Beastlord class should have tracking skill

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by iVALADYANx, Feb 15, 2017.

1. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

title says it all.
    Yimin likes this.
  2. Kunshada Journeyman

Why would that even make a little sense. If beasts get track lets give sk's 1 mil hp lifetaps, warriors port spells (and mana to use them) monks 2hs abilities and enchanters healing spells lol
    Gelido likes this.
  3. Gundolin Augur

I think it would make sense to give them some small amount of tracking. They are the master of the beasts but can't track a wolf or tell its prints from a dear?
    skattabrainz likes this.
  4. Kunshada Journeyman

In exchange for said tracking, what would be the class balance to that. They can already slow, buff, dps and ghetto heal. plus pets can offtank in a pinch(last time i was grouped with a bl at least) giving them another utility would be insane lol
  5. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

i would trade protective spirit disc; which saved me plenty of times, after pet got eaten. tracking is missing from the skill set, from a roleplay stance - wherein only neutral or good aligned races have tracking now.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Track animals would be cool and make sense. But a treant isn't an animal lol
  7. Stubar Augur

Bsts have a "ghetto" track. You run around the area where you want the specified MoB. Make a hot key /pet attack MoB. Spam and win. not the best, however it did me fine and even came in handy pulling to boot.
    Gundolin likes this.
  8. Sliders Journeyman

Having the warder track does make a lot more sense, I think the way things are isn't bad.
  9. smash Augur

Everything comes with a cost. And I dont wanna pay the Price for something like track!
  10. Avory Augur

Its not a bad idea but as someone said it would (should) be aimed at tracking animals only and somehow that seems like a lot of work for devs to program.

Change of class, I think Rogues should get AM 1 2 3 and warriors should get AM 1 and 2. Not Endless quiver.

All that being said I'd be on board with rogues getting track way before a BL. While I'm not feeling like ranger need anything other than a serious look at mana regen, giving up something by allowing other classes to do it weakens any class.
  11. Xikteny Augur

Gnomes should be able to tinker a clicky tracking radar or some kind.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Nah we don't need tracking, for one reason...They would add AA to improve it and we bsts already have a metric butt ton to get, yah they come pretty easily now adays but...God it's alot.
  13. Hellboy007 Augur

really at this point in the game being able to track or not track is no big deal. Let everyone track..

100AA per rank.

i dont know if they can limit tracking to a type of mob, but if they could you could enable those mobs base on slayer stuff.
  14. skattabrainz Augur

Flavor wise it makes more sense for a BL or ROG to have track than a bard, not that bards need anything removed from them (on the contrary).
  15. fransisco Augur

flavor wise, how does a bard play a lute with guantlets on lol
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I always figured the reasoning for Bards having tracking was because they were meant to be the ultimate Jack of all Trades. Norrath's Swiss Army knife. ;)
  17. Jyve Augur

IF it could be done, then...
    Bsts should get Track that only shows npc's with a bodytype set to 'animal'.
    Mages should get a track that works on 'summoned/planar' mobs
    Necros/Clerics/Pallies should get a track that works for undead bodytypes. Maybe split it down a bit that pallies/sk's get a 'sense /something/ that shows there's an npc, but doesn't give it's name in the track window, but necros/clerics get the regular list showing the full name of the undead creature to show mastery/understanding of the the threat).

Basically, anyone who got/gets a 'sense' spell, at higher levels/aa's/spells/abilities, get a track window FOR that bodytype.

Gnomes should be able to tinker a 'hand held radar' device that can track anything but only with a really small area (but still useful to narrow down an npc).

Then...
    expand the track window for rangers perhaps. Let them click on an npc in the window and get more details on it, (probably factions to start with, how long it's been spawned)
  18. Kobrah Augur

No bst track. Track is reserved for bards, rangers, and druids. Druid needs a skill bump btw.
  19. Dujonian Journeyman

i believe certain races (iksar/vah shir) should have limited tracking skill. They are lizards and cats after all...
  20. Stubar Augur

Don't wood elves get a limited form of tracking?

Edit: If that's the case, you have a choice to be good and be an Ogre bst then use the bst ghetto track or be an elf.