Beast box duo question for Yelinak TLP

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Quik, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Quik Augur

Luclin is about to drop and I will be making my Bst.

For a TLP what would the better option be for a box duo class for a Bst?

I was leaning to Ranger just for turning on arrows and forgetting about him.

I was also thinking Druid for ports, heals, and decent utility.

I have an Enchanter, while extremely powerful they are tough for me to box and pet.

Bard is an option also for a simple unskilled songbot and turn on melee then focus on Bst.

Of those 4 what would be best for Luclin?

Would it change for PoP or would the duo still be the same?
  2. Treiln Augur

Bard is always going to be the standard “box” toon. But if you’ve already got an Enchanter, I’d stick with it.

Can use the Enchanter pull thanks to CC.
    Send in BST warder and get to melee’ing
    Use Enchanter to throw out a macro for debuff/DoTs/DD and focus on the BST for optimal DPS output.

Casters are easy to box as you can set up a social to fire off 4-5 spells in a row, meaning they don’t require attention for up to 10 seconds while still being effective.

Druid would be my second go to for more buffs/travel/evac
  3. Alnitak Augur

I have no TLP characters, however I have played alot during original Luclin and PoP era with my beastlord.
    A level 60 beastlord can solo almost all of the Luclin (except raiding events, of course) and most of the PoP T1 / T2 zones. The bottleneck was mana - too much mana spent on healing the warder.
    Also, in general, a beastlord doesn't have an easy crowd-control, snare/root option and transportation services.
    Taking all that into a count I would recommend pairing it with a druid, until mercenaries will be enabled (much later) at which point replace it (or just add a third box) with a mage.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Don't forget mage. Easy to box, strong tank, shouldn't have to change targets from mob you are nuking to heal pet.