Bards the worse class???

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kritr, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Shredd Augur

Give me 9 bards every raid!
    Fenthen and code-zero like this.
  2. Cadira Augur

Looking at all aspects of the game and what a bard can do, they are probably the single most powerful class in the game if you look at it from an extremely general and broad point of view.

DruidCT, Skuz, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Bard is a high level skill class that has the odd factor of being simple to box. If they were simply overpowered then there'd be large numbers of them being played but that's not the way Bard works. Even years ago I encountered players who resented the fact that having a Bard in group just made the group a lot better.
    Strumph, Fenthen and Cadira like this.
  4. Desean-Xeg New Member

You can do your most ADPS by doing DPS thanks to Bard Synergy.. and DoTs are massive dmg. Often more worthwhile than an adps song if your group setup is not perfect.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Beergoggles Elder

The problem with this is that the majority of bard adps songs have lagged behind significantly, especially in comparison to dot focus AA's that have increased bard dps. It has been parsed out ad nauseum and the numbers show that it is an overall dps loss for groups and raids for bards to play purely adps songs. Many bard songs of specific SPA's just aren't worth using because bard dots do significantly more damage than what the adps song provides for the entire group. If playing adps songs actively reduces the effectiveness of a group, why should bards continue to play those songs rather than dropping the underperforming songs for songs that both improve their personal dps but the group or raid's dps? Sadly it's not even close either, bard dots seriously outperform the majority of adps songs, especially the increase damage of direct damage fire spells, or magic spells, or the dots versions of those songs etc. Outside of insults bards only should be using 2-3 adps/buff songs depending on group setup and the rest should be dots and insults.
    Strumph, Fenthen and code-zero like this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Did you get outparsed by a bard?
  7. Orienn TreeHugger

Bard bring so much to the group and the raid. I just added a box bard a few months ago and man I should of made one years ago. I always figured they would be harder to play than they are but they're really easy once you get the hang of it. Every raid wants at least all their dps groups to have a bard, it's like the one class that never closes. I need to practice more at the pulling and cc I don't do much of it when I'm boxing, I usually just use the ranger for that cause it's what I know.
    Strumph likes this.
  8. Strumph Augur

Yep that was me almost 3 years ago... cannot live without the bard!

Good info here. My "main" is ranger, but mainly raid on bard. And I'm sad when I see other bards with low DPS and not using 4 dots, 2 insults in /melody. Gotta look at the DPS of the whole group and make choices based on that.
    Orienn likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From level 65 to 115 I felt Bard was a very powerful class so long as you actually know WTF you are doing and put in some effort, even a Bard box was strong if you had enough knowledge to make it work well.

I think it's time to stop crying foul & actually L2P.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. IheartEQ Lorekeeper

11. Raptorjesus5 Augur

How are people melodying insults and not running out of mana constantly? I am constantly killing and ended up taking them out of my main melody due to mana problems. Am I missing anything? Good for a second melody for named though.
  12. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Are you max gear/aa/heroic progression? Nuking every third song with crescendo in my melody takes like 45 minutes to an hour to run me down most of the time. That with ooc regen every now and then and I dont run out much, if Im running low I just put a different song in that slot.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Ourok New Member

Rallying Solo is your friend. Even using it I run dry after about 2 hours non-stop, but how many PUGs run 2 hours non-stop these days? An ooc break for 30 seconds while your group kills one mob without you can also do wonders.
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

will usually run out of mana and endurance in less than an hour of constant pulling.. and I'm horrible about watching my HME.. so the Cleric/Mage I hang out with has a hotkey that says ELY SIT DOWN AND MED! and he says it in my headset at the same time.. and I'll be like, ok , after this kill.. and then ADD brain forgets by the time the mob dies 5 seconds later, and I go pull again... and this happens 3 or 4 times.. and then its ELYSITDOWNELYSITDOWNELYSITDOWN for the last 3% of a mobs life...

and that's with Rally & Mod rods...
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  15. Cuuthbert Augur

There are only 2 classes in EQ... BARDS and groupies. Any other class can be filled in for. Bard is the best ADPS in the game hands down and can do well on DPS. Do bards top dps, god I hope not. That being said no one brings more to a group than a bard if play properly. But I do want our natural resist to ae damage the took from us in EOK
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Razorfall Augur

Outside of a few situational things (mostly CC), nothing is really gonna eat up your mana other than insults (or sticks and stones if you're raiding) so you might as well go HAM with insults as long as there are no aggro issues.

That being said, if you want to improve your mana usage, you can gain at least 8 minutes by swapping a nuke to pulse/chorus.

Endurance should be ok, unless you're spamming BB and VG together

The melody I use doesn't cast insult as often, but the mana regen and paragon are enough to where I don't have mana issues on my ranger and beastlord unless I'm running Scarlet Cheetah Fang, or if I'm chain pulling indoors.

That melody is just

Psalm,Crescendo,Dot 1,
    Psalm,Crescendo,Aria,
    Psalm,Crescendo,Dot 2,
    Psalm,Crescendo,War March/War Chorus,
    Psalm,Crescendo,Dot 3,
    Psalm,Crescendo,Pulse/Chorus,
    Psalm,Crescendo,Dot 4,
    Psalm,Crescendo,Nuke

It seems pretty long, but it's to make sure psalm and crescendo go off as soon as possible. Your uptime will probably be like this

[IMG]
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  17. Shakara Augur

I am not sure anymore if Bards are the best ADPS. Both Shamans and Enchanters have significant APDS abilities. However Bards are more versatile and have access to the largest range of abilities in the game.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

Bards are the best class in the game. Enchanters dont really have a place in melee groups. Shaman are probably lackluster in a non-mage caster group.

Bards are good in every/any group.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Shakara Augur

EQ doesn't really have a "best" class. Bards are the most versitile ADPS class. If you value versatility over specialization then yes they are the best. Bards also work in conjunction with Shamans and enchanters so you never really have to chose one over the other. But in terms of raw APDS output Enchanters and Shamans have better numbers.
  20. Szilent Augur

substantiate this