Barter search

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

So on Drinal right now if you search in barter only 1 vendor shows up with anything. It limits it to 200 search lines. His name starts with aaabaarter.

Now I tried to make another toon with aaa and it stated it was against the regulations to have 3 of the same letter in a row. The problem isn't his name, it's that unless you know what your looking to buy you only see his name.

There needs to have some sort of a search function that is greater than the name, all, and local barterers. Or there needs to be default search that is not by names. This is needed so that others who don't have names that start alphabetically can set up barter people.

Thanks
  2. Mazame Augur

You can click on an item you have and then search and it will list all people looking for that item
  3. tyrantula Elder

A lot of people look for something in /barter to go farm to make money. If the dude has every line then it's useless. There are a lot of items you forget about until someone wants to buy it in barter.
  4. svann Augur

You could click where it says buyer to reverse the alpha order and then do another find. Or click price to sort it by price. But honestly, I dont see how it will ever be efficient to try looking at everything just to find something to farm. Since you still only get 200 lines you cant really get a good scope of everything people are buying. Better just to hunt where you are going to hunt and then alt-shift-click what you get to see if anyone is buying what you got.
  5. Dewey Augur

Thank you. This is the exact problem. Let's hope it can be fixed. There is no reason for 1 reseller to dominate the /barter system. Expecially since he made his name prior to the restriction. You can't even make a different name higher in the alphabet to top this guy.
  6. niente Developer

What would be the ideal output when searching barter with no input?
    What would be some other input that would be good (i.e. similar to bazaar search)?
  7. Brohg Augur

One go-to I'd say only the top plat offer for any item should be displayed, so that bad offers don't crowd out good ones, but the /barter function allows tradesies not just plat. Perhaps top plat offer should still be the default when "open" searching since folks "open" searching, as a rule, just want those shiny pps.
  8. tyrantula Elder

Plat limit filters, category filters (collectibles, tradeskill, misc, etc). I know for me, when I used to search barter like this, I would search for common things like silk, animal pelts. For as many searching to buy krono, and how many they actually want to buy (people putting up 40+ krono @ 1 krono per line), maybe some type of /ignore feature in those.

1) Category filters
    2) If someone wants to buy more than 1 of that item, limit to show only 1 of them (or only a couple)
    3) Plat limit filters

That's my take.
    Andarriel likes this.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

I wouldn't want just the top value to display, as I avoid the people that just one-up someone else (i.e. someone buying something for next-highest price +1 that are buying hundreds of items, versus the person that only wants a few of something (that are clearly using it versus potentially just being a broker)).
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Dewey Augur

From highest price to lowest price for the item. With a filter on the side to sort by price. So that it shows all vendors buying an item for X price...

For instance the krono... If it's the first thing listed you'll see multiple people buying them. If I see a player trying to buy one for 1.8 mil instead of a reseller I'd sell to them. Sorting it by price would allow us that option.
  11. svann Augur

You can sort by price already. I agree it should be the default sort though.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

When you zone into the Bazaar and there are buyers set up to buy things you have you get this message:

[Fri Jun 07 16:56:50 2019] There are 21 Buyers waiting to purchase your loot. Type /barter to search for them, or use /buyer to set up your own Buy Lines.

Searching with no input should show results for who wants to buy your stuff.

I have a couple hundred items I'm holding at any given time, but I have no idea which items those 21 buyers want to purchase and I don't particularly want to search for 200 items to find out which ones it is.

All the Bazaar filters. The find item window uses a similar interface, so should /barter.
    Brohg and tyrantula like this.
  13. Dewey Augur

You can't search by price thou. If you do it will only show the player with aaaba. Because the top guy has more than 200 items. Searching by the price currently only searches from the initial 200.
  14. Leigo You come here often?

wtb check box for collectables already owned.. much like vendor Show only items i can use
    tyrantula likes this.