Beastlord Beta

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Gashar, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Gashar New Member

Pet haste buff doesn't work
    There is no SE/SV level 115 Feralist Unity spell
    Beastlords STILL have no Aura for their class like an Attack Aura? Hint Hint
    Hasn't been a ferocity upgrade since level 100
    Daybroke is losing players by the truck load because they have no interest in the game, and no clue what classes are disappearing from EQ like the Beastlords. I'm not sure at this point if i'm buying the new expansion if its anything like TBL. Daybroke wake up as you try to complicate raids to the point they aren't winnable until the release of the next expansion due to broken content left unfixed or lack of needed classes or worse lack of player interest.
  2. Szilent Augur

what about pet haste isn't working? You've made no notes in the Beta forum. I just checked, New Companion's Unity is definitely trigger-casting New Tremendous Velocity & New Spirit of Beramos as expected, and New Tremendous Velocity has the expected increases to Atk & Accuracy for the warder.

Unity buff I think is a non-level expansion spell for beastlords?

Beastlords have never had an Atk aura, and won't ever. That's not a bug, or a lapse. Just don't have one.

No new Fero is… a little sad, I guess? but means everyone's existing rank 3 buff is already as good as it gets, already on day 1. Hard for me to get worked up over buffs.

I don't know what the rest is about. The last time a raid wasn't winnable before the next expansion was ... Overlord Mata Muram? or Tunat Muram in Tacvi?
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Marton Augur

I assume this is about Mearatas? 11 guilds beat it.
    Duder and Sancus like this.
  4. Marton Augur

I'm going to correct myself, 12 guilds now.

Congrats LU!
    Svann2, Duder and Szilent like this.
  5. Miriah New Member

Obviously you arent in beta he's right the new pet unity does not cast new has just its spell proc and no haste, as for Auras, there needs to be a beastlord aura, you really should try beta, btw TBL sucked and the new expansion appears to be just as bad
  6. Miriah New Member

BTW Beastlords have had far more nerfs than upgrades, they should get a aura, they do need the level 115 unity upgrade to level 110 unity for group and raid buff, the lack of upgrades is why there are so few Beastlords left in raiding guilds, Ferocity does need an upgrade or an additional buff component maybe a hp increase component, people that come on here talking against these types of upgrades are doing the class no help and likely that's their intent as these upgrades do help promote the class
  7. Tolzol Augur

While I’m 100% with y’all that beastlords could use a boost.... i highly doubt and do not think buffs/auras are something that would make people want to play a beastlord. The main issue i believe they should look into is yalls mana usage cus I’m pretty sure that is the reason most people have such frustration with playing the class atm.
  8. Lifeshriek Augur

From a beastlord raider's perspective, mana woes are definitely a thing, however mana is a means to an end and DPS is really where we need a boost. If that is done with mana boosts that would be great, but there are a lot of other avenues they could use to alleviate the lower DPS (if they are unwilling to grant us better mana regen, mana conservation etc) that we experience than other classes we should be equivalent or better than at it such as increasing dmg from DoTs maybe via AA or just base increases, accuracy boosts on our autoskills, boosts to our passive hit mod AA Innate Fury, Combat Fury AA boosts, and maybe some AA to boost proc dmg amounts such as for weapon procs and sympathetic procs, and either creating an AA for an equivalent of Gelid Rending for 2hb that is a poison resist check or just make Gelid Rending also work with 2hb. Those are just some examples of things I think would go a long way for us DPS wise.
    Zildjiin and Eyezing like this.
  9. Szilent Augur

I logged onto beta expressly to check it when I made that post. New Companion's Unity definitely cast both New Tremendous Velocity and New Spirit of Beramos. For funsies, I went and checked again this minute, annnnnnd New Companion's Unity definitely cast both New Tremendous Velocity and New Spirit of Beramos.

There's no obvious hole that needs filling with a beastlord aura. Half the classes have an aura, half don't. You really need to present a "what" and a "why" to go with that assertion of "need", cause I'm not seeing it.

You'll have to enumerate those supposed nerfs for me. Bst are doing great. The most powerful spell in EQ four years running with Dichotomic, good personal dps that's only gotten better with the dot revamp & Vindication added in EoK.

Bst not being good enough is NOT why there aren't more raiding bst. If anything, the opposite is an issue with there being so much a bst can contribute that performing to expectation is challenging, players wuss out and go for easier classes.

Ferocity is already a great buff. Everyone who swings a weapon wants it.
    Zunar and Duder like this.
  10. Tenken Augur

Only concern i have for beastlords in [Torment of Velious(also expected)] is the amount of resisting :eek:.

(atleast for names, i should say and can't say for raids since haven't been on any)
  11. Zunar Augur

Playing a beastlord to a higher capacity on raids is challenging. I like it myself, but I know some see it like a chore.
    You can reach the top ten on parses with way less effort on any other class.
  12. Apricots Lorekeeper

Mana problems you say?

*Ranger stands up and clears his throat*
  13. Mazame Augur

We are talking EQ 1 here right? from the comments above I not to sure.
    Pet haste not working have you /bug reported it ? they are currently working on spells and I believe this one is being addressed but /bug report will get it fixed faster then posting here on the forms.

No aura? why does every class need an aura? we already have enough thing to maintain lets not add another one. (if they give us a new spell I would much rather see focus of claws)

Ferocity not up graded ( fyi many classes have spells that are not upgrade example chanter twin cast) an upgrade would be nice but it not needed. Maybe that could make Ferocity an Aura to make you happy that way we could cast it once vs having to rebuff it when people die.)

Losing player by the truck loads? where is this data from ? I sorry but I disagree with it until you can show me the data.

" your not buying ToV if it anything like TBL"? have you play in beta at all ? I not seen it be anything like TBL. there is more undead than ever before. TBL had a lot more group missions but other than that I not seeing it being anything like TBL.. TBL was lock behind progression ToV not. I could go on.

Beastlord DPS well ya it could be better. yes we have to work for it to put up the numbers.

ToV raid being hard? I have to say I am not feeling that at all.
    T1 raids are very simple.
    T2 raid yes they are harder but still I feel they been nerfed to the point they again are not that bad. If you follow emotes
    T3 raids on these one may give some guilds trouble but they are doable. Again it comes down to follow emotes.

If I wanted a easy game I would go play Wow. I think the idea behind the raids are good just wish they make them a bit harder.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Zunar Augur

While I can enjoy harder raids like the next guy..issue we have in EQ is that hard expansions make raiding guilds fold.
    The hard core players wanna beat the raids.
    When they can't they move on.
    The very top raiding guilds don't notice this...they on the contrary absorb the hard core players from the struggling/folded guilds.
    EQ raids need to be more accessible to attract a wider audience of players.
    Else we won't have enough subs left to keep this boat still floating.
  15. Mazame Augur

As i understand what you are say and know that people do feel that way, I tend to disagree.

most guilds that are struggling and losing people I feel is due to the leadership of the raid.

A good raid leader is able to use the raid force to beat the raids. many of top raid guild have beaten events with less then a full force.

The new ToV raids are in 3 tiers. T1 should be beatable by 80% of the guilds out there. as there is nothing very hard about them as long as you can follow emotes. If your guild is not able to follow emotes then I don't think you can call them "hard core players"

T2 and T3 raids ok those will cause problems for some of the guilds as they do require more effort and planing. but they are still beatable.

When I moved on from from a mid level guild to a higher end guild it was not because we were not beating events. I moved on because the guild was not progressing at all. The leadership was unwilling to make changes that the guild needed. They would not try new strategy. They refused to go back to gear up new apps as they would rather just wipe over and over again.
    Doing the same thing for 4 months with no signs of improvement or even a desire to improve is why I left. having returned from a 3 yr break I had asked my CL about the "alliance spell and setting up to use it on raids." I was told he didn't bother with it. This is why I moved on. I would have been happy not completing the exp with in the year. But I was not happy with a guild that was unwilling to put in the effort.

The question becomes do you have the right leadership ( class leads, raid leader, etc ) that helping to push the guild to do better be better. or has the leadership be come complacent and ok with where they are and in turn it members are looking for something more and are moving on for that reason?