Beastlord AA Ideas

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Astran, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Astran Elder

Elidroth has opened the floor for AA brainstorming. I'm not sure who the Beastlord community rep is, or if we even have one, but let's see if we can organize something coherent here:

From the main thread, Stubar posted:

Hastened Fury---AA timer reduction for the Nature's Fury line (with events being short and targets being so close to each other this would be really nice) 5 ranks taking 1 min per rank.

Hastened Claws--AA timer reduction to the claw line (Tumult/Clamor/Focused Clamor). 5 ranks 1 second rank

Bestial Frenzy--Another three ranks would be nice. Hasn't been touched since HoT

Focus of Polar--As most of our nukes are now cold based a version of Focus of Animus 12-15 ranks to bring it up to par with Animus

Control of the Gelid-- An AA that lets you control if you want to use Gelid's claw.

...and Zarhym posted...
    Only thing I'd add to this for BEASTLORD is possibly a few protection of the warder ranks, I know it's not everyone's forte but I use it still.

Here are some of my ideas:

Hastened Focused Paragon of Spirits: Change the reduction to 0.2 seconds per rank, and add two more ranks, so that fully maxed this spell is instant cast. The returns on this AA are small enough that it would be a dps improvement, especially for raiders, without being overpowering.

Bestial Vulnerability: increases the base damage of direct damage spells when a damage over time spell of the same resist type (cold, poison, or disease), and within 10 levels of the direct damage spell, is active on the target.

We keep getting these neat and nifty damage over time spells every expansion, and every expansion they go into the back of the spellbook because they're not enough dps to be worth the global cooldown from casting them. This AA would give us a reason to load and cast those damage over time spells again, and put a little more thinking into our dps rotations.

Taste of Blood: Change this AA so that it triggers when either the warder or the beastlord gets a killing blow.

Summoner's Diminution (this could apply to all pet classes): Permanent summoned pets cast by a player with this AA will always be summoned at the smallest possible size (i.e. if you have this AA and summon a pet, it comes pre-shrunk).

Warder's Grace: grants any AA healing improvements the beastlord has to the warder as well.

I'd also like to see more ranks of Bestial Frenzy, Burst of Power, or any new AA that improves our double and triple attack skill.
  2. smash Augur

Would say:

Bring Focused Paragon of Spirits up in power.
    Group Bestial Alignment (2-3 ranks)
    Bestial Alignment 2 ranks
    Primal Fury (2-3 ranks)
    Burst of Power (3 ranks)
    Thing that give double attack skill increase.
    New FD that drops aggro instantly, reuse 3 min, like casters.

Extended Natural invisibility
    Extended Bestial Alignment
    Hastened Nature Fury line
    Hastened Bestial Bloodrage

I hope that there will come something out of the suggestions!
  3. Zanarnar Augur

Ya I agree that our FD could use a fade component too; maybe like the monks give us another aa on a much longer reuse that is a FD+Fade, just leave out the hastened AA's so monks don't get upset.

Personally I'd like to see an update to the slow aa that adds either a small hp/mana/end return when hit by the mob we slowed (similar to the shaman's umm Mending Counterbias i think its called?) or some other recourse unique to us ( maybe a 5-10%-ish reduction in the slowed mob's crit chance? maybe give whoever the mob hits a short-duration bonus to block/parry? Just some thoughts)

I'd also like to see us given a bump to RunSpeed8; one of our parent classes has it so it wouldn't be that out of line, and with Pact of the Wurine not stacking with mounts, it would be nice to not have to click it off every time I need to run across a big zone (cough EW cough)
    Tazzytu22 likes this.
  4. Greyowl Augur

Id still love an AA that "equips" the pet...mage pets come equipped apart from weapons, why not ours (or necro's). That preequipped gear does not have to match mages gear stats, but give us at least something. Its really annoying to bug mages for pet stuff and an hour vor two later your pet dies, or even worse you die and you have to beg for another 2 sets of gear. So:

Armored warder: 3 ranks, 12 / 15 / 18 AAs, last rank summons a warder with statwise 66% of mage's gear stats.

And not to derail:
    Pact stacks with drogmors. So if you use a SC Mount, you might wanna consider switching.
  5. Gragas Augur

You can forward me any beastlord concerns and I will make sure to send them on their way and CC you as well for peace of mind.

RF all the time for my group would be greatly appreciated for my cooperation:)
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Reprisal Augur

Lion's Pounce- Similar to Cheetah pounce, but instead of launching the beastlord forward a set amount, the player leaps into the air and lands at their opponent's feet. Essentially battle leap without the damage mod.

If that's not possible, wouldn't mind a short duration runspeed increase AA.

Hastened Fury would be really nice to see. And the usual dps AA suspects.
    Tazzytu22 likes this.
  7. Khauruk Augur

Thanks, Gragas - I've been out of game too long to keep track of who is still playing, who isn't, and who has dev access.
  8. Zahrym Augur

You can't hasten any spell more then 50% of it's full casting duration without editing the spell itself, this has been said repeatedly in AA inquiries which is why no one has asked for further ranks.

Hastened Focus - You can't hasten any spell more then 50% of it's full casting duration without editing the spell itself, this has been said repeatedly in AA inquiries which is why no one has asked for further ranks.

Beastial Vulnerability - No, just no.

If you want to make dots viable we need the increased DoT damage AA's/Dot Crit chance, not a reason to twist nukes and dots.

Taste of blood - Fine how it is IMO. If beastlords want a proc that's seperate we could just ask for the effect to be applied to the player as well as the pet if either lands a killing blow.

Dimu - I guess? Idk, takes .5 seconds to get it to small size with the existing aa.

Warder's Grace: grants any AA healing improvements the beastlord has to the warder as well. - Fluff really but to each their own.
    Tazzytu22 likes this.
  9. Ranar Lorekeeper

I'd like to see some form of synergy attack aa that is linked with the pet. something passive i would hope. lets say if we and pet are attacking side by side or whatnot. we have a chance to deal out a bonus attack of some measured power or we receive a buff that gives us a short duration of frenzy of spirits. something along those lines. kinda just tossing this out there. the how/what i have no clue. I just think be something cool to have, and would really tie well into our lore. our warders are not pets , but partners. love to hear what others think of something like this.

I would like to see a new rank of playing possum . the added rank grant us a recourse invisibility buff on a successful playing possum.

Focus paragon of spirits is very outdated on the mana gains of it. This line really needs a big boost to it.all those years (think was 5 years) it was a straight 9 mana regen increases. last xpan we finally got a small boost to it, but it is in dire need of a bigger boost when compared to the mana pools of current toons.

just couple ideas here besides the normal added hasten/extend aa's and continue the other good aa's that is mentioned above.
  10. Astran Elder

I also would like to see endurance regen greatly increased on paragon, and added to focused paragon.
  11. Zunar Augur

I like some of the above ideas...One that comes to mind I'd like to add:
    --Savage Call - Instant activated AA
    a 6 second buff that makes our swarm pet spell always produce 4 pets
    Reuse 3-5 min
  12. Zahrym Augur

So an idea for folks asking for taste of blood to trigger for beastlord OR pet getting a killing blow.

How about:
    1) Primalists Mastery of Combat, if you land a killing blow on an NPC You and your pet go into a bestial frenzy granting XXX all skills damage/tripleattack whatever.
    2) Beastlords Mastery of Weapons, h2h/1hb/1hp/2hb either flat +Dmg on attack or have a chance to proc something like Fists of Fury/Bestial bloodrage for you and your pet, or your pet

Thoughts?
    Stubar likes this.
  13. Zunar Augur

There seems to be a wish to make our dot spells viable, so I had an idea..how about the following:
    We cast a buff on ourselves that makes our dot spells crit rate go out the roof and increased crit damage for say...1 minute.
    This buff could have a 6 second cast time. Recast 1 min.
    This way we could use our dots for ranged fights, but we would lose damage sustaining this through meleeing because of the 6 second cast time of the buff.
  14. Zahrym Augur

Problem is even in range with how our ratios work atm it's better to nuke, you have 2s~ downtime which you can feralgia in.

In order for the dots to actually over-take the math would have to be done, but our best ratio is the AA (bite of the asp). I know the math was done in RoF but not yet for COTF, and we would need something like a 340% increase on the flat damage without receiving the improved DoT damage AA's.
  15. Stubar Augur

I agree, unless they do something amazing with the damage or get rid of the global cool down, DoTs just need to go away. DoTs are just one of those things that never got scaled up with everything else. They were okay a loooong time ago...now they are the redheaded step child of the Beastlord.

And I bet my bottom dollar they won't do either of those things to the DoT line.
    Reprisal likes this.
  16. Zunar Augur

I agree...the best solution imo would be to delete our dots, and add that power to our nuke spells instead.
    Ages ago when I remember still using our DoT spells, we didn't have Feralgia, Maelstrom, Icevenom nuke, Bite poison nuke line...we only cast ice nukes (all ice nukes were unlinked) and DoTs..they fit better into the spell-casting rotation back in those days.
    Since then the DoT spells have just gotten the copy-paste treatment and followed us around for every expansion.

But...like you said they probably won't delete them.
    I don't know how often I've posted about our dots, but hey...maybe one day someone will listen and we'll see a chance :)
    Our DoT spells:

A) don't fit in our spell rotation (global cooldown timer makes our other spells dps suffer)
    B) Our DoT spells appear to be mana-efficient damage. damage-per-mana...but when playing in a group, half the DoT duration is lost when the mobs die in half the time it takes for one DoT spell to run it's coarse.
    C) Our DoT spells get resisted way too much to make them worth the time (dps-loss) or mana.
    D) Even when soloing and the fights last longer, when our DoT spells might be worth something....sadly they just prolong the fight and you end up wasting your mana on more healing until the fight is over :p

Conclusion....Our DoT spells are what they have been for several expansions...not worth using.
    Ever since out-of-combat-regen was introduced, it's not about conserving mana anymore....it's about burning as hard as possible, and med up AFTER the fight is over.
    Our DoT spells should be overhauled completly to reflect this more agressive playstyle at hand today.
  17. blood & gufts Augur

But who would ever use that, with 6 sec cast time ?
    How much is that in lost dps? It might be used if it is not a spell + the 3 dots beasts got is combined into 1.
  18. Greyowl Augur

Id still love a "runspeed for warder" AA ... SoW speed would be good enough
    beryon likes this.
  19. Apex Elder

While we're asking for basically useless AAs, lets get a extended/hastened Pounce line also
    Zahrym likes this.
  20. Stubar Augur

Hastened Bestial Bloodrage--- 5 ranks 1minute per rank
    OR Extended Bestial Bloodrage---5 ranks 1Minute per rank

Extending the duration of this buff or shortening the recast on this would really only help our sustained DPS (and even then not that much) and do nothing for our burns (as I'm sure that quite a few bsts already use in on burns). As it is, beasts are already starting to fall behind on the sustained due to our mana issues.