Beastlord and Wizard merc?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by ceto, Nov 14, 2018.

1. ceto Elder

I'm thinking of making a beastlord and using a Wizard merc once I hit lvl 50 or so to speed up kills. Has anyone tried this? I was wondering if it was doable or if the wiz merc dies to quick at higher levels from the tougher mobs.

Thanks
  2. Waldagar Augur

Under level 70 you should be using a tank merc. He does nice damage and will speed up your kill rate. He also has incredible regen.
    Daedly likes this.
  3. Sazarac New Member

I haven't parsed it since 105 but rogue merc did 30k dps average in group setting. Wizard was closer to 22-24k. Beast buffs help melee way more than wizards. If youhave a good bard or chanter it might be worth using a wizard merc situationally. My beast uses a rogue merc only. May get a cleric if I ever get around to increasing slots but so far very little need.
  4. Regazozo Journeyman

I do this at 110 with a melee mercenary when I am feeling lazy. It works, but honestly the xp will go faster if you just solo without the merc.
  5. Lakeland Lorekeeper

I’m like level 17 (just started) and I’ve been using the Cleric J1 because I figured as a melee class it made sense. You are saying I’m better off using the Tank? Haven’t tried it by with my crappy head who’s healing when needed?
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Wizard merc on AE Burn is by far the best option up to at least level 60. Pull as many as you can survive, hint it will be at least 4 at a time.
  7. Ultrazen Augur

Tank merc to 70, then either DPS merc.