Beastlord alliance spell

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by smash, Nov 22, 2016.

1. smash Augur

Seems it could be a lot better.

A lot of guilds got 2 beastlords max in their raids, so it will be very hard to get the fulmination effect out of it for beasts.
    So if 2 beasts in raid, 1 beast need to cast 4 dots, thats around 35000 mana. Meaning having to have memorized 4 dots, or 3 dots and recasting 1 2 times.
    IF 3 beastlords, then each beastlord need to cast 2 dots.

As they got 3 types of dots, so each beast will need to coordinate it with each other. No other dots running, or they Waste rest of the dot effect for a specifific dot.

Other classes do their alliance as part of their natural Things, like necro casting dots, healers casting heals, wizards DD and so on.

Beastlords are rather handicapped in that regard, and their alliance should really be based upon their DD.

Hope some DEV will take another look into it.
    Tanlie likes this.
  2. fransisco Augur

Everyones alliance sucks.
    Theres FAR more reason to have 4 beastlords on a raid than 4 enchanters.
    AT least BL dots are insta cast. Enchanter nukes are SLOW to cast to boot
  3. Waldagar Augur

The biggest problem is you can't even tell if it is working. There is no message and the big damage portion is not assigned to anyone. Bored? Try this one: Load up the alliance spell, the 96 poison dot, and all the 105 dots. Make a hotkey to cast the alliance, 96 poison dot, 105 disease, 105 cold, then the 105 poison dot. You need to hit the mob with 4 dots that do more then 3000 dmg and have a duration of 18 seconds or more. Check the parse for the mobs total HP. Kill the same mobs without using the dots and check the mob's total HP. Is there a 2-3 million HP difference? Let me know what you find other then an empty mana bar.
  4. Yimin Augur

I am still firm believer DD much better DPS and better for mana .

Yi Min
  5. Waldagar Augur

Are you getting 2,400,000 damage from nukes in 18 seconds? You want damage or the comfort of a full mana bar?
  6. Yimin Augur

I want to be top 10 on my raids parse like I am now ..I don't see the Dots doing that for me , but like always am willing learn new things , can tell me set up for the dots ...

Yi Min
  7. Waldagar Augur

Depending on how the dmg gets assigned (eventually) we may all have to adapt for these new spells.
  8. Waldagar Augur

The setup I tested is in my prior post. If you want to be more mana efficient you could substitute the 97 disease and 99 cold dots. There really is no good way to test it since there is no message. The only way I found was to look at the parse and check the value for the mob's total HP. Since the damage is not assigned to anyone it basically would show up and missing HP for the mob. My testing is not conclusive, but I was seeing 5-8 million HPs on the mobs and using the dots the mobs were only having 3 million HPs. The problem was, I was in a group and everyone was testing out the new spells. You can't test it out on a dummy (already tried that).

We need other BSTs to test it out and report back their findings.
    /pause 35, /cast venomous aliiance
    /pause 35, /cast 96 poison dot
    /pause 35, /cast 97or 102 disease dot
    /pause 35, /cast 99 or 104 cold dot
    /cast 101 poison dot

Yes, the 101 over writes the 96 poison dot. Can you just spam the 96 poison dot 4 times? How about just spamming the 97 disease dot (lowest mana usage) 4 times? Test it and report back your findings.
  9. Brudal Augur

Doesn't it have to be a different beast casting the dots due to

10. Vados New Member

It has to be different bsts casting the dots for the effect to work. I havent been able to parse the damage, and can't find the "big hit". But there have been a couple times where I know it has went off and its an insane amount of agro. Already got me a few times :(
  11. Stubar Augur

You could find out which way is better...it would however take some tedious work, a chit load of time and it would depend if the lower level arena dummies are kill-able on the test server. It's been so long that I don't really remember.

All you would have to do is summon one until you find one that can be killed in your average "burn" setup. Run a DoT *cough*garbage*cough* burn and a nuke burn 20-30 times each (as many as you can stomach would be better) and see what happens on average.This is all dependent on if I'm understanding the problem stated above about the parser not registering that damage.

Before anyone says "with a Bard you can" and "With an Enchanter you can" I'm just taking about finding out which setup does best vs each other. Also taking into account different toons have different focuses and mods to affect different types of damage. When I was still playing, I always took into account the worse case scenario for raid setup so if I did get support I could really shine.
  12. Brohg Augur

Your alliance has to be fired by other beastlords. Ours only load Chill & Blood since their initial hits are, independently of the Alliance, "teh hotness" on burns. Loading Hemo as well would be a way to be more efficient, but the right answer is probably to recruit a 3rd beastlord.
  13. Brohg Augur

Bit out of touch where this is concerned.
  14. Kobrah Augur

The fulmination damage triggers from either 4 ticks going off or dots being casted ... so if a mob has 2 dots from 2 other bsts and I cast alliance, when their dots tick it will trigger fulm. If theres only 1 other bst ... when the dots tick twice or the bst casts dot again, it will trigger. Theres no damage readout. The alliance has been fulfilled triggers but no damage reported.
  15. smash Augur

But then the description of the spell is wrong, as it says if 4 spells are cast upon the target within 18 sec.
  16. Stubar Augur

More than likely correct. Zero desire to find out either. I just happened to reply to some PM's I had received and was only offering a possible way to check things. I'm sure that anyone who is anyone knows that my views are old and antiquated. I pulled a "Costanza" when I quit and plan on leaving it that way.
    Yimin likes this.
  17. Duhbeast Augur

It seems like the alliance spells stack, does that seem right. So all 3 of our beasts can cast alliance, and cast 2 dots each, and all 3 alliances trigger. That's pretty sweet, but I assumed we would be forced to rotate the alliance. Can anyone else confirm this?
  18. Brohg Augur

By my logs, it appears there's a thing with different ranks of the spell not overwriting. For all classes, I'm encouraging all my guildmates to treat the spell as if it's working properly, to learn the needed cooperation ahead of the inevitable fix.