Barter Buyer Window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Janque, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Janque New Member

Been playing a long time but decided I'd finally make a post here so forgive me if there is already a thread but did a simple search and nothing really fully touched on what I'm posting about. I've been using the /buyer (barter) feature recently and there are a lot of Quality of Life features that seem like they should already be there, but just aren't included (if this should be listed under bug let me know.)

Under the "Buy Lines" portion of the /buyer window, there are headings for: On / Icon / Item Name / Cnt (Count) / Offering. It almost seems as though the heading should be clickable and if it were and it able to be made weighed by standard methods (A-Z / Z-A for names, lowest to highest / highest to lowest for count and price), this would *dramatically* help finding items in this window. This heading could function much in the same way the /bazaar window or the find item window function already, which is why I almost wonder if this is just a bug, being that this heading appears exactly the same as those, yet it does not function in the same way. Those changes would make this much more enjoyable than whatever arbitrary way it is currently adding and sorting the items. At this time when I add an item it will put it in the list, seemingly, where ever it feels fit and then highlights a random item at some point lower on the list (usually two items down but I've had it choose others?). These headings being functional would also help in gauging price points and in doing searches on current competition pricing on items.

Trying to scroll through the list to see if I can locate a specific item on it has caused alof of frustration. Numerous time 've passed by an item three or more times trying to locate it, whereas alphabetically it would be found instantly or even using a sorted price method, I could at least gather that information from the barter window for my current pricing and locate it. The "Items to Buy" and "Your Inventory" portions of the window are already listed alphabetically so they are at least able to easily be navigated, however, "Buy Lines" portion isn't? Also, in using the system, there is no shown "cap" on how many items you can create buy lines for but I did get to a point where I could not add any more items to that list. A "Buy Lines Left: ###" between the "Activate All" and "Remove" button would take the guesswork out of that as well.

Not complaining and for all I know the window did used to work this way and broke at some point and fell by the wayside or maybe I'm having a UI issue and someone can correct me. Anyone else using the buyer window having this experience? Is this making sense?