nukes on everything you come across - and even then Bard dichot is all you need to maintain that. Smart use of your GoM procs and keeping your mana recoveries on cd is really the ticket.
    Brohg likes this.
  15. Stubar Augur

My suggestion to follow up on this is make a whack of audio triggers if you aren't totally diverse with using the GP overlay for timers. It can be a major PITA to set them up, however it's well worth the xtra dps and mana you'll gain.
  16. Zamiam Augur

my question is if i hit all of these at once I didnt think all of those stacked together so you say to actually hit first spire, bloodlust,BA,RF,FS, SR all at same time ? I do not have circle of power clicky .. I do have 7th and glyph , but im talking for group content .. running thru HA's mostly .. I do not raid.. that info above was for fights < than 60 to 90secs..

for longer > than 90secs and for sustained you say to do this

Long/Sustain Burn Order: // For > 90-120s+ fights // All these are clicked at the same time unless stated otherwise.

1. Glyph of the Cataclysm
    2. Intensity of the Resolute (7th Veteran Reward just for lulz)
    3. Circle of Power (lots have this now so no need to save it, or just click it in case you don't get Auspice)
    4. Bestial Bloodrage
    5. Breastplate
    6. First Spire
    7. Attack of the Warders
    8. Bloodlust
    9. Bestial Alignment
    10. Ruaabri's Fury
    11. Reflective Rending
    12. Roar of Thunder
    --->Do not continue past this until Ruaabri's Fury has faded.
    13. Frenzy of Spirit
    --->Do not continue past this until Bestial Alignment has faded.
    14. Savage Rage
    --->Do not continue past this until Savage Rage has faded.
    15. Group Bestial Alignment
    --->Do not continue past this until Bestial Bloodrage has faded.

5. breastplate (which breastplate ) only breastplate i have is CoTF which is a mana regen nothin todo with dps ?
    here after 12. you say do not continue past until RF has faded then hit SF and again dont hit SR until BA has faded but up in the area of <90sec fights you say hit them all at once ? im confused .. please help im trying to max my dps for burn and sustained as much as groupably possible .. ty again for any feedback ..hmm not sure why the second part of my post did not come out right .. txt is white hard to see..
  17. Reval Augur

hit autoattack and spin in a circle.
  18. Mashef Augur

Autoattack, send pet, cast feroicty, afk. Beastlord in their prime. What is this rotation stuff? Did they ruin EQ that bad in later expansions?
  19. Calcos New Member

Because it's relevance is super useful to people making "heroic" characters and haven't played in sometime 8)

Total noob not noob but noob returning here, by knowledge of the OP what do you mean? I hope not over powered that would be super helpful ;/

~Calcos
  20. Regazozo Journeyman

Not sure where you are getting your information. I will agree Beastlords are a bit of effort, but we can parse pretty high. I am normally 3-6 depending on how many zerkers and necros logged in. To dismiss the class out of hand because you didn't understand it or have only seen sub par players using it, tisk tisk.