Bards the worse class???

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kritr, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Gnomeland Augur

Bards are better than either, except for short, magic based burns. But compare an enchanter's versatility to a bard's and it's just not there.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Treiln Augur

I know it was mentioned before that:

Pure caster group: Chanter > Bard (in terms of ADPS only)
    Pure melee group: Shaman > Bard (in terms of ADPS only)
    Any sort of mixed group: Bard > all (in terms of ADPS only)

But the groups have to be as "pure" as can be for the above to remain true. As to whether anyone has run numbers on it or not is beyond my knowledge.

Would be interesting to see someone test it out though.
  3. Szilent Augur

repeating a claim doesn't substantiate it.

is it true?
  4. Treiln Augur

And yet everyone likes to claim that Bard > all others

Those who favor bards in their minds have yet to provide numbers proving they are right as well.

From a development stand point, it would make sense to have Bards fall behind both Shaman and Enchanters in their respective groups as far as ADPS output goes with Bards being a jack of all trades situation.

Now as to whether or not that's how they made them /shrug.

I'll be following to see someone post numbers :)
  5. code-zero Augur

I think that we can be pretty sure that Bard isn't the worst class when people are asking for proof that they aren't the best.
    Ozon and Treiln like this.
  6. Treiln Augur

Some actual truth has been spoketh
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Cadira Augur

He can't.

Shaman epic has always increased my melee chars dps by 20% on the dot for it's duration. This ignores stacking issues (savage spirit) making it even worse in that case.

Shaman spire is...trash, right?

Shaman composite is cool, but fairly small in grand scheme of things iirc.

Aid is cool but can be tb and mgbed on everyone most the time it's used ideally. Don't have hard % on this one in terms of non ber dps increases if I'm honest.

Bard firece eye alone has increased all my melee by 40%, has ...no? Stacking issues whatsoever, and has over twice the uptime of shaman epic - the only huge competitor of bard adps between the two.

This ignores QuickTime, bard epic, all songs and synergy which collectively would pulverise any idea that shaman is outright more adps than bard.

For casters....far as I know bard mostly just brings crit chance, along with spell haste and decent increase to spell base damage?

An enchanter probably increases burn dps more than bard, but bard brings more overall sustained (since their crit rate is maxed without a bard during burn?) I can't substantiate if bard is better across a long parse but it's probably close.
    code-zero likes this.