basics of zerkers

Discussion in 'Melee' started by ptah, May 3, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

ok so fellowship is adjusting for summertime lows.. and the active people made 4 new HC zerkers.

A-- primay goals is just level, learn, crush. these zerks are in the backup fellowship.. and will leveling to 105 106 asap. then high focus on eotd and VP flagging.

B these are all but 1 box.. of a clr, shaman, bard#3.. and 1 primary zerk as a solo player that retired his nec last week.

C. Current plan is as follows. we are just leveling.. no AA no auto grant nothing but leveling.. not 1 AA will be spent til 105.. max synergy lines, auto grant once 105.. etc.. Huge learning curve as we lost your zerker main to x raid guild.

Question.. just looking for a simple clue for correct path on zerk.. 99% the zerks will be in conflag at 106.. maybe a rot droga sword from open raids if we lucky.. Hstr Hdex unknown atm which is what is best. thinking Hdex.. but I will learn.

Dicho Alliance and just learning is all important..
    thank you in advance.. plan d is to just kill them all and let god sort out the mess.
  2. Tolzol Augur

Heroic dex is king don’t worry bout hstr. Zerker alliance is useless unless you have three zerkers in group/raid. It’s decent in the raid game if you have 3 zerkers but without at least three it will not fulminate. And if you have them all in one group for group game it would still likely be worthless cus mobs should die before it fulminates. Our Dicho is very nice especially in the group game. But if you are a main zerker I’d recommend signing up for zerker forums to get all the info your looking for.
  3. ptah Augur

I'm not the main..i will push Ziggy to get on the forums.. and teach the rest of us non mains.

Atm its 1 war 1 bard. 3 zerks and merc healer.. we drop the bard if all 4 zerks are only..

Happy to see Hdex is path.. cant wait til we findout we can LO grind OT mission for them slot 5s.. but that is 18 levels away..
  4. ptah Augur

of note this is all to build towards 2 group content.. if that Vp great.. if that's powar that great.. if that's RoF raids that great.. if that gimping out and doing RoS t2 named that's great..

the real fun is when we start to test limits at 2 group content in older raid content..

on paper this is the roster

war x2.. eok raid
    bard x3 1 bard is a main.. eok/ros raid other 2 are conflag
    clr x4 1 main eok raid.. has ros wins.. never loots.. other 3 are box conflag
    bst main.. group.. I like his action
    x4 on the zerks.. 1 main x3 box.. this is the project
    x1 ranger that never logs in

retire nec, clr, pally.. 3 chanter that are 110 but not active as they are alts.
    Array of alts etc
    like 8 or 9 mages.. raid to conflag

Dream would be to add an SK or shaman that wants action nightly. Monkey would be kewl too
  5. Tolzol Augur

Well with warrior 3 zerkers and a bard and a real healer you should be able to due all the group missions including the two group mission. Just will have to be careful in the OT mission if you use Dicho when you get the debuff from cacti it will kill the Zerker instantly. Healer will have to be on their toes for that mission
  6. Daedly Augur

What is it about the OT mission that makes dicho bad? I am planning giving it a go soon, so not familiar with it yet.
  7. Brohg Augur

Agonizing Needles 0s 0s 18s Unresistable Single 1: Decrease Current HP by 5000
    2: Lifetap from Weapon Damage: -5%
    3: Decrease Chance to Double Attack by 50%
    4: Decrease 1H Blunt Accuracy by 100

Line 2. Ber DPS with autoattack is enough to reflectively kill them inside about 3 ticks. A disced up Dicho+Rampage combo functionally self-DTs
  8. Derka Power Ranger

Make friends with a 80+ Shaman. Have them buff you with Thorn Wilting before OT mission.
  9. Tolzol Augur

I’m fairly positive that will not help at all. The so called DS that everyone claims is a damage shield is not a damage shield it is the debuff that brohg posted above. And yes 5% of a few million dmg is instadead for you if you hit it with agonizing needles on you which outside of like the first 5 maybe 10 seconds you will likely have this debuff until cacti is dead. Like i said above if you will be doing this with war/bard/3 zerkers you will want a good healer and healer merc will likely not cut it
  10. Brohg Augur

Thorn Wilting does not remotely do what you think it does.

Thorn Wilting negates 59 points of your own Damage Shield buffs. That's damage shield buffs on you. If you have a damage shield buff on you, like a druid buff or magician buff or a ranger buff or an item clicky, then you can also get Thorn Wilting, to make that damage shield buff be 59 points less powerful.

Not only does Thorn Wilting not interact at all with a 5% reverse lifesap from weapon damage, it doesn't even interact with traditional damage shields on mobs. You are barking up the wrong tree.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

Never tested it but running the OT mission with zerkers, rogues and monks often, they seem to not die with that buff on. Maybe they just got better at managing the debuff.
  12. Sancus Augur

I think it should entirely inhibit damage shield buffs on you? Thorn Wilting's Base2 is 59, which should make the effect (SPA 382, which is Inhibit Effect) inhibit SPA 59 (which is the SPA for damage shields).

Nitpicky and unrelated to the OT mission, but yeah.
    Brohg likes this.
  13. segap Augur

My experience running it with melee heavy groups is you either die in the first 6 seconds, or you survive and win in 45-60 seconds. It can be brutal and the logs usually only show you taking about 20k damage total in those 6 seconds. I can even have no weapon (no damage items) in hand and die in that 6 seconds likely from special attacks and/or kick/bash. Done it with rogue, monk, war, sk, beast, ranger and zerker. All have the same issues. Mage pets can go to town and never die.
  14. mmats Augur

No problem with an SK in group :)

[6268] Lich Sting
    Target: Caster Group
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks) Song
    Max Hits: 800 Outgoing Hit Successes
    11: Lifetap from Weapon Damage: 50%
  15. segap Augur

I can still die in less than 6 seconds with that up.
  16. Daedly Augur

Got ya, thanks. Looking at that spell information, looks like I might have to switch my bst to two h2h weapons for it just in case.
  17. Brohg Augur

that is the weirdest lesson to draw from this conversation
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Daedly Augur

You guys covered my question quite thoroughly. So I made a comment about one of the other lines in the spell description /shrug.
  19. Filter Augur

Just my two cp's worth here. If you aren't going to do auto grant of aa's. Your dmg output will jump considerably once you auto grant because of all of the passive aa's you get to boost your dps. Personally I wouldn't do this because of the dps boost will help you level and learn your toon as they're granted. I remember once I hit 105 on zerker and grouping in FM, my dps jumped a lot.
    I run a war bot and my zerker main and there are very few things I can't do.

Have fun with your project!
  20. Cleaver Augur

Do not auto grant until after you do the epic part in seb. (you will decap that mob when testing axes and fail constantly if you do)