Barter...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Buster_Shruggs, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Buster_Shruggs Augur

If you set up a Barter to purchase items and "you" are asking for 900 of item X, then please

don't set your buying limit to 2 of item X per transaction. Even at 20 per transaction selling to a

barter can be tedious; 450 transactions?! /faint

I tend to check barters when I have an excess of tradeskill components.

I think its a good system with the exception of what I mentioned above.
  2. CatsPaws Devil's Advocate

There is no way when you set up /barter to set the buying limit that way, its not the player setting that limit at 2. Or 3 or 6 or whatever odd amount it allows you to sell to them.

Its a well known bug for many years. A possible work around is to go in person and sell to them, not convenient but will sometimes alleviate the issue
  3. CatsPaws Devil's Advocate

4. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I was not aware of that bug. Sometimes I notice the more transactions I conduct during a sale the

number increases; I only noticed due to getting more plat per transaction. Started it at 5 then went up by

2 or 3 until reaching 20. Today though, every transaction I made was limited to 2 per. I never really paid

attention to what items were being sold when the numbers would fluctuate.
  5. CatsPaws Devil's Advocate

Its a royal pain. I guess when it happens we could pm niente which server, the barter that is set up and if it was from a different zone or in person and the time. But I don't think they will be able to reproduce it - its very random
  6. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Lol, dang I didn't take any screenshots... I am still waiting for them to fix Emp SSRA and

Cursed Cycle. OR at least acknowledge the issue. :D

[IMG]
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Buster_Shruggs Augur